Options

Everythings alright with the band ain't it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    smithnic wrote:
    I love how people interpret Ed's stage banter and their performances as them being in a "good place" or not. That cracks me up! You have no clue! You see them play for 2 and a half hours and you think you know what's going on? HAHAHAHA

I think if they seem happy together and appear to be enjoing what they are doing then that says quite a lot. It certainly would say even more if they were not.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    robowskirobowski Posts: 143
    they are playing better now than ever if you ask me - i see no reason to jump to conclusions. usually i think that if something is too good to be true its probably is! however - pearl jam is always good and that's the truth!
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    smithnic wrote:
    I love how people interpret Ed's stage banter and their performances as them being in a "good place" or not. That cracks me up! You have no clue! You see them play for 2 and a half hours and you think you know what's going on? HAHAHAHA

Can you say, "the glass is half empty" :(

What I was saying is that they seem to be having fun and not just going through the motions to get paid. jeez.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Is this for real? How can you question that? Have you not seen them tour this past month? The band as a whole were even more enthusiastic than in 06. It seems as if the band is growing even closer as time passes.

Plus, if they were not "ok" with eachother, would they even bother with the tour, let alone a new album?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    Is this for real? How can you question that? Have you not seen them tour this past month? The band as a whole were even more enthusiastic than in 06. It seems as if the band is growing even closer as time passes.

Plus, if they were not "ok" with eachother, would they even bother with the tour, let alone a new album?

I couldn't of put it better myself, very well said that man!
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v288/81/40/623196756/n623196756_1038339_825.jpg

It's like he's begging with his eyes 'help me, get me out of here'

Well, to be fair, he is being forced to play Last Kiss.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    thecory wrote:
    relevant in his art? are we talking about ed vedder or tom waits? before we get to full of ourselves this is pearl jam. a good hard rock band. i liked itw, but am not excited at all about an ed solo career. we all ready have clapton, bruce, plant, cornell, mccartney, waters, etc... who needs another great frontman turn into a middle of the road, adult-rock singer song writer?

His art.. as in his music, wait music is art! Its the highest form :D

Im not all about an Ed solo career either.. im just saying , if ed needs to do a few solo shows to keep things alive and interesting with pearl jam, so be it :D Itw is eds peice on the side , if you will ;) MY POINT WAS, pj is fine :)
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    His art.. as in his music, wait music is art! Its the highest form :D

Im not all about an Ed solo career either.. im just saying , if ed needs to do a few solo shows to keep things alive and interesting with pearl jam, so be it :D Itw is eds peice on the side , if you will ;) MY POINT WAS, pj is fine :)

I dunno after hearing the Ed SOlo berkley boot........I totally want to go see him solo. i mean he plays shit that PJ never plays.......fucking Parting Ways!!!!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    I dunno after hearing the Ed SOlo berkley boot........I totally want to go see him solo. i mean he plays shit that PJ never plays.......fucking Parting Ways!!!!!!

Yeah im excited at the chance of possibly goin to the two new york shows :) It should be a blast
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600

I only saw four shows this tour, but I waas lucky enough to pick THE best four ... Camden #1, MSG #1, MSG #2, and Hartford ... I was in good seats each night. The band is sounding tighter than they EVER have, they are obviously having a ton o' fun together, and really enjoying being with each other, and that's NOT something you can easily fake that well when you're in front of twenty thousand or so people who know you fairly well...I saw Jeff and Stone totally cracking up privately with Eddie at something he said to them after one song at Camden, very natural looking and quite authentic ... just from what I saw and heard this time around, this band is at the absolute TOP of their game, and they know it, and they are really enjoying it ... I think 12345AGNST1 said it best ... thye wouldn't be doing this, and doing it so well, if they didn't want to ... they don't have to, and if they weren't happy they wouldn't be able to do it nearly as well as they have been on this tour!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
    I dunno... have a look at this pic, courtesy of Jennytree, and tell me if YOU think everything's alright :o

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v288/81/40/623196756/n623196756_1038339_825.jpg

It's like he's begging with his eyes 'help me, get me out of here'

my god ed looks like the president of iran in this picture. well maybe if the pres of iran had died a few days go. good lord.

edi: http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050702/050702_iranleader_vmed_7a.widec.jpg
    <ahmedinijad
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    thecory wrote:
    my god ed looks like the president of iran in this picture. well maybe if the pres of iran had died a few days go. good lord.

edi: http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050702/050702_iranleader_vmed_7a.widec.jpg
    <ahmedinijad

That's Stone in the original picture, not ed.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    They've always branched out doing side projects and such through their careers but it's just that Ed's ITW was so successful compared to other members' side projects that it does raise some question about the band's status.

But have no fear, I think they love performing together in front of great fans like us...and will be around for another 18 years! :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    spearhead wrote:
    I only saw four shows this tour, but I waas lucky enough to pick THE best four ... Camden #1, MSG #1, MSG #2, and Hartford ... I was in good seats each night. The band is sounding tighter than they EVER have, they are obviously having a ton o' fun together, and really enjoying being with each other, and that's NOT something you can easily fake that well when you're in front of twenty thousand or so people who know you fairly well...I saw Jeff and Stone totally cracking up privately with Eddie at something he said to them after one song at Camden, very natural looking and quite authentic ... just from what I saw and heard this time around, this band is at the absolute TOP of their game, and they know it, and they are really enjoying it ... I think 12345AGNST1 said it best ... thye wouldn't be doing this, and doing it so well, if they didn't want to ... they don't have to, and if they weren't happy they wouldn't be able to do it nearly as well as they have been on this tour!!

Nope, the best were msg 1 and 2, hartford, and mansfield 2 ;)

But yes, its quite obvious the band loves playing with eachother..........................................................................ummm I meant playing as a band. It's pretty crazy that after about 18 years they seem closer then ever. I bet this tour is gonna be the cause for a great 9th studio album. I cant wait.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I have a feeling that while Ed is out doing his little tour, the rest of the guys will be working on stuff in the studio.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I have a feeling that while Ed is out doing his little tour, the rest of the guys will be working on stuff in the studio.

That'd be cool.. would mean an album sooner!
  • Options
    JDfromDEJDfromDE Posts: 60
    they looked like they couldn't stand each other on stage. There's no doubt that they'll break-up. Cancel your fan club membership NOW!

;)
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 8/2/07, 6/14/08, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 8/16/08
  • Options
    Chalk it up to Eddie's love of the East coast!!!
    "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives"--Ed
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Nope, the best were msg 1 and 2, hartford, and mansfield 2 ;)

But yes, its quite obvious the band loves playing with eachother..........................................................................ummm I meant playing as a band. It's pretty crazy that after about 18 years they seem closer then ever. I bet this tour is gonna be the cause for a great 9th studio album. I cant wait.

Nope, Columbia has to be in there.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    mca47 wrote:

Why, so Ed can come in and change everything to what he wants? Seems like a waste.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I'm willing to bet they are recording right now.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    from the various views coming from stages front,

they look to be ( and sound to be ) tighter then a clams ass.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    JDfromDE wrote:
    they looked like they couldn't stand each other on stage. There's no doubt that they'll break-up. Cancel your fan club membership NOW!

;)

LMAO! Yep, I think you all should cancel your memberships now!