Amazon pedophilia author arrested

2»

Comments

• the wolf wrote:

and you are probably right,.. 100% so. BUT,... if there is not proof that he has touched a child,... how can he be convicted for writing about it?
    and you can't convict someone for thinking about something they would like to do,.. no matter how fucked up it is.
    i just think we are getting into a really gray area of the law here,... and even though i would love to see this asshat off the streets,... i'm not sure i'm ready for people being arressted and convicted for something they write about in this country.
    I agree with pretty much everything you're saying... seems a very dangerous precedence to set but one that's quite easy to support. Sometimes in cases like this, I like to HOPE that the person involved has done it to prove some kinda point regarding the law and freedom of speech and all that. I'm sure this isn't that case I'm hoping for but you still can't arrest someone for writing something... isn't that what they do in China and Iran?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the wolf wrote:

and you are probably right,.. 100% so. BUT,... if there is not proof that he has touched a child,... how can he be convicted for writing about it?
    and you can't convict someone for thinking about something they would like to do,.. no matter how fucked up it is.
    i just think we are getting into a really gray area of the law here,... and even though i would love to see this asshat off the streets,... i'm not sure i'm ready for people being arressted and convicted for something they write about in this country.
    I agree with pretty much everything you're saying... seems a very dangerous precedence to set but one that's quite easy to support. Sometimes in cases like this, I like to HOPE that the person involved has done it to prove some kinda point regarding the law and freedom of speech and all that. I'm sure this isn't that case I'm hoping for but you still can't arrest someone for writing something... isn't that what they do in China and Iran?

so if this book provides the impetus for someone to act on their paedophilic urges, someone who up to this point has managed to control themselves due to the twin facts of them being repulsed by their thoughts and urges and paedophilia being illegal, thats ok with you?

im certainly not ok with this guy being in society if what he does is think up ways to abuse children and then publishes that. we dont need these insidious people amongst us. paedophilia is vile enough without someone encouraging it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    the wolf wrote:

I agree with both of you. I will add the obligatory what he wrote is fucked up. I would never buy it or support something like it in any way. I do not think someone should be arrested for what they write. It is a very slippery slope. Should we arrest Scott Weiland for writing "Sex Type Thing"?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Quote-Electric _Delta Hey Loulou, come to the USA and run for public office. You have my vote.

:think: :think: :clap: Yes..........Yes, I think I shall! :lol: I just think whether the sick bastard did anything or not really is irrelevant. That shit should never even have crossed his mind long enough to write a book about doing it, let alone thinking of how to let other sick fucks get away with it!
    In other news, Vote 1-Loulou :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Loulou wrote:
    Quote-Electric _Delta Hey Loulou, come to the USA and run for public office. You have my vote.

:think: :think: :clap: Yes..........Yes, I think I shall! :lol: I just think whether the sick bastard did anything or not really is irrelevant. That shit should never even have crossed his mind long enough to write a book about doing it, let alone thinking of how to let other sick fucks get away with it!

Arresting people whether they committed a crime or not....just because something crossed their mind.....mmmmm
    But it didn't 'just cross his mind', he actually wrote a book about doing it! I believe in a free world and your intitled to your opinion, don't get me wrong but to have such indepth thoughts about it, enough to write a whole book about it says alot about this dude's character!
    I can only speak as a mother and say whole heartedly that if some sick fucker raped and bashed my beautiful little baby and said this book gave him the idea of how to get away with it, I sure as hell wouldn't be saying "Oh well, it's not like HE did it, he just wrote about it, let's let him go". NO WAY!! I would be getting that arsehole and smashing his face in with a crowbar.
    rrivers wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Arresting people whether they committed a crime or not....just because something crossed their mind.....mmmmm
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Minority-Report-precogs-thumb-550xauto-44650.jpg?1289667865

damn... where are the precogs when you need them?

lets arrest bret easton ellis and thomas harris while we're at it
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    Minority-Report-precogs-thumb-550xauto-44650.jpg?1289667865

i agree... harris should be arrested for hannibal rising.. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

i agree... harris should be arrested for hannibal rising.. ;)8-)
    :lol::lol: Amen to that!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2

I thought about mentioning Thomas Harris too! Along with Hannibal Rising, he should also be arrested for Hannibal. How can the same person who wrote Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs have written those two books?!!!!
    aaaah at last something everyone can agree on :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

Good call. "Less Than Zero" was a pretty god damned disturbing read. Especially the scene at the party with that underground video tape.

:o :shock: :shock: :shock:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    rrivers wrote:

I thought about mentioning Thomas Harris too! Along with Hannibal Rising, he should also be arrested for Hannibal. How can the same person who wrote Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs have written those two books?!!!!

well imho red dragon is his best book. its in my top 3 on my favelist anyways.

he wrote red dragon for love. he wrote silence of the lambs for love too. hannibal and hannibal rising were a product of pressure. imo.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    Yeah don't arrest this prick just deport him over to EUROPE :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Sick piece of shit!!! :x :evil:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    rrivers wrote:

well imho red dragon is his best book. its in my top 3 on my favelist anyways.

he wrote red dragon for love. he wrote silence of the lambs for love too. hannibal and hannibal rising were a product of pressure. imo.

Yeah it's hard for me to say which one is my favorite because I think both are fantastic. I agree wholeheartedly about pressure for Hannibal and Hannibal Rising.