why do people SUCK

haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
it's bad enough i have to put up with my brother and his friends partying 4 nights a week and being loud while some of us have to sleep because we WORK 2 jobs and are going to school... but i shouldn't have to worry about my stuff going missing............. like all the cash in my wallet that i left on the coffee table that DISAPPEARED OVER NIGHT when he brought people over to crash.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
that was all my christmas money. :x
live pearl jam is best pearl jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Call him out on it first, boot his ass second
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    That sounds a lot like the situation I had with my brothers, they would stay in their nest while I worked and they always wanted something from me so I left, moved in with a friend.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    81 wrote:
    I agree!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Wait.... so are you missing the coffee table, or the money???
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    From one person dealing with a brother (sort of brother-in-law in my case) living with them to another...I feel for you. But your money is your money and you shoul definitely get to the bottom of it.

I'd definitely do what 81 said. Call him on it, tell him he needs to figure out what happened to the money and retrieve it. He should be just as bothered as you that one of his friends stole from his family.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387

:lol: :shifty:

81 wrote:

I also agree :evil:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I agree it totally sucks, but you were aware that this is a regular thing (your brother bringing people home), you should not be leaving your wallet laying around.

Sorry about that though.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I pretty much live alone now...just JB and I ...but I learned long ago to hide my purse, never keep money in sight.
    That is a temptation no one needs! Even the good turn bad.
    Sorry for this though and also that your brother will feel responsible...perhaps not now but at some point in his life.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    stargirl69 wrote:

:lol: :shifty:

81 wrote:

I also agree :evil:
    I did! He says, "i dont understand how it could happen."
    REALLY?
    You crashed first, and your friends let themselves out.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Call the Cops and FIle a Robbery report.
    Get the names from your brother.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    Invite them all back over and throw down. If that doesn't work, shit on the coats.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    I agree it totally sucks, but you were aware that this is a regular thing (your brother bringing people home), you should not be leaving your wallet laying around.

Sorry about that though.
    Yeah, in that sense it is a bit my fault. I guess.
    My mom said that to me... but on the other hand, that still pisses me off - it's bad enough that she lets my brother do whatever the fuck he wants, and lets his friends and him have control of the house, i thought i might have the one luxury of knowing i wouldn't have to hide my stuff in my OWN HOUSE.

to be honest, most of my brothers friends I love... sometimes i'll even go out with them if i have the time or the energy to stay up, and i know they'd never do anything like steal my stuff or wake me up intentionally...
    but last night he just brought people home from a party and some of them i've never seen before.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    haffajappa wrote:

Sorry about that though.
    My mom said that to me... but on the other hand, that still pisses me off - it's bad enough that she lets my brother do whatever the fuck he wants, and lets his friends and him have control of the house, i thought i might have the one luxury of knowing i wouldn't have to hide my stuff in my OWN HOUSE.

to be honest, most of my brothers friends I love... sometimes i'll even go out with them if i have the time or the energy to stay up, and i know they'd never do anything like steal my stuff or wake me up intentionally...
    but last night he just brought people home from a party and some of them i've never seen before.

Yeah it really doesn't help people saying what you should have done ... hindsight and other people's "I would have done" attitudes don't change what happened.
    It sucks no matter what
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    sounds like it's high time for an ass whippin
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    haffajappa wrote:

Sorry about that though.

That's the problem, if he comes home with people you don't know, anything could happen.

Hell, years ago, my sister threw a party and someone opened the bottom bedroom window and passed a TV set right through the window to someone waiting outside. Another party "guest" took a beer mug and threw it directly into the bathroom mirror.

You just never know what people are going to do. It sucks, but you never know.
  • LostDogs87LostDogs87 Posts: 285
    edited December 2010
    stargirl69 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Sorry about that though.

Yeah it really doesn't help people saying what you should have done ... hindsight and other people's "I would have done" attitudes don't change what happened.
    It sucks no matter what

Why the fuck should you have to hide your stuff in your own house?? it's fucking bullshit. don't let them assholes in your house till you find out who it was. then you have my permission to beat the holy shit out of him/her.
    Post edited by LostDogs87 on
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    FrankieG wrote:
    Call the Cops and FIle a Robbery report.
    Get the names from your brother.

+1. Get the names of the people you know, and call the police. Or, if you're feeling kindly disposed, call the people yourself first and tell them they have until the end of the day today to return the money _ no questions asked _ or at 5 p.m. you're on your way to the local PD with their names in your hand.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    After some "stuff" thats happened to my kids... robbed etc...the cops do nothing to find their belongings or
    to punish those involved even when they know who did it.
    Chalk it up to experience. Keep your valuables out of sight and don't let friends of friends come over,
    that's when trouble happens.
    pandora wrote:
    don't let friends of friends come over,

Unless they are 10C members, is what she meant to add...
    pandora wrote:

yes, definitely, they are cool
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Damn that sucks and i don't know the answer to your question as to why they do!. Hopefully none of your personal info was taken from you wallet also :?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    Damn that sucks and i don't know the answer to your question as to why they do!. Hopefully none of your personal info was taken from you wallet also :?

The answers are fatal.
    pandora wrote:

then i give you all my christmas money ! :thumbup:
    pandora wrote:
    After some "stuff" thats happened to my kids... robbed etc...the cops do nothing to find their belongings or
    to punish those involved even when they know who did it.
    Chalk it up to experience. Keep your valuables out of sight and don't let friends of friends come over,
    therein lies the problem, i have no control over "letting" people come over... my brother has all the control, and my mom lets him have it, against my dad's wishes... which is a whole other topic entirely!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    When i was a teenager this happened to me, i had a houseparty (during the day, was soppossed to be at school), lots of alcohol, my sister came to me that night, half her cd's were gone!, nobody knew nothing, my birthday was like a week later, i ended up giving her all my b-day money to make up for it.

she was pissed, i was embarressed, last house party i ever had.

but those were a bunch of no good drunk 16 year olds.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Shoot first and ask questions later. People have to believe you're serious...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Lizard wrote:

The answers are fatal.

Not play-doh??????
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

The answers are fatal.

Not play-doh??????

Wait, that might be the answer...
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    By any chance... had they been partying at a beachfront bar in Rhode Island?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    By any chance... had they been partying at a beachfront bar in Rhode Island?

What place???

This place???

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/shebangs69/?action=view&current=Marleysjamvid-1.mp4