Catefrances received her Ten Super Deluxe Box Set!!!

Comments

• P-JamP-Jam Posts: 807
    :thumbup: :clap:
  • Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
    edited January 2011
    whether these super generous folks wish to be recognized or not, here's the list of contributors, in no particular order (and if I've missed anyone, please let me know):

pjcubs
    fenwayfaithful
    jjflash
    chime
    p-jam
    demetrios
    mfc2006
    gndcd402
    empty glass
    greenmanny
    chrisilein
    paulina87
    dr0ptheleash
    theserialthrilla
    arq
    black diamond
    lukinfan
    stoned and dament-ed
    jethrojam420
    ogt92
    strummers
    leeze
    ryezupsf
    mavi
    jason e
    veddertown
    dimitrispearljam

AND A HUGE THANKS TO THE SUPER GENEROUS PJTRADEKING WHO OFFERED UP THE ITEM FROM HIS PERSONAL COLLECTION AT LOWER THAN MARKET VALUE AND TOOK CARE OF SHIPPING IT FOR US.
    I sure hope I had the correct address for our recipient! I'm chomping at the bit to find out when they receive it!!! I want to also tell the story of how this came about, and I can't do that until the cat's out of the bag.
    Post edited by Hugh Freaking Dillon on
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Paul David wrote:

I sure hope I had the correct address for our recipient! I'm chomping at the bit to find out when they receive it!!! I want to also tell the story of how this came about, and I can't do that until the cat's out of the bag.
    I want to know the story!!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • you will. but I hope I didn't get any expectations up. it's really not THAT interesting. ;)
    rafie wrote:
    Paul David wrote:

I want to know the story!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    I missed out on this... :cry:
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I missed out on this... :cry:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,330
    Paul David wrote:
    AND A HUGE THANKS TO THE SUPER GENEROUS PJTRADEKING WHO OFFERED UP THE ITEM FROM HIS PERSONAL COLLECTION AT LOWER THAN MARKET VALUE AND TOOK CARE OF SHIPPING IT FOR US.

bow.gif
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    demetrios wrote:
    Paul David wrote:

bow.gif
    I agree! Scott rocks!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    LukinFan wrote:
    I agree! Scott rocks!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LukinFan wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Paul David wrote:

bow.gif
    I agree! Scott rocks!

the guys fantastic
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    Paul David wrote:
    until the cat's out of the bag.

The Cate is out of the bag...

I repeat...

the eagle has landed
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Jason just pm'd me to let me know that Cate contacted him CONCERNED that she just received a new Ten Super Deluxe Box Set in the mail without any information. He told her the story. So now I can share how this came about.

Jason E started a thread a while back asking if anyone had an extra Ed Notebook from the Deluxe Box they'd be willing to part with. I inquired with him about who it was for and so forth, and he told me it was for Cate. She would love to have the notebook but wasn't able to afford the box set. Well, Cate has done so much for me (and I found out, others as well), without buying this for herself, there was only one thing we could do: HOLY GRAIL. I suggested it to Jason, and he actually had the same idea. And then all of you generously donated your money and time and energy and positivity to this. I can't thank you all enough. And Jason for starting this. And again, pjtradeking for allowing me not to have to go the ebay route!

Jason tells me she is thrilled and humbled and said something like "you fuckers!". HAHA. Love you too, Cate!!! Enjoy!!!
    JasonE wrote:
    Paul David wrote:
    until the cat's out of the bag.

The Cate is out of the bag...

I repeat...

the eagle has landed
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    Paul David wrote:
    Jason just pm'd me to let me know that Cate contacted him CONCERNED that she just received a new Ten Super Deluxe Box Set in the mail without any information. He told her the story. So now I can share how this came about.

Jason E started a thread a while back asking if anyone had an extra Ed Notebook from the Deluxe Box they'd be willing to part with. I inquired with him about who it was for and so forth, and he told me it was for Cate. She would love to have the notebook but wasn't able to afford the box set. Well, Cate has done so much for me (and I found out, others as well), without buying this for herself, there was only one thing we could do: HOLY GRAIL. I suggested it to Jason, and he actually had the same idea. And then all of you generously donated your money and time and energy and positivity to this. I can't thank you all enough. And Jason for starting this. And again, pjtradeking for allowing me not to have to go the ebay route!

Jason tells me she is thrilled and humbled and said something like "you fuckers!". HAHA. Love you too, Cate!!! Enjoy!!!

Unbelievable job Paul... thank you for setting this up!!
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Awesome!! Glad it arrived!!! Enjoy it, Cate!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    mfc2006 wrote:
    What he said but without the supercool Southern Texan Twaing Thing :mrgreen:

Hope you love it Cate and amazing job by Paul, Jason and Scott :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    im sitting here speechless atm. for those of you who know me personally youll know what an accomplishment that is. i am truly humbled by all of you alls generosity. you made me cry you fuckers. :P :lol:

so this morning i go down the PO to get something. i am expecting some CDs, but recently theyve been coming into my mailbox, so i couldnt figure out what was awaiting me at the PO. but whatever it was required my signature.. and that intrigued me more. the woman behind the counter(no she wasnt elderly) dumped this big 'thing' on the counter and i thought WTF!! thats the size of a 12". i dont understand. so i lug this package home, all the while thinking what it could be and who sent it to me and who the hell is scott??? :lol: i seriously did think it was the size of the TEN boxset but dismissed that as being just too ridiculous for words. who would send that to me??? it cost way too much, though i did have my suspicions about if it was the TENset who would be behind it. ;) i got it home and opened it and was literally floored. i said to my daughter that i didnt understand and she said maybe it was sent to me by mistake. and i said well who would make such a mistake???

i fondled it for a bit, and yes reverentially went through the notebook, then fired off an email to the person i thought would be most responsible. what i got back was a vague email asking was there a note? i said no there was no note and asked again if he was behind it. by this stage i was quite anxious and frustrated cause, as i told jasonE, never in my life has someone taken such a initiative with me, so that was freaking me out a little. then came the confession. i was sitting at the bus stop reading jasons explanation and became so overwhelmed by such generosity that i started crying.... and then wouldnt you know it... the bus came. :lol:

i just want to thank everyone for such a grand gesture... especially paul, jason and scott... this means more to me than i could ever possibly express with words.

thank you thank you thank you thank you
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    im sitting here speechless atm. for those of you who know me personally youll know what an accomplishment that is. i am truly humbled by all of you alls generosity. you made me cry you fuckers. :P :lol:

so this morning i go down the PO to get something. i am expecting some CDs, but recently theyve been coming into my mailbox, so i couldnt figure out what was awaiting me at the PO. but whatever it was required my signature.. and that intrigued me more. the woman behind the counter(no she wasnt elderly) dumped this big 'thing' on the counter and i thought WTF!! thats the size of a 12". i dont understand. so i lug this package home, all the while thinking what it could be and who sent it to me and who the hell is scott??? :lol: i seriously did think it was the size of the TEN boxset but dismissed that as being just too ridiculous for words. who would send that to me??? it cost way too much, though i did have my suspicions about if it was the TENset who would be behind it. ;) i got it home and opened it and was literally floored. i said to my daughter that i didnt understand and she said maybe it was sent to me by mistake. and i said well who would make such a mistake???

i fondled it for a bit, and yes reverentially went through the notebook, then fired off an email to the person i thought would be most responsible. what i got back was a vague email asking was there a note? i said no there was no note and asked again if he was behind it. by this stage i was quite anxious and frustrated cause, as i told jasonE, never in my life has someone taken such a initiative with me, so that was freaking me out a little. then came the confession. i was sitting at the bus stop reading jasons explanation and became so overwhelmed by such generosity that i started crying.... and then wouldnt you know it... the bus came. :lol:

i just want to thank everyone for such a grand gesture... especially paul, jason and scott... this means more to me than i could ever possibly express with words.

:D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Yeah, I am new here, but this is one of the coolest threads I have ever read, especially page #1 and page #12...
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    great community,great friends....beautiful

next please.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    That was a very cool thing to do, 10c members rock! 8-) Cate, enjoy :wave:
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    That's a nice bit of news to begin the day. Hope you enjoy it!! :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    so cool it finally arrived!! ENJOY it Cate!!! :D
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Great job Paul!!!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • awesome. :D

Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    great community,great friends....beautiful

next please.. 8-)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I think I'll have a couple beers and watch the unplugged DVD tonight to celebrate the Grail Delivery.

Enjoy!!

Great job Paul!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Enjoy the box set. :D
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264

Congratulations! So glad it came, and so glad it made you happy. What a wonderful 10c family. ENJOY!!!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 wrote:
    What he said but without the supercool Southern Texan Twaing Thing :mrgreen:

Hope you love it Cate and amazing job by Paul, Jason and Scott :D

I am a man without an accent....if anything, I sound like I'm from the northeast a bit since both of my parents are from there. i can't tell you how many times people have asked me "where's your accent?" oh, well. 8-)

CONGRATS again to Cate!!! Enjoy it!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com