Packing List for PJ20Fest

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    has anybody contacted teh powers that be to see if we can reserve some camp space for the AET tent?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Can we add "mustache comb"' to the packing list?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,895
    we need to get this
    5638634493_8d0c5a1e05.jpg

Was shopping for a bridal shower gift with my girlfriend and ran across this little gem.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    mickeyrat wrote:
    we need to get this

Was shopping for a bridal shower gift with my girlfriend and ran across this little gem.

Okay, I'll add that but Mickeyrat, where exactly were you shopping for this bridal gift?!?

And did anybody remember the waterproof matches, antibiotic ointment and golf umbrella?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Claireack wrote:
    Iodine

we'll be in wisconsin...we should be ok
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    81 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    Iodine

we'll be in wisconsin...we should be ok

You never know - a handy substance with a variety of uses! I've always thought that if I was stuck and needed a quick fake tan I could use it - effective although perhaps a little orangey.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,895
    mickeyrat wrote:
    we need to get this

Okay, I'll add that but Mickeyrat, where exactly were you shopping for this bridal gift?!?

And did anybody remember the waterproof matches, antibiotic ointment and golf umbrella?
    Adam and Eve. ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    sooooooooo......

where is the AET tent being set up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    right next to 'RKCNDY's Casa de' Cardboard' in teh parking lot
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

that might be the way to go. i'm not in the mood to pay several hunderd a night for a hotel when i only live 60 miles away, yet i don't really feel like driving, due to beer intake. take a shower sat AM and with a little extra dedorant, sunday should be fine without a shower? right? :lol:

this is going to be a pita

if i have to drive 10 miles to a campsite, i might as well drive an extra 50 miles and sleep at home.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

that might be the way to go. i'm not in the mood to pay several hunderd a night for a hotel when i only live 60 miles away, yet i don't really feel like driving, due to beer intake. take a shower sat AM and with a little extra dedorant, sunday should be fine without a shower? right? :lol:

if i have to drive 10 miles to a campsite, i might as well drive an extra 50 miles and sleep at home.

if I gave you gas money, and like $100 can I be your designated driver and crash at your place? How bad is the traffic really?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

if I gave you gas money, and like $100 can I be your designated driver and crash at your place? How bad is the traffic really?

can you drive a manual transmission?

coming back once out of alpine, traffic wouldn't bad. going up, i would guess 90 minutes to get there, plus whatever time it takes to park. according to google it's 65 miles and 92 minutes

with you on west coast time, that's all the better. midnight would only be 10pm to you. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,230
    Hey how are we all gonna meet up i'm not going all the way to Wisconsin and not get to see you guys ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Creed albums for a bonfire??
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Hey how are we all gonna meet up i'm not going all the way to Wisconsin and not get to see you guys ...

there is still a seat in the back seat of my truck....after that, you gotta ride in the bed. :lol:

or a flash mob at the pj rest area.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    looks like I will need to bring my wallet - cash and cards.
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

can you drive a manual transmission?

coming back once out of alpine, traffic wouldn't bad. going up, i would guess 90 minutes to get there, plus whatever time it takes to park. according to google it's 65 miles and 92 minutes

with you on west coast time, that's all the better. midnight would only be 10pm to you. :lol:

pppffft....too many hills in Seattle to drive a manual. I can drive a manual...I'll just burn up your clutch! :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    pppffft....too many hills in Seattle to drive a manual. I can drive a manual...I'll just burn up your clutch! :lol:

fuck....gf already make the clutch smoke once....it stunk up the cab for a couple of days. no joke.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pompons. 2 sets...please add them to the list...

- Christopher McCandless
    who is planning the camping portion of this shin dig.....

or am i just driving home after the sat show. :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I still don't know what to do, where to stay.... :|

it's all on tickets...no tickets=no trip

- Christopher McCandless
    edited May 2011
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

i don't think tickets will be that bad. the pavillion seats 7500. assumming the 10c gets 5000 seats (tim said they had a lot), that's 2500 pairs per night, or 5000K pairs for the two nights.

i'm not worried about tickets.

maybe i should rent a van and rent out tent sights in my back, side and front yards.

$30's per camp site which gets you a single shower to share and all you can eat deep dish pizza and beer on friday night and $40 for round trip transportation in a passenger van driven by micky?
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

that's what I am thinking too. It all hinges on Monday. Then will begin the hotel/camping, proximity/$ debate...
    i just priced a 15 person van for 315. add on parking and gas and you are looking at ~430 total. that's only about 30 a person for both days.

hmm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    hhhmmm....
    12 person van can be done for ~26-30 per person, depending on gas. make it 35 and designated driver can have a free ride and excess as a tip. make it 60 and i'll fill the coolers full of good beer, soda, water, burgers, chips and a grill.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    12 person van can be done for ~26-30 per person, depending on gas. make it 35 and designated driver can have a free ride and excess as a tip. make it 60 and i'll fill the coolers full of good beer, soda, water, burgers, chips and a grill.

can you pick me up from my place?

it's only 800 miles, more or less....
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

can you pick me up from my place?

it's only 800 miles, more or less....

stillhere is setting up a caravan from the east coast.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156497
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

you are starting to sound a little enticing...how much to stay at your place? I'm debating on the package from Orbitz...fly to Milwaukee....

- Christopher McCandless