Options

The Papa John's guy is a tool...and out of a job.

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    hedonist said:

imalive said:

you might not believe this but.........OHIO pizza rules!

and you don't have to deal with Jersey ;)

When we spent a week or so in Columbus, 2008 or so? Katie's Pizza was our go to.

And, speaking of NJ - Jersey Mike's! It's not the same here.
    I'm gonna ask my LA boys for a sandwich shop for you hedonist. I got you!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    badbrains said:

hedonist said:

imalive said:

When we spent a week or so in Columbus, 2008 or so? Katie's Pizza was our go to.

Gah! You've got a smoochonbothcheeks thing coming your way.

(and I don't even know who those LA boys are, but I'd trust them via you)

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    badbrains said:

i actually never had papa john's pizza and by judging from this thread that's a good thing :)

And there's one right across the street from the university in west Chester.
    yep i know. i'm right outside though and there is better pizza near me.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    badbrains said:

hedonist said:

imalive said:

You're making me miss Tommy's Burgers in L.A.!
  • Options

Gotta come to jersey to get good pizza. No self respecting jersey-girl/boy would dare to get pizza at papa johns

My hubs actually carried two hot large cheese pies from Seaside Heights back to New York! image He found a local place in Colorado that we like and is pretty close to New Jersey pizza. But we quit going to Papa John's years ago.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    just saw this a**hole.

yes, tool.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    So much botox. His cheeks don't move
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Hello
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    This thread proves nothing changes.

The guy is a tool.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    tool squared.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Another rich, racist, republican white man. Big fuckin surprise.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    81 wrote:
    I never understood the whole Chicago-style vs. New York-style(which shouldn't even be a style, it's just pizza) because the former isn't even pizza. And I don't mean that as a knock, it's just that it's a meal in the way meat loaf or a turkey dinner is a meal.
    Ny is like eating cardboard. Ha. Jk, ny style isnt bad.

I just don't know why they say "NY style" - it's just pizza. I understand why they say Chicago style. That's a huge difference.
    Because practically nobody else in the world eats droopy floppy pizza with gigantic super thin pepperoni.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Pizza sucks but I like that garlic butter sauce they have.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    they reduced the amount of pepperoncinis included, and that was the best part of the pizza.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Hate em all you want----However, neither Pizza Hut or Dominos have yet been brave enough to say that they don't want Nazi's enjoying their pizzas.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Hate em all you want----However, neither Pizza Hut or Dominos have yet been brave enough to say that they don't want Nazi's enjoying their pizzas.
    Hahahaha they don't need to because they don't stick their noses out on white supremacist talking points and get nominated the official pizza provider for racists.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    tool squared.
    The fact that he is associated with Jerry Jones increases the tool factor exponentially. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Neither Pizza Hut nor Dominos were stupid enough to publicly announce they were going to raise prices and cut workers' wages to afford Obamacare or blame a downward sales turn on NFL players kneeling for the anthem, either.

One need only look at the philanthropy of Little Caesar's owner Mike Ilitch (RIP) to see how easy it is to be rich and kind instead of a political douchebag.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    Neither Pizza Hut nor Dominos were stupid enough to publicly announce they were going to raise prices and cut workers' wages to afford Obamacare or blame a downward sales turn on NFL players kneeling for the anthem, either.

One need only look at the philanthropy of Little Caesar's owner Mike Ilitch (RIP) to see how easy it is to be rich and kind instead of a political douchebag.
    You can also look to Little Ceasar's owner to find out how to get rich making the worst pizza possible. I'd take frozen pizza over that garbage any time. And I see commercials and billboards all the time for $5.00 pizza, but when I drive by the two by my house they always say $5.99 in the window.
    Papa Johns is the best out of the fast-food chain style pizzas. Doesn't compare to a pizza parlor, but its the best compared to Dominos or Pizza Hut and the like.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

You can also look to Little Ceasar's owner to find out how to get rich making the worst pizza possible. I'd take frozen pizza over that garbage any time. And I see commercials and billboards all the time for $5.00 pizza, but when I drive by the two by my house they always say $5.99 in the window.
    Papa Johns is the best out of the fast-food chain style pizzas. Doesn't compare to a pizza parlor, but its the best compared to Dominos or Pizza Hut and the like.
    I don't really care much for any of them.  I used to love Pizza Hut as a kid, when they actually pan baked their pizzas and brought the iron skillet out to the table.  The Baby Pan! Pan! at Caesar's got me thru college, but they just don't bake their pizzas like they used to.  One thing Little Caesar's does well thought is Crazy Bread.  Damn that shit's addicting.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I don't really care much for any of them.  I used to love Pizza Hut as a kid, when they actually pan baked their pizzas and brought the iron skillet out to the table.  The Baby Pan! Pan! at Caesar's got me thru college, but they just don't bake their pizzas like they used to.  One thing Little Caesar's does well thought is Crazy Bread.  Damn that shit's addicting.
    Yeah I worked at Pizza Hut back in the day and made those pizzas you describe. Haven't had their pizza in ages though. You sure they still don't use those pans anymore? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    They still do pan pizzas, and I still love them!
  • Options
    They still do pan pizzas, but the crust blows.  It's always underbaked and droopy.  At least all the stores in my area.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Papa drives a bitch'n camaro 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Which he paid $275,000 for.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Jason P said:

His folks drove it up here from the Bahamas.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited November 2017
    What is this guy's problem, sheesh. I used to order from Papa John's on occasion, but haven't in years because I found another place, and now I'm glad I haven't been giving them my money for a second reason, lol. I do, however, love those peppers that come on the side with the pizza. I miss that - they were delicious. Take a bite of pizza, take a bite of the pepper - yum. I wish other places would do that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

You can also look to Little Ceasar's owner to find out how to get rich making the worst pizza possible. 

no one is holding a gun to his customers’ heads.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:

His folks drove it up here from the Bahamas.
    You're kidding?

i need to go buy some Def Leapord T-Shirts for some reason ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

You can also look to Little Ceasar's owner to find out how to get rich making the worst pizza possible. 

no one is holding a gun to his customers’ heads.
    Yeah, some people love that shit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata