Options

Everythings alright with the band ain't it?

FitzFitz Posts: 169
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I mean this EV solo tour announcement seems strange after Pearl Jams dates, does anyone else agree?
Having said that it could be that Ed just wants to get them out of the way before they get back into the Studio and start recording the next album. Regarding the Band; I just wondered how they were together at the recent gigs, ok we all know they were musically awesome but did it look as though they was having a great time being back together on stage again?

I'll tell you something else, its bloody frustrating living in the UK knowing most of you guys are getting a massive PJ fix at the moment. I don't begrudge you it though, I'm just rather jealous but in a nice way. Having said that I cannot wait until the VH1 Who tribute night, that should keep me going lol.
"First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm pretty sure they planned everything in their schedule well in advance....

They probably knew about this east coast solo tour while they were scheduling dates for the west coast...
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    Jill = Yoko
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    tmud91087tmud91087 Posts: 97
    Melonade said it well... You cant just say on June 30th at the end of the tour hey you know what I wanna play some solo shows book me in some places! This has been scheduled for a long long time...Just because we found out about it today doesnt mean it just happened.
    5/24/06 - Boston
    5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08 - Mansfield
    6/30/08 - Mansfield
    8/2/08 - Eddie in Boston (FRONT ROW!)
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    scpjfan wrote:
    Jill = Yoko

ouch!
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Ah yes...the inevitable thread finally shows up
  • Options
    Honestly, I think the band is in a great place right now. Each having there own successes and enjoying each other while exploring other avenues. The band gave us some great shows this summer on top of it in the middle. Ed is one busy bloke for sure. Matt and everyone else have been busy to and all while coming together for our benefit as well as working on a new album. The band has really evolved and I think they all really are enjoying family life and careers right now.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    scpjfan wrote:
    Jill = Yoko
    That's just rude.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    benjs wrote:
    That's just rude.

Exactly, Jill is way better looking then Yoko.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
  • Options
    Fitz wrote:
    I mean this EV solo tour announcement seems strange after Pearl Jams dates, does anyone else agree?
    Having said that it could be that Ed just wants to get them out of the way before they get back into the Studio and start recording the next album. Regarding the Band; I just wondered how they were together at the recent gigs, ok we all know they were musically awesome but did it look as though they was having a great time being back together on stage again?

I hope so. Having seen several shows, musically they were still amazing. It was alittle disconcerting seeing some shows this tour not sell out, but those shows still had 13000 plus so as long as they don't have ego attacks (heard mike say theyd quit when they stopped selling out) and know the economy is slow, no new album, etc. I think they'll be good. A band that can draw even 5000 people is pretty blest after all. Here's to 15 more years if were lucky!!

P.S. of thier last 3 albums, 2 were incredible ( binaural, self titled) and ra had six or 7 songs that are as good as anything they ever did. musically live they are beyond awesome, they can go on filling classy places all over the world if they want and just do the occasional big one, so why not keep rocking in the free world?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    well Ed and a few of the other guys now have children so it makes a lot of sense to tour in the summer months. isn't it interesting that Ed tours in August and stops - maybe being home in september (to work on the album) is just better for the family. makes sense to me.

oh and if their were problems with the band I'd assume the 10C wouldn't be promoting and selling tickets for the shows.
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    benjs wrote:
    That's just rude.

I kid, I kid.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,070
    Boom = Yoko? ;)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    haha this thread is funny. But really, i think the band is fine...
    Ed just needs to do solo stuff so he can make some more monies, we have another mouth to feed on the way after all..

I wouldnt read too much into it..

I think ed is very aware how much flack he would get and he could never really pool off the transition from front man of pearl jam to Eddie Vedder the artists.. not due to the lack of talent but i'm not sure if ed is capable of that douchebagery.. You ride one train long enough, you look stupid if you get off...
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    scpjfan wrote:
    Jill = Yoko

Weird comparison. Did Yoko push John to play? I guess I don't know enough Lennon history. I'm guessing all in jest..Jill is hardly seen...Yoko was always around.

I was thinking the opposite...I'll bet Jill wishes Ed was home more with her and Olivia these days...he's been a busy dude.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    scpjfan wrote:
    Jill = Yoko
    Hey don't blame just Yoko. Linda and her family didn't help the cause, you know.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    scpjfan wrote:
    I kid, I kid.

Ahhh...heard it before though in other posts.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Weird comparison. Did Yoko push John to play? I guess I don't know enough Lennon history. I'm guessing all in jest..Jill is hardly seen...Yoko was always around.

I was thinking the opposite...I'll bet Jill wishes Ed was home more with her and Olivia these days...he's been a busy dude.

im sure his fam is with him at every show.. what more could u want :D They are all making bookoos and getting to spend time together.. Seems to me ed and company are livin the life...

I can see ed being the kind of guy who needs this solo thing to feel relevant in his art.. .. whatever keeps him interested in being with pearl jam and coming back ill be happy with...
  • Options
    yeah this was definitely planned for awhile. I ran into Jeff in NYC and he said that they have a bunch of songs that the band has given to Ed to get some lyrics for and that they were planning on going back into the studio in November
  • Options
    im sure his fam is with him at every show.. what more could u want :D They are all making bookoos and getting to spend time together.. Seems to me ed and company are livin the life...

I can see ed being the kind of guy who needs this solo thing to feel relevant in his art.. .. whatever keeps him interested in being with pearl jam and coming back ill be happy with...

Agreed....We all know what makes Ed happy.

To all their own...I think myself it would be a real drag to for Jill and Olivia to be hanging in hotels so many days of the year, then to have him focused on practicing for a tour and working on the album in between.

So is the life of the successful rock and roller I guess!
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    yeah this was definitely planned for awhile. I ran into Jeff in NYC and he said that they have a bunch of songs that the band has given to Ed to get some lyrics for and that they were planning on going back into the studio in November

a new album next year would be great!
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380

Nice...i hope for the album by june/july....sooner would be great though...then bang...another great tour!!
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Fitz wrote:

I'll tell you something else, its bloody frustrating living in the UK knowing most of you guys are getting a massive PJ fix at the moment. I don't begrudge you it though, I'm just rather jealous but in a nice way. Having said that I cannot wait until the VH1 Who tribute night, that should keep me going lol.

The band it's fine. I think the stangest thing about this post is that you have no song title under your name. It's freaking me out.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290

I can see ed being the kind of guy who needs this solo thing to feel relevant in his art.. ..

relevant in his art? are we talking about ed vedder or tom waits? before we get to full of ourselves this is pearl jam. a good hard rock band. i liked itw, but am not excited at all about an ed solo career. we all ready have clapton, bruce, plant, cornell, mccartney, waters, etc... who needs another great frontman turn into a middle of the road, adult-rock singer song writer?
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    the band is better and happier then ever .. it honestly feels that way
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I dunno... have a look at this pic, courtesy of Jennytree, and tell me if YOU think everything's alright :o

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v288/81/40/623196756/n623196756_1038339_825.jpg

It's like he's begging with his eyes 'help me, get me out of here'
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I dunno... have a look at this pic, courtesy of Jennytree, and tell me if YOU think everything's alright :o

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v288/81/40/623196756/n623196756_1038339_825.jpg

It's like he's begging with his eyes 'help me, get me out of here'

Love that pic!!
  • Options
    At one of the MSG shows Ed said something (not exact words) about having a microphone can sometime make you feel like an a**hole and then something like without them we would be here tonight...and thanks to Jeff and Stone we are....

I wondered as soon as he said it if one of them said something to him about not getting credit during the shows as much as Mike or Matt...My buddy and I talked about it on the train ride back to the hotel as well. He thought it was weird too. I wonder if it will be on the boot?
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    After the 3 shows I'm trying to recover from and seeing how much fun the band was having, along with positive comments Ed made during Mansfield 2 all is cool in PJ land!! :)
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    kh65 wrote:
    After the 3 shows I'm trying to recover from and seeing how much fun the band was having, along with positive comments Ed made during Mansfield 2 all is cool in PJ land!! :)

Great stuff! I would like to apologise, I certainly had no intent to suggest anything other with my thread starter. All I really meant was exactly what you have stated i.e. the fun they were having and obviously enjoying playing together again. I am very positive about these boys as I adore them and their music, its just bloody frustrating sometimes in the UK not getting what you guys get.

Anyway: What were the positive comments Ed made during Mansfield 2?

Thanks in advance.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    I love how people interpret Ed's stage banter and their performances as them being in a "good place" or not. That cracks me up! You have no clue! You see them play for 2 and a half hours and you think you know what's going on? HAHAHAHA
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!