Jack Irons Speculation?

2»

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Hmm, if I was Matt Cameron, would I choose:

a. a band who makes a new LP every 3 years or so that will sell about 1/2 million in the US every time
    b. a band that hasn't made a new record since 1996, has no intention of doing so, but might grace us with some old b-sides at some point
    or
    a. a band who usually goes on a couple short tours every year, playing to sold-out arenas around the world
    b. a band who has played a couple of club dates and one festival since 1997

Tough call.

(Having said that, being that my 1st show was 98, I would not mind seeing Jack sit in some time...)
    i'd choose both bands considering pj hardly tours and soundgarden will probably do the same as pearl jam. also soundgarden and pearl jam are both run by the 10c. so this talk of matt leaving pearl jam is idiotic to say the least.

aNiMaL wrote:

Anyhow, I believe we owe Jack Irons so much credit for Pearl Jam it is not even funny. First off, he found Eddie Vedder. Second, I believe that when he did end up drumming for PJ, that he was a HUGE reason why the band stayed together after Vitalogy. Mike kind of eludes to that in SVT. And, I think it is for those reasons that PJ and Jack Irons will always be friends. Hell, they sell Jack's records right here in the Goods section.
    +1
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    Would I love to see Jack back in PJ - abolutely. Will it actually happen....I guess not. To my ears Jack fits better musically and he is a monster player in the studio AND live (not everyone agrees I know but that's just what I think), but reaslitically, it's not likely Matt is jumping back to Soundgarden permanently anytime soon for all of the reasons already stated (even though Soundgarden being a working band again is wonderful in itself).

All respect to Matt drumming with PJ, but I miss Jack on drums, simple as that.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    I appreciate jack's influence on the band, but his live sound was such a bad fit i think i would have gotten bored and lost interest in PJ if he had stayed. Matt Cameron was a very very welcomed sound in 1998, hope he stays.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Jack is welcome back in any way he sees fit. Pearl Jam with Jack was a Pearl Jam I am absolutely keen to see one more time at least.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,761
    meh song