AL MVP: Some Phillie
    AL Cy Young: Another Phillie
    AL Comeback Player of the Year: Another Phillie as well
    AL Manager of the Year: Possibly.....Ditka

NL MVP: A Phillie
    NL Cy Young: Another Phillie
    NL Comeback Player of the Year: Once again, another Phillie
    NL Manager of the Year: A hurricane by the name of, Phillie

out of everything i've seen in this thread, this seems the most logical.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    AL East Champions: Phillies
    AL Central Champions: Phillies
    AL West Champions: Phillies
    AL Wild Card: Ditka

AL Improvement: Phillies
    AL Dissapointment: Not the Phillies

NL East Champions: Phillies
    NL Central Champions: Phillies
    NL West Champions: Phillies
    NL Wild Card: Phillies

NL Improvement: Phillies
    NL Disappointment: Of course not the Phillies

That's right. Da question is: Now, did God create Da Phils, and make them superior to all teams? Or is he simply a huge fan, and Ditka - er, I mean Manuel - made them superior to all other teams?
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    The Red Sox and Yankees will play at least (3) games that will be over four hours long.
    The Pirates will lose at least 90 games.
    Albert Pujols will hit over .300 with over 30 homers and over 100 RBI's.
    The Cubs will not win the World Series.
    The Rays will contend until the end in a half empty ballpark.
    Some player will retire in spring training because he feels that he is being disrespected over the contract offer he receives.
    The Red Sox and Yankees will play at least (3) games that will be over four hours long.
    The Pirates will lose at least 90 games.
    Albert Pujols will hit over .300 with over 30 homers and over 100 RBI's.
    The Cubs will not win the World Series.
    The Rays will contend until the end in a half empty ballpark.
    Some player will retire in spring training because he feels that he is being disrespected over the contract offer he receives.

This here, ladies and gentlemen, is a man who goes out on a limb with his predictions. :thumbup:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I see a Red Sox/Phillies world series, Phillies in 6.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    my prediction:

ryan howards sets ML record for k's/ab and cliff lee gets caught banging someone else's wife ... team goes into tank mode by mid-august ... the philly crew here lose it and burn down citizens park ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    my prediction:

ryan howards sets ML record for k's/ab and cliff lee gets caught banging someone else's wife ... team goes into tank mode by mid-august ... the philly crew here lose it and burn down citizens park ...

I think you're missing a key point that you're not including in your prediction - these men walk with angels. So this statement is not possible. It's impossible. Look it up. It's in books and everything.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I agree...except for the NL manager of the year
    polaris_x wrote:
    my prediction:

the howard thing probably will happen. and after seeing lee's wife, well there's a pretty good chance that happens too.
    The Fixer wrote:

I agree...except for the NL manager of the year

You're right. Trick question - the Phillie Hurricane is up against an actual Phillie manager, therefore, it is a tie.
    And, Fixer, I think you're marginally right on Lee's wife. She's a two face'er. Pictures of her don't seem to great, but then I saw her interviewed when they got into town and she was smoking. So I don't know what to think. All I know is I would lay train all day on Jen Utley.
    And, Fixer, I think you're marginally right on Lee's wife. She's a two face'er. Pictures of her don't seem to great, but then I saw her interviewed when they got into town and she was smoking. So I don't know what to think. All I know is I would lay train all day on Jen Utley.

Jen Utley and Werth's mom...yes please

Mrs Lee...no thanks. Hopefully you saw some footage that I didn't...because I was scared
    The Fixer wrote:

Jen Utley and Werth's mom...yes please

Mrs Lee...no thanks. Hopefully you saw some footage that I didn't...because I was scared

I think the pictures I saw of her is back when he was in the Cleve. She looks like a chubster, but I think she's scaled back the baby fat in time. Plus, she's already popped out a few kids, so I'm sure that set her back.
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    my prediction:

the howard thing probably will happen. and after seeing lee's wife, well there's a pretty good chance that happens too.

having a little fucking respect, will you guys??

So insulting.
    Sorry. Real talk.
  • Fixed
    The Red Sox and Yankees will play at least (3) games that will be under four hours long.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    my prediction:

So insulting.

we're not allowed to call people ugly??

I really don't like this pussification of america. relax dude, we're joking around.
    Sorry. Real talk.

me too ... sorry ... i started it ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    Sorry. Real talk.

me too ... sorry ... i started it ...

I'm sorry - I really don't see the big deal.

