Options

Concert T-shirt wearing etiquette?

13»

Comments

• Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    I'm telling you, it's 7 different pair!! :)
    no way
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

rofl.

i dug that one up last time this thread came around.

was kind've dissapointed they didn't have "the scene" we keep talking about here. also was looking for "Dude. Clinton is on stage NOW. YOU GOTTA LAY OFF THE PIPE MAN!",
    that or, "We're NOT interested in your PENIS!"
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    i wear whatever I want whenever and where ever i want and i don't care if any one has an opinion about it.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    i wore my master of puppets shirt to pj.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I have all you bitches topped....

Rolled with my circa 91 MC Hammer shirt for the MSG show.....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    jonoponojonopono Posts: 80
    I rotate my New Kids on the Block and Tiffany t-shirts for concerts.

I wear my PJ t-shirts when I'm picking up the ladies.

And I wear my Elvis t-shirt when I'm feeling fat.
    Rise. Life is in motion. I'm stuck in line.
    Oh rise. You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i usually dont, but dont see anything wrong with it.

its just not my thang!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    tditz_gbtditz_gb Posts: 16
    I haven't posted here quite a while but I've always found this subject interesting...

The thing with me is, I think the t-shirts people wear for shows are interesting...from funny stuff like the guy mentioned here who wrote "This is Not a Pearl Jam T-shirt" to concert shirts from bands I am into as well. I've not strictly adhered to "The Rule" regarding NOT wearing the T of the band I'm seeing but in most cases I do wear something else, such as a somehow related band. I figure it might serve as an ice breaker in meeting other fans of similar musical taste. I DID recently break "The Rule" and wore a Soul Asylum t-shirt to a Soul Asylum concert but only because it was unique in that I silk screened the design myself, thereby making it a conversation starter..and it was. I agree however that it's more fun to wear a shirt of a band you'd like to promote among PJ fans.
    At last year's Lollapalooza show I wore a Riverdales shirt for two reasons..
    A) it was WHITE and the day was a scorcher and B) The Riverdales are a Chicago punk rock band and obviously I was in Chicago.
    This Friday night I'll be seeing the Supersuckers and have been thinking I might wear a PJ shirt because A) They are a Seattle band as well, and B) Eddie recorded the song Poor Girl with them.
    I know, it's all way to premeditated and lame but what the hell.... lot's of people think the same way. Anyway, that's just my two cents.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    release30 wrote:
    Wear what you want who cares what anyone thinks...

Thread closed!!

lol I concur...as long as its not a Jonas Bros and NSNYC shirt...that would be scary
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    So, does this dumb ass rule apply to sporting events?

I think going to shows is like going to sporting events. You don’t go to your team’s ball field wearing a different team’s jersey do you?

No, you wear your team’s colors to support your team.

So wearing a PJ shrit to a PJ show is showing a sign of support just like you do with your sporting teams.

I mean come on, this is a stupid rule……
    WHITE SOX WHITE SOX GO GO WHITE SOX
  • Options
    I typically make Pearl Jam the exception to the rule, and wear PJ shirts to PJ shows.. I usually wear other band/ music shirts to other shows and never feel too much like a dork.. Well, this weekend, I felt like a dork.

I went to the Brand New Lollapalooza post show at the House of Blues in Chicago on Friday wearing my Motion City Soundtrack t-shirt. My girlfriend was making friends with security and ended up getting us into one of the VIP room on the 2nd balcony.. Just before Brand New took the stage, another guy and girl walked in and joined us. I should have recognized him immediately, but he was wearing a hat, had a shorter hair cut, and had grown a beard.. We got to talking, and he said "I am in a band, and we used to play shows with Brand New." I asked him what band, and he said, "I'm the keyboard player for Motion City Soundtrack." I was like holy shit, you're Jesse!" His girlfriend/fiance, who was sitting beside me, leans over and says to me, "Yeah, you're wearing their shirt"

Talk about feeling like a total dork and complete idiot! Haha.. We all had a good laugh and I ended up talking to him about the Radiohead performance at Lolla that they had attended earlier that night.. About twenty minutes later, Matt (Motion City Soundtrack bass player) and MSC's sound engineer, showed up. I recognized Matt and we talked on and off about music, and Motion City Soundtrack's writing process and what.. I showed him that I was wearing the MCS t-shirt and he said "thanks for supporting us."

Motion City Soundtrack is one of my favorite bands... probably right up there with Pearl Jam and Radiohead. Matt and Jesse were very nice guys to talk to.. To hang out with them in VIP and take in a concert was an amazing experience, and something that I'll never forget..
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    wear whatcha want, when you want, do whatcha want, the humpty dance is your chance to do the hump....hump whatcha want!
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf