Going to New York for the first time

2»

Comments

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Since you're a foodie and you live in the great bay area, the best advice I can give is to avoid Mexican food at all costs! I have been taking suggestions for the last 5 years from New Yorkers on where I can get Mexican food as good as on the west coast only to be sorely disappointed. One exception was from a poster on here who introduced me to a gem called Radio Mexico only to have it close a few months later. Just take in the amazing Thai, Japanese, Italian, Korean, etc. Oh! If a pizza place has the word "famous" anywhere in it, know that the only thing it's famous for is duping tourists into thinking this is actually good pizza!

yea mookie...radio mexico = me .... aka jason.... aka new york and pearl jam is # 1

There you are! Hadn't read the rest of the thread! Indeed it was you. How are you holding up after all of the NYU dorms left?!? ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    If you need any drugs while your here, just pm me.
    Does this just apply to the op?!?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Does this just apply to the op?!?

Ya sorry, i only sell to tourist, part of a good will program Mayor Bloomberg set up on the downlow.

unless your like a hot chick? i've been known to bend the rules on occasion.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    mookie9999 wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Since you're a foodie and you live in the great bay area, the best advice I can give is to avoid Mexican food at all costs! I have been taking suggestions for the last 5 years from New Yorkers on where I can get Mexican food as good as on the west coast only to be sorely disappointed. One exception was from a poster on here who introduced me to a gem called Radio Mexico only to have it close a few months later. Just take in the amazing Thai, Japanese, Italian, Korean, etc. Oh! If a pizza place has the word "famous" anywhere in it, know that the only thing it's famous for is duping tourists into thinking this is actually good pizza!

yea mookie...radio mexico = me .... aka jason.... aka new york and pearl jam is # 1

There you are! Hadn't read the rest of the thread! Indeed it was you. How are you holding up after all of the NYU dorms left?!? ;)

dude!!!!!!! its been dead quiet..but all of a sudden this week a couple had a screw fest!!!
    tues - today all day at least 20 -25 x just during work hours!!!
    good fun that was long overdue!!

hopefully they keep it up..and they knew because they were waving :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

917 402 .... pm me please
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    mookie9999 wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:

Damm mookie & Neily on one thread Hey to the chick who's coming to NY stay away from these two :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mookie9999 wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:

Damm mookie & Neily on one thread Hey to the chick who's coming to NY stay away from these two :lol::lol:

SHHHHHHHH SHE IS NEW !!! ;):lol::lol:
    Damm mookie & Neily on one thread Hey to the chick who's coming to NY stay away from these two :lol::lol:[/quote]

JOSE!!! How are you my friend?!? As to the weary traveller, what Jose meant to say was hit these two fine gentlemen up upon arrival! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    mookie9999 wrote:

JOSE!!! How are you my friend?!? As to the weary traveller, what Jose meant to say was hit these two fine gentlemen up upon arrival! ;)[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol:

Good here and it's good to see you are still around ... 8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mookie9999 wrote:

JOSE!!! How are you my friend?!? As to the weary traveller, what Jose meant to say was hit these two fine gentlemen up upon arrival! ;)[/quote]

we are 2 fine chefs........ :mrgreen:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I've gotten 43 Pm's, people need to chill, it was a joke.
    :lol::lol:
  • [/quote]

Damm mookie & Neily on one thread Hey to the chick who's coming to NY stay away from these two :lol::lol:[/quote]

SHHHHHHHH SHE IS NEW !!! ;):lol::lol:[/quote]

umm, I've been lurking on the message boards in its various incarnations since '99...I hardly qualify as "new"...

but thanks for the advice everyone!
    just fyi, this will be me in NYC...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6yYd6Pq7Ic
    jammergirl wrote:

SHHHHHHHH SHE IS NEW !!! ;):lol::lol:[/quote]

umm, I've been lurking on the message boards in its various incarnations since '99...I hardly qualify as "new"...

but thanks for the advice everyone!
    just fyi, this will be me in NYC...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6yYd6Pq7Ic[/quote]

nice and feisty also !!!! :mrgreen:
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I've been to NYC twice for work. I ate at McDonald's one day (gross.)

I never noticed that neily babe is a flirt, where have I been? Can I get 43 private messages, please? That would be fun, :lol:

Have fun on your first trip! It was summer both times when I went, I believe in 2004 and 2005. I got off of the train and into a taxi, what a scary taxi ride, that guy drove like a maniac. I thought for sure I was going to die.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • mookie9999 wrote:

haha, thanks for the heads up! I feel pretty spoiled with all the good Mexican food around here, I won't seek it out in NY.

on another note, is it weird that I really want to see the new Spiderman musical? it just sounds like such a train wreck of a show, I kind of want to see it for myself. this guy knows what I'm talking about:
    http://www.kansascity.com/2011/01/15/25 ... train.html
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153

I don't believe there are even 40 ppl reading this forum.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'