Same thing as talking about how ugly, say, Keith Richards is, right?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I'm sorry - I really don't see the big deal.

Same thing as talking about how ugly, say, Keith Richards is, right?

it's sorta locker room talk ... ok - if amongst guys who deem it ok i suppose ... but i can see it as offensive especially to women and i think pureandeasy is female ... either way ...
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

So insulting.

we're not allowed to call people ugly??

I really don't like this pussification of america. relax dude, we're joking around.

Yeah, she's a chick, so I get it.

But at the same time, it is dudes talking about sports - it happens.
    see there's your mistake right there, I'm not a dude :D
    so maybe you can see why I might find that kind of shit unecessary and insulting.

No big deal, I just see no need to be nasty.
    How would you like someone to insult your wife, or for that matter your mother.

I know, being a female sports fan, it's not new to me, but it doesn't mean I have to sit back and keep my mouth shut like a good little girl. :shock:

ok, carry on

I still say Red Sox/Phillies

I'm looking forward to an ugly Yankees season. I hate to be mean. Sorry Yanks fans, but I was raised a Red Sox fan, so it's in my blood to hate them. And now that I've been a Phillies fan for years and years, 2009 didn't help change that opinion in any way whatsoever.

I can't wait till Spring training starts. It's my favorite time of the year. 8-)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    so maybe you can see why I might find that kind of shit unecessary and insulting.

I know, being a female sports fan, it's not new to me, but it doesn't mean I have to sit back and keep my mouth shut like a good little girl. :shock:

ok, carry on

I'm looking forward to an ugly Yankees season. I hate to be mean. Sorry Yanks fans, but I was raised a Red Sox fan, so it's in my blood to hate them. And now that I've been a Phillies fan for years and years, 2009 didn't help change that opinion in any way whatsoever.

I can't wait till Spring training starts. It's my favorite time of the year. 8-)

get 'em pureandeasy! get 'em :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

ok, carry on

ok ... i take back any sexist comments ... but being a red sox AND phillies fan opens up a whole other can of worms ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:

ok, carry on

ok ... i take back any sexist comments ... but being a red sox AND phillies fan opens up a whole other can of worms ... :lol:

This is true. P&E - you gotta let one go. I know how you live here and everything, but ya gotta let one go....NOW.
    polaris_x wrote:

ok, carry on

:lol:

bring it on :lol:
    JearlPam, you mean let one of those teams go??

Oh, I did that years ago, THE PHILLIES ARE MY TEAM all the way. It's hard being a Phils fan in a Red Sox loving family, but I get by :lol:

I just have an affinity toward the Red Sox because my first games were at Fenway when I was 7 years old, that's where I fell in love with the game of baseball.

But when I moved here, there was no cable, so if you wanted to watch baseball, you had to watch the local team. Hence, my becoming a Phillies fan.

And I've never looked back.

and I can prove it, see my avatar, I used to have a Red Sox troll too, but God knows what happened to that :lol:
    JearlPam, you mean let one of those teams go??

Oh, I did that years ago, THE PHILLIES ARE MY TEAM all the way. It's hard being a Phils fan in a Red Sox loving family, but I get by :lol:

I just have an affinity toward the Red Sox because my first games were at Fenway when I was 7 years old, that's where I fell in love with the game of baseball.

But when I moved here, there was no cable, so if you wanted to watch baseball, you had to watch the local team. Hence, my becoming a Phillies fan.

And I've never looked back.

and I can prove it, see my avatar, I used to have a Red Sox troll too, but God knows what happened to that :lol:

Alright. That'll do. You pass. :mrgreen:
  • AL East Champions: Red Sox
    AL Central Champions: White Sox
    AL West Champions: Angels
    AL Wild Card: Yankees

AL Improvement: A's
    AL Disappointment: Rangers

NL East Champions: Braves :clap:
    NL Central Champions: Cardinals
    NL West Champions: Giants

NL Improvement: Nationals
    NL Disappointment: Dodgers :shifty:

This was easy. Probably my favorite thing about baseball is that no one can ever seem to guess what will happen from season to season. That's why I am taking the Braves over the Phillies in the division and the Angels to make a move this year. Do not worry Philly fans, your team will still do damage in the playoffs. I guess we will see!
    polaris_x wrote:

ok, carry on

I agree. but that's how a lot of baseball fans in philly are these days. I will never understand why people from philly like the red sox

I know I've said it before, but being at the bars in philly back in 2004 you would have thought you were in boston. it was sickening