Options

The Papa John's guy is a tool...and out of a job.

Comments

• Options
    tater926tater926 Posts: 263
    I just wasted 15 mins of my life reading this entire thread. Now im starving for a fucking pizza. I don't care what kind it is, just bring it to me :evil:
    United Center-Jun 29 1998 Alpine Valley-Oct 8 2000
    Assembly Hall-Apr 23 2003 Alpine Valley-Jun 21 2003
    Grant Park-Aug 5 2007 United Center-Aug 23 2009
    United Center-Aug 24 2009 Alpine Valley-Sep 3 2011
    Alpine Valley-Sep 4 2011 Wrigley Field-Jul 19 2013
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    DS1119 wrote:
    Papa Johns is to pizza what McDonalds is to the burger.

I wouldn't go that far. In my opinion Papa John's is probably the best of the big chains (Dominoes, Pizza Hut, etc) but even the big chains aren't the worst pizza. CiCi's is without a doubt the worst pizza on planet Earth. It makes the big 3 look like gourmet food.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    DS1119 wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. In my opinion Papa John's is probably the best of the big chains (Dominoes, Pizza Hut, etc) but even the big chains aren't the worst pizza. CiCi's is without a doubt the worst pizza on planet Earth. It makes the big 3 look like gourmet food.

give me pizza hut any day of the week over dominos and papa's
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

Papa Johns is nasty. All of the chain pizzerias are nasty. It's toast with tomatoe sauce and cheese. Ugh...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    papa in the house....

it's not great, but not bad either.

i prefer little ceasers for cheap pizza. mmmm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    There's not a CiCi's near me but I'd never go to one anyway. They somehow manage to fail at making their pizza look even remotely appetizing in their commercials. Everyone knows that food is always prepared for commercials to make it look better than it actually is (just look at how neatly they put together Big Macs and Whoppers and compare it to what you see when you actually buy one), so that tells me that it's horrendous--probably somewhere near or even below Elio's frozen pizza in terms of taste and quality.
    DS1119 wrote:

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    anyone else sick of seeing his stupid face in every other commercial?

can you please let me know the ground rules on what ages are appropriate to call people names? you have a problem with someone in their 40s calling someone a dbag but you at 30 something can call someone a tool (and start a whole thread about it)? just wondering the cutoffs and boundaries in your mind. thanks in advance for enlightening me.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    hmmm...this thread might have life

lozGr_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s360x240-181194-580.gif
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    norm wrote:
    hmmm...this thread might have life

lozGr_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s360x240-181194-580.gif

It......it.......it never runs out. :shock:
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

give me pizza hut any day of the week over dominos and papa's

Agreed. But if I'm drunk enough, I'll eat pretty much any pizza you put in front of me. Except Sarpino's. NEVER Sarpino's!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    There's not a CiCi's near me but I'd never go to one anyway. They somehow manage to fail at making their pizza look even remotely appetizing in their commercials. Everyone knows that food is always prepared for commercials to make it look better than it actually is (just look at how neatly they put together Big Macs and Whoppers and compare it to what you see when you actually buy one), so that tells me that it's horrendous--probably somewhere near or even below Elio's frozen pizza in terms of taste and quality.

I haven't eaten at CiCi's since probably high school, but even back then we'd have to be stoned to go there. I would say the pizza is probably 95% dough, with the minimum amount of sauce/cheese/toppings they can get away with putting on there.

One of the main things that draws people there is the cheap price. Back then it was "All You Can Eat For Only $2.99", I think they may have gone up to $3.99 now. But what they don't tell you is that your drink will cost more than the food. Back then I think they charged something like $3 or $3.50 for the drink. So that $2.99 ended up becoming closer $7 after tax and everything. And you NEEDED a drink to choke down that bread they were calling pizza.

On top of that they always had all these crazy and nasty looking pizzas out on the buffet. Like the infamous Macaroni and Cheese Pizza...

CiCis.jpg

You didn't have to eat it of course, but just seeing it was pretty unappetizing. I would rather eat a frozen pizza out of the microwave than CiCi's. It is truly awful.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I've had cici's pizza twice at a rest stop coming home from a long drive. It was disgusting. Cici's pizza makes pizza hut look gourmet. Pizza hut is ATLEAST tasty crappy food. This is just plain crappy food.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    alls I know is....I finally got my code for free pizza and pepsi so, even if it's bad.....it's free! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    imalive wrote:
    alls I know is....I finally got my code for free pizza and pepsi so, even if it's bad.....it's free! :lol:
    Yeah, shit pizza or not...you can't argue FREE! :D
  • Options
    CiCi's is without a doubt the worst pizza on planet Earth. It makes the big 3 look like gourmet food.

Fact.

My kids love that shit though. Just about all of them around me have gone out of business now.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options

I haven't eaten at CiCi's since probably high school, but even back then we'd have to be stoned to go there. I would say the pizza is probably 95% dough, with the minimum amount of sauce/cheese/toppings they can get away with putting on there.

One of the main things that draws people there is the cheap price. Back then it was "All You Can Eat For Only $2.99", I think they may have gone up to $3.99 now. But what they don't tell you is that your drink will cost more than the food. Back then I think they charged something like $3 or $3.50 for the drink. So that $2.99 ended up becoming closer $7 after tax and everything. And you NEEDED a drink to choke down that bread they were calling pizza.

On top of that they always had all these crazy and nasty looking pizzas out on the buffet. Like the infamous Macaroni and Cheese Pizza...

CiCis.jpg

You didn't have to eat it of course, but just seeing it was pretty unappetizing. I would rather eat a frozen pizza out of the microwave than CiCi's. It is truly awful.

that looks like someone vomited mac and cheese onto pizza dough.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    youngster wrote:
    jshin wrote:
    Even his stupid car stinks.

I read somewhere that was his first car and he sold it when he was like 20. Then when he became rich he hunted the car down and told the owner he would pay anything to have it back. $250,000 later it was his.
    He even paid the person he sold it to in 1984 $25,000 for tipping him off to who the current owner was.

The car is only worth about $15,000. That alone makes him a tool.

that was actually an episode on one of those picker's-type shows recently
    ridiculous
    i guess his motto is..if you got it, flaunt it?
    and the pizza is horrible IMO
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Papa Johns is the best chain delivery pizza for us

and they have chicken tenders for the doggies too :D
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

Not to mention the garlic dipping sauce.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    pandora wrote:

i've heard that in some places its the best around
    but round here
    horrible, sorry to say
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i have never ate a papa john's pizza, cici's pizza, or any of the others i have read here. wait...i have had little caesear's a couple times. we've all ate pizza hut so that doesn't really count. godfather's was the shit for years, now they are not in my area. happy joe's was good years ago, haven't ate at a happy joe's in a coons-age.

Sorrento's Pizza

Sorrento's is a family owned one restuarant pizza joint. they do make a good pizza. the original owners retired and sold the place to whomever owns it now. the original owners have two boys that worked the establishment. the family's house being attached to the joint made it nice and easy for them to travel to work im sure :mrgreen:

i worked there back then as a delivery driver, phone call guy, and sometimes made pizzas. mostly when i wasn't driving pizzas around i was snorting crank and shooting pool and playing arcade games in the game room in the back of the restuarant.

they have the best pizza around. just the other night my buddy brought out a hawaiian pizza. first time i had Sorrento's in 10 years or so, still tastes the same. and working there all those years ago was a fucking hoot.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    i have never ate a papa john's pizza, cici's pizza, or any of the others i have read here. wait...i have had little caesear's a couple times. we've all ate pizza hut so that doesn't really count. godfather's was the shit for years, now they are not in my area. happy joe's was good years ago, haven't ate at a happy joe's in a coons-age.

Sorrento's Pizza

Sorrento's is a family owned one restuarant pizza joint. they do make a good pizza. the original owners retired and sold the place to whomever owns it now. the original owners have two boys that worked the establishment. the family's house being attached to the joint made it nice and easy for them to travel to work im sure :mrgreen:

i worked there back then as a delivery driver, phone call guy, and sometimes made pizzas. mostly when i wasn't driving pizzas around i was snorting crank and shooting pool and playing arcade games in the game room in the back of the restuarant.

they have the best pizza around. just the other night my buddy brought out a hawaiian pizza. first time i had Sorrento's in 10 years or so, still tastes the same. and working there all those years ago was a fucking hoot.

what do you mean by "hoot?"
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I don't know if the guy is a tool or not, but it REALLY bugs me how he pauses ever so slightly in between "Better pizza" and "Papa John's", while nodding his head slightly and grinning. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PAUSE FOR EFFECT? No-one cares that it's your little schtick. It's annoying. Just say the damn name.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    tool? What kind of tool we talking about here. Handheld? Like a screwdriver, pliers, or crescent wrench? Or a power tool like a drill, sawzall or angle grinder . Battery powered or corded?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    The only chain worth a damn at ALL, and I am a pizza snob, is Papa Gino's.

Some Sbarros locations are OK, but they are few and far between. The ones in and around NYC tend to be better (the one near MSG used to be pretty good....don't know about it anymore).
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    nobody does what papa johns does.....

really?

:?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    The Papa John's out here is fucking disgusting
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Papa-John-Louisville_640_639_s_c1_center_top_0_0_medium.jpg
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Papa John`s sucks here too
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i prefer ellios pizza to papa john's.

i actually make a banging ellios pizza. the trick is to not preheat the oven and cook for 13 minutes when the box says 15.

that and i drown the thing in frank's red hot.