BLEACH STAINS?

2»

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    eyedclaar wrote:
    This is America, Juggler, just buy a new house.

Eyed, what do you do with the bloodstains on your carpet?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    eyedclaar wrote:

Especially one you can't afford
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    eyedclaar wrote:

There is no longer carpet in my basement, learned that the hard way...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    eyedclaar wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

I had always just pictured this when ever you invite someone over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwicLgOGJOI
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    eyedclaar wrote:

I had always just pictured this when ever you invite someone over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwicLgOGJOI

You picture him popping in some Huey?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,610
    You can try to patch it yourself. You need a new carpet blade and/or a regular box cutter with a new blade.

Lay your patch piece over the stain-you're going to have to eyeball your cutting area-carefully cut through both pieces of carpet at the same time.... pop out the stained piece and your patch piece should be the exact same shape... throw some glue on the back and voila!

If you have enough extra carpet I highly recommend practicing this first until you're comfortable with it!

Or--buy a little throw rug.

btw- The same process works for patching wallpaper.

thanks. trust me, i ain't doing that myself. i doubt the fiance would let me :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    You can try to patch it yourself. You need a new carpet blade and/or a regular box cutter with a new blade.

Lay your patch piece over the stain-you're going to have to eyeball your cutting area-carefully cut through both pieces of carpet at the same time.... pop out the stained piece and your patch piece should be the exact same shape... throw some glue on the back and voila!

If you have enough extra carpet I highly recommend practicing this first until you're comfortable with it!

Or--buy a little throw rug.

btw- The same process works for patching wallpaper.

thanks. trust me, i ain't doing that myself. i doubt the fiance would let me :lol:

women-saying-no.jpg
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Maybe..actually very possibly...can't hurt to ask
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    well the installer said they normally don't do patch jobs due to a lot of responses from customers like "this looks horrible--i want my money back!" that was not very promising...

next stop is talking to the insurance company tomorrow....i'm so f@cked...... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    well the installer said they normally don't do patch jobs due to a lot of responses from customers like "this looks horrible--i want my money back!" that was not very promising...

next stop is talking to the insurance company tomorrow....i'm so f@cked...... :lol:

what looks worse, a bleach stain or the outline of a patch that you can barely see?

next time, get hardwood floors
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    norm wrote:
    sorry jeags but

:lol::lol::lol:

:x

anyone think the warranty will cover this? :roll:

If you can get warranty on that, then surely I can get it for the phone I dropped in the hydrobath or the other one that got drowned in apple juice! lol :lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    norm wrote:

what looks worse, a bleach stain or the outline of a patch that you can barely see?

Do the curtains match?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Do the curtains match?

well jeags? :think:
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    norm wrote:

Nicer but not idiot stain proof ...
    My friend and her husband spent a fortune on beautiful hardwood flooring for their sitting room,a few days after it had been laid she sat on the floor to paint her toenails ... she had all the stuff she needed around her,nail varnish,remover,coating ... her door bell rang and when she got up to answer it she knocked over all the bottles :o but didn't notice :?
    By the time she got back there was a merging pool of red nail varnish,nail varnish remover :shock: and clear sticky coating soaking into the wood,the remover destroyed the wood coating,the red varnish gave a nice redwood hue and the protective coating sealed it all to the floor :?
    She called me hysterical knowing her husband would flip when he found out ... which he did.It was going to be so expensive to replace they had to rearrange their room and put down a rug ... which now looks a little strange as she was sitting off to the centre of the room.

She now goes to the salon to have her nails painted :lol:

Good luck Jugg ... and remember women do stupid things too :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    stargirl69 wrote:
    norm wrote:

My friend and her husband spent a fortune on beautiful hardwood flooring for their sitting room,a few days after it had been laid she sat on the floor to paint her toenails ... she had all the stuff she needed around her,nail varnish,remover,coating ... her door bell rang and when she got up to answer it she knocked over all the bottles :o but didn't notice :?
    By the time she got back there was a merging pool of red nail varnish,nail varnish remover :shock: and clear sticky coating soaking into the wood,the remover destroyed the wood coating,the red varnish gave a nice redwood hue and the protective coating sealed it all to the floor :?
    She called me hysterical knowing her husband would flip when he found out ... which he did.It was going to be so expensive to replace they had to rearrange their room and put down a rug ... which now looks a little strange as she was sitting off to the centre of the room.

:x :x :x :x :x :lol:

the funny thing is the bleach surrounds the pee. like the pee is immune to the bleach. it's the same color as the carpet. so when i'm looking at the stain, the pee outline is there looking at me....its like my dog's pee is giving me a big "FU YOU IDIOT!" :roll: :x
    www.myspace.com
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    stargirl69 wrote:
    norm wrote:

:x :x :x :x :x :lol:

the funny thing is the bleach surrounds the pee. like the pee is immune to the bleach. it's the same color as the carpet. so when i'm looking at the stain, the pee outline is there looking at me....its like my dog's pee is giving me a big "FU YOU IDIOT!" :roll: :x
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: Brilliant
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    well i got the carpet guy out right now....

he says he should get it looking pretty decent just because the carpet is so new and not worn.

keep your fingers crossed... :x
    www.myspace.com
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    put a piece of furniture over it.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    81 wrote:
    bleach the rest of it.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:D Laughter is your only relief.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

well the work is done....it actually came out not too bad.

you'd only really notice if if you look at it closely (like i always will--but guests probably won't).

there is one slight area of bleach that i kind of lightly sprayed that he didn't get. but its kinda tough to tell so i think i can live with it.

all in all--this turned out better than i anticipated.
    www.myspace.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,705
    Now put the bleach in a locked cabinet so it doesn't happen again.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if anyone suggested twisting your whole carpet and bleaching it to create a big "Tye Dye" style.:D

You will have a STERILE carpet for another 5 years while waiting for kids to stop spilling everything, everywhere.
    Poncier wrote:
    Now put the bleach in a locked cabinet so it doesn't happen again.

spot on advice. spot on.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jo wrote:
    I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if anyone suggested twisting your whole carpet and bleaching it to create a big "Tye Dye" style.:D

You will have a STERILE carpet for another 5 years while waiting for kids to stop spilling everything, everywhere.

i like
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg