Options

It's Almost Time - A Christmas Story

2»

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    PJPixie wrote:
    My sole christmas decoration on my desk at work is a LEG LAMP and nobody gets it :(

I have a night light of the leg lamp :D
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    PJPixie wrote:
    My sole christmas decoration on my desk at work is a LEG LAMP and nobody gets it :(

Awesome!! My parents have a LARGE LEG LAMP that is up in their family room year round :D
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Funny movie that I'm sure I'll watch once on X-mas.

No kidding my family we used to watch Christmas story b4 it got really popular. Amazing how much that movie has caught on in yrs.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    PJPixie wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:

Awesome!! My parents have a LARGE LEG LAMP that is up in their family room year round :D

One of my co-workers, who I ADORE, gave it to me last year for Christmas. I CRACKED THE F*CK UP when I opened it.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    I'll look tonight to torture the wife...she hates the movie

and you married this woman why?
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:

you're surrounded by troglodytes
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:

Not liking A Christmas Story might be acceptable...

if she doesn't like Christmas Vacation... then the question is still valid. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

that's a person with no soul
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

Not liking A Christmas Story might be acceptable...

She likes ELF and Christmas Vacation

She thinks A Christmas Story is "Dumb"

:x
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    I always thought TNT showed the movie every year...I went through my channel guide last night and didn't see it listed ?!?!?!

Here's why :

It's that time of the year again--time for your television guide to be taken over by Christmas-themed shows and movies (with the occasional regular program mixed in). And just like every other year, TBS is running a 24-hour marathon of the 1983 A Christmas Story starting tonight at 8PM. If that’s not your cup of tea, there are plenty of other options for Christmas Eve.

Phew..its on TBS

Ok now my life can continue

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    I used to like this movie a lot, until I couldn't get away from it. TNT/TBS should rotate Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Scrooged each year as the movie that plays all day. Thank God for Netflix!
  • Options
    I used to like this movie a lot, until I couldn't get away from it. TNT/TBS should rotate Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Scrooged each year as the movie that plays all day. Thank God for Netflix!

Speaking of said Netflix...I signed up for a 2 Month Trial

We'll see how she goes....I'd like to eventually just get the streaming but the content is so limited

ELF has become one of my favorites now...I think the only station showing Christmas Vacation I saw was TVLAND

• Options

We'll see how she goes....I'd like to eventually just get the streaming but the content is so limited

ELF has become one of my favorites now...I think the only station showing Christmas Vacation I saw was TVLAND

Eh. I don't really think the content is limited. How are you streaming? I'm using the PS3 - even if people aren't a fan of video games, I don't know why everyone doesn't have one of these. Sticking to Netflix, they just got every season, every episode of SNL. Fucking sweet. No more wishing the days of Comedy Central would bring back watching the good seasons, now I've got 'em all!

And X-mas Vacation is streaming on Netflix.
  • Options

Eh. I don't really think the content is limited. How are you streaming? I'm using the PS3 - even if people aren't a fan of video games, I don't know why everyone doesn't have one of these. Sticking to Netflix, they just got every season, every episode of SNL. Fucking sweet. No more wishing the days of Comedy Central would bring back watching the good seasons, now I've got 'em all!

I'm not streaming yet but have read that the new releases are about 2 months behind the regular Netflix and the connection sometimes is slow ?

I looked at the ROKU box possibly if I do go streaming..I have an Xbox but Microsoft makes you pay $50 a year for their online access :roll:

I have a Blu-Ray player already but it doesn't have the Netflix capability

• Options

I'm not streaming yet but have read that the new releases are about 2 months behind the regular Netflix and the connection sometimes is slow ?

I looked at the ROKU box possibly if I do go streaming..I have an Xbox but Microsoft makes you pay $50 a year for their online access :roll:

I have a Blu-Ray player already but it doesn't have the Netflix capability

Ah. Sucks. Sell the Xbox and get the PS3 - blu ray, free online, wifi, netflix. Boom. Yeah, the online content is bit a behind, but between getting the dvd's in the mail and a ton of shit streaming, I think it's well worth it for $11 a month(9 but 11 with blu ray)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Football? What's a football?

Not sure why, but i've been quoting that line a lot recently :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Daddy is gonna kill Ralphie!

There's actually a band called this. I was on my YouTube channel and for some reason this came up as a suggestion to watch. lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNb1BDIk1XM

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    :corn:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    "Sons of bitches! Bumpuses!"
    I always thought the old man said "Sons of bitches, Papa says!" Just found out today that it was Bumpuses (which makes more sense :lol: ).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD