Man fighting for life after sickening blow(caught on camera)

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Holy shit! That's just wrong.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    that really sux :(
    i hope he comes out of it OK
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    About 5 years ago. A former Australian cricketer David Hookes got punched by a bouncer and he fell back, hit his head on the gutter and died.

These drunken idiots just don't know the damage that just one punch can do. Fuck yours and your family, along with the victims and their family.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    a while ago, also, someone i sort of knew, was in a local bar, and hit another guy in the head with a pool cue. the dude died like the next day, brain hemorrhage. dude! bad news. one young man dead, another young man spending his life, or a good portion of it in prison, for one too many drinks.

sad..the things we humans do to one another :(

sure wish the best for this dude.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    That's sickening.

It looks like he was out cold before he hit the ground _ the way his head struck the pavement he must have a skull fracture. He dropped like a rock, the poor guy.

Never even had a second to defend himself.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • woah, that's horrifying.
    i hope he gets out of it OK, and i hope that stupid fool gets caught.
    the damage caused, the lives destroyed by one seemingly harmless punch/elbow to the head
    its awful :(
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    WOW! Poor thing, that's awful! :(
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • agfyagfy Posts: 133
    what a douche nozzle! :evil:
    " I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    pjfan31 wrote:
    About 5 years ago. A former Australian cricketer David Hookes got punched by a bouncer and he fell back, hit his head on the gutter and died.

These drunken idiots just don't know the damage that just one punch can do. Fuck yours and your family, along with the victims and their family.

Similar thing happened to Jaco Pastorius, one of the greatest bass players ever, was drunk and being stupid, a bouncer hit him then repeatedly smashed his head on a curb. He was in a coma for over a week before his parents pulled the plug. In his biography his dad said that Jaco's was heart was beating for three hours after life support was removed and said, "I knew he had rhythm but that's ridiculous."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Just anouther reason to avoid rhe bar scene
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    +1 (why not just have a drink at home, some people act like macho idiots)
    81 wrote:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Loulou wrote:
    +1 (why not just have a drink at home, some people act like macho idiots)
    81 wrote:

I know what you mean. But this ain't macho. This was a cowardly blow....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I will never understand some people. :(
  • Ahhhh where else but in my lovely crime ridden city of Melbourne.
    King Street = the seediest thug infested street in the city, enter at your own peril.
    They released more footage from another angle which was shown on the news tonight.
    The victim surprisingly got up and walked into the ambulance.
    He isn't an angel in this, apparently he was trying to fight the other guy that elbowed him.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,692
    What a sucker punch/elbow. Even if the other guy was trying to start something. Atleast square off and go at it, no need to throw a sucker punch. That was pretty visciuos
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    That's just horrible.

Another example of idiotic behavior that results in a death is a few years back - a restaurant owner tried to break up a fight in his parking lot between two guests at a holiday party (no less) and the man was pushed or struck and fell back and hit his head and was killed.

What a senseless waste.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    oofffff... brutal
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    so he was fighting in the streets and now he is fighting for his life... this guy likes fighting. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    so he was fighting in the streets and now he is fighting for his life... this guy likes fighting. :thumbup:

:lol:

He's a....fighter...
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Sadly this sort of shit happens way too much. It seems to be an almost regular occurrence here in brisso. On time a 15 or 16 year old boy was at a party and was king hit, fell back busted his head on a gutter and died. I don't know why people would go out any more, king hits, glassings, fights with 4 or 5 guys against one. It's bullshit an disgusting. Back in my day if you got in a fight it was you know a couple of swings at each other, fight gets broken up you walk away. Today it's like an ultimate fighting championship, even if you do get not to the ground that ain't the head of it, you get kicked, have your head stomped on and what not. It's fucking unnecessary.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    my wife once gave me a blow that was caught on camera once.... man, was i fighting for life after that one...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    edited January 2011
    Sadly this sort of shit happens way too much. It seems to be an almost regular occurrence here in brisso. On time a 15 or 16 year old boy was at a party and was king hit, fell back busted his head on a gutter and died. I don't know why people would go out any more, king hits, glassings, fights with 4 or 5 guys against one. It's bullshit an disgusting. Back in my day if you got in a fight it was you know a couple of swings at each other, fight gets broken up you walk away. Today it's like an ultimate fighting championship, even if you do get not to the ground that ain't the head of it, you get kicked, have your head stomped on and what not. It's fucking unnecessary.

I don't go out to the city anymore, I live a hermit life now and visit my friends houses here and there.
    Fuck that, I got my nieces and nephew to live for.
    You accidentally bump into someone or just rub past their arm or innocently look at them and you apologies then get put in hospital, not worth it.
    It is only here in Australia that we are like this, I've been out in Europe on the nightscene, none of this crap.
    People there drink and are merry, singing and all, here we drink then kill each other.
    Having nightclubs and stripclubs open till 7am serving alcohol does not help our pig culture.

As for glassings, did you see ACA tonight?
    Females are doing it more than males now it seems.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • dunkman wrote:
    my wife once gave me a blow that was caught on camera once.... man, was i fighting for life after that one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE
    dunkman wrote:

I'll be here all week! ;)
  • dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

I'll be here all week! ;)

Others can LOL and drum roll for you.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    It is only here in Australia that we are like this, I've been out in Europe on the nightscene, none of this crap.
    People there drink and are merry, singing and all, here we drink then kill each other.
    Having nightclubs and stripclubs open till 7am serving alcohol does not help our pig culture.

I try to avoid watching ACA and today tonight, nothing but tabloid journalism at it's lowest form, these shows are not and should not be taken as credible news sources.

And I went out in Vancouver once, it was brutal. I saw one guy getting kicked out of a club by security and he's making a scene and pushing people and stuff, next thing you know a car pulls up and a bunch of guys jump out and start laying into him, jump back in and drive off. But it was the night of the Grey bowl, canadas equivalent to the super bowl.

I have gone out twice just recently for the first time in like 10 years as a mates band is getting some gigs and to me it appears that the bulk of people go out for three reasons, 1. Get totally fucked up. 2. Get a fuck or 3. Get in a fight. This applies to both genders.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • It is only here in Australia that we are like this, I've been out in Europe on the nightscene, none of this crap.

I try to avoid watching ACA and today tonight, nothing but tabloid journalism at it's lowest form, these shows are not and should not be taken as credible news sources.

And I went out in Vancouver once, it was brutal. I saw one guy getting kicked out of a club by security and he's making a scene and pushing people and stuff, next thing you know a car pulls up and a bunch of guys jump out and start laying into him, jump back in and drive off. But it was the night of the Grey bowl, canadas equivalent to the super bowl.

I have gone out twice just recently for the first time in like 10 years as a mates band is getting some gigs and to me it appears that the bulk of people go out for three reasons, 1. Get totally fucked up. 2. Get a fuck or 3. Get in a fight. This applies to both genders.

That's right mate, none of my friends have a good time if they don't get wasted or fuck chicks.
    And the same goes with others of my generation.
    That was the sole purpose of our 2009 Euro trip and to be honest I am always going alone in future.
    We are a feral pig culture.
    Why can't people just fucking be normal and hang out have a few drinks without being pigs!
    And with chicks, they are now one of the boys, no longer does a real lady exist.
    All trash and fucked up, I am living on the wrong planet.

And yes ACA & TT are trash, I just watch it as there is nothing better on.
    I am a 7:30 report fan, real journalism there.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

I don't go out to the city anymore, I live a hermit life now and visit my friends houses here and there.
    Fuck that, I got my nieces and nephew to live for.
    You accidentally bump into someone or just rub past their arm or innocently look at them and you apologies then get put in hospital, not worth it.

our pig culture????
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    The number of glassings is frightening. I remember in the early 2000s some chick in Townsville glassed a guy we kinda knew....he was in a band and was a real dick and tbh had something like this coming for him for a long while....but it was a really strange thing....we'd never heard of anyone doing it before. I remember everyone saying "She what? GLASSED him? What's that!?"

Now it happens every fucking weekend.

I hear and read shit like this and find it very strange that alcohol is legal and marijuana is illegal. Alcohol is a fucking killer in so many ways. Will this brutal behaviour ever stop....or will it just keep escalating forever? This kind of thinking is part of society now. People just can't control themselves. The stamping on heads. Glassings. Sucker punches. Groups bashing one man etc. It's fucking disgusting. I really can't see what they can do to make it ever stop....except stop serving alcohol....which will never happen.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    What I do know and I've been saying this for years....once I have kids, they will ALL be learning a form of self defence/martial arts for a good few years, starting when they are little. You've got to know how to protect yourself these days.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★