Anyone Else hate the hype of NYE?

2»

Comments

• I'm kind of excited for a quiet night with my baby boy. It'll be the first non-partying NYE since... I don't know... maybe 1995???
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I just thought you would like to put a face to that sexy voice! What a hottie! :lol::lol::lol:
    http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/kingsmill/
    He does have a good face, a good face for radio!!
    Loulou wrote:
    I wonder if he still bleaches his tips??? I used to like Triple J but it kinda plays alot of strange "dancey" tunes now, it used to be just strange.

yeah im not a fan of doof doof either. they do have some good mashups friday afternoons though. they of course have their little pets but id rather listen to that than commercial radio. and im particularly fond of album of the week. and short fast loud. oh oh and richard kingsmill.... im totally in love with that guys voice. :roll: :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Loulou wrote:
    I hate that firework song though, Katy Perry has the most annoying voice in the world! :D

Oh man does that song have the shittiest first line ... "Have you ever felt like a plastic bag" :wtf: ... yes Katie I have I am the one over your head and tied tightly around your neck ... and if there was room throw your asshole of a husband in there too

Whew that feels better
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    I hate that firework song though, Katy Perry has the most annoying voice in the world! :D

Oh man does that song have the shittiest first line ... "Have you ever felt like a plastic bag" :wtf: ... yes Katie I have I am the one over your head and tied tightly around your neck ... and if there was room throw your asshole of a husband in there too

Whew that feels better

:lol:

Yes, that lyric is pretty stupid.

Yeah, I really don't care about NYE much. I'm not much of a party animal so it's like whatever...
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    amateur hour...we usually have people over or go to someone else's place. this year we're going to a late dinner at a quality restaurant with some friends. looking forward to seeing what this "special" menu is all about.

but you couldn't pay me to be at a bar on nye anymore. it's almost as bad a the night before thanksgiving.
    www.myspace.com
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    libragirl wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    :lol:

Yes, that lyric is pretty stupid.

Yeah, I really don't care about NYE much. I'm not much of a party animal so it's like whatever...

Yeah me too ... I rarely drink and have a high intolearnce for all the "It's NYE ... gotta party types"
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • loadedgun wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Anybody else open this thread just to see what NYE stood for? I did.

Originally, yes. I assumed it was a typo for NYJ. Because I also hate the hype of the jets.
    Brilliant. This has gotta be a nominee for post of the year.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I have worked every NYE since 1997. I manage a hotel downtown and it is always a Shit Show. The 20-something crowd arrives with an attitude, constantly complain, pre drink and get out of hand, go out for a couple of hours and then stagger home.

I hire 4 police officers just to stay in the lobby and be there to help us as we kick guests out.

Our over under for arrests is 8 and Ambulance Visits is 7.

I LOVE New Year's day though.......Football, snack's and sleep.
  • it's always a letdown. the best NYE I've ever had was 5 years ago when I still lived in Buffalo. We went to a dive bar down the street from our place. They had all you could drink Rolling Rock for 10 bucks. We went with a bunch of friends and got shit faced. One of my best friends had sex with one of my girlfriend's best friends on our living room floor, then my girlfriend and I spent the next day having hangover sex all day. Only good New Year's I've ever had.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    It's all about New Year's Day. New Year's Eve = sooooo played.
  • stargirl69 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Whew that feels better

I didn't believe you about "plastic bag" so I went on youtube. Shocking.
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    WaveRyder wrote:
    Dude's right, it is what you make of it.

NYE is the shit for me every year. I drink too much and make out with random women and lately it seems those random women start making out with each other if you ask them to. Yeah, what a bummer. Its no fun at all.

I'd say it is you whiners who are the wankers.

What CITY is this??? haha... :P
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    One of my best friends had sex with one of my girlfriend's best friends on our living room floor

***S K A N K S***.......haha :P
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh come one.. you dont think i already know what kingsmill looks like??? ive known for many years and it makes no difference. 8-)
    Loulou wrote:
    I just thought you would like to put a face to that sexy voice! What a hottie! :lol::lol::lol:
    http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/kingsmill/
    He does have a good face, a good face for radio!!
    Loulou wrote:
    I wonder if he still bleaches his tips??? I used to like Triple J but it kinda plays alot of strange "dancey" tunes now, it used to be just strange.

yeah im not a fan of doof doof either. they do have some good mashups friday afternoons though. they of course have their little pets but id rather listen to that than commercial radio. and im particularly fond of album of the week. and short fast loud. oh oh and richard kingsmill.... im totally in love with that guys voice. :roll: :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I only hate it if I have no plans or nowhere to go.
    Other than that I love drinking up saying f you to the year gone by (if it was a shit one) and wondering about what lies next.
    Love hanging with friends and having a good time.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014