You have 24 hours to live...

Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
... what would you do?

Hypothetically, if you knew it would be your last day around, how would you spend the last moments here on earth? With whom, where, doing what? Your last meal?

I had 3 clients this week that told me they have terminal cancer, two are not/can't receive treament... Got me thinking.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I would tell my parents that I loved them, and that I was proud to be their daughter. I would tell my children that they made my life worth living, and that I loved them more than I loved life itself, and that I was more proud of them than anything else in my entire life. I would tell a certain someone else that I still thought I was the luckiest girl in the world to have met him, and that he made me happy.

Then I would take my kids to the park, or the beach, I would play with them and my dogs, I would make a meal together, something that we all made and shared together, and just enjoy their company. I would also write a letter to each of my children telling them that they could be anything they want, and reminding them to live life. I would spend every second of that day making them smile so that the last memory they had of me was happiness.

It's a sad subject to think about though, and I hope it never comes to that. And for the record - aside from my parents knowing I am proud to be their daughter, everything else....well, I tell my children every day everything I have said here, and I try to make sure others know it as well. You never know when you'll get hit by a bus, so don't wait to tell someone you love them is my philosophy.
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    It would be sad if I only had one day left to live, because I've always wanted to travel but have never had the money...I would say "travel overseas", but I'd want to say goodbye to everyone.
    I'd probably make a ton of phone calls/send a ton of e-mails/write a bunch of letters to people. Spend the whole day with my husband, go and visit my parents/brother, try to square things away as much as possible, make sure my finances are in order. It would mostly just be talking to people, I think.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    edited December 2010
    I would eat cookie dough that I used to steal while my mom was rolling out cut-out cookies at christmas time.

I would gather all of my favorite people at my favorite place, Devil's Lake, and have an old-school bon fire.
    I would have numerous kegs of Corona and drink out of red solo cups- because I'm classy... Sit and laugh and remember all the great times that I shared with all the wonderful people in my life.

Feel the sand between my toes one last time. Feel the sun on my skin. Taste the rain. Feel the butterflies.

I would smoke a lot and then skydive without a parachute ;)

EDIT- I forgot... I would also fuck John Stamos and hang Chad Kroeger with his black leather pants...
    Post edited by Ms. Wes C.addle on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Hookers and blow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    81 wrote:
    Hookers and blow
    +1 :mrgreen:
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• 81 wrote:
    Hookers and blow
    in which order?
  • Fly (back) to Florence, order a few cups of (heavenly) espresso, smoke my cigarettes and let it all sink in, pass by and that'd be it! Surrounded by who ever wanted to join me on my last day, don't want to pressure anyone. Promised myself that I would die in Florence.

I forgot... I would also fuck John Stamos and hang Chad Kroeger with his black leather pants... and this!

Edit: Last meal would be my mum's meatballs (frikadeller) washed down with a cold Carlsberg.
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I'd give my little girl Dahlia and my husband the biggest snuggles and I would probably take them over to England to see the rest of my family. I would let my dogs have the fillet steak in the fridge and give my cat the Barramundi (that's fish just in case your wondering). Actually, I take that back, my cat's a bastard and he doesn't deserve it! :lol::lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited December 2010
    I would steal a horse and spend my last 24 hours on horseback.. and my family would understand, shit, they'd expect nothing less from me.. they know that horses are in my blood, and I require interaction with them to survive... They'd wave goodbye and wonder where I'd end up by the end of my 24 hours. And then someone would find my body in the woods somewhere, maybe not for years.. just the way i want to go out..hopefully the horse would just go back home.. So in advance.. if your horse comes up missing, I've probably only got 24 hours to live, and I'm sorry. (jk) But I am truly serious about how I'd spend my last hours. Last meal, trail mix, beef jerky, and beer just like when I was young!!
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Hairy Dane wrote:
    Fly (back) to Florence, order a few cups of (heavenly) espresso, smoke my cigarettes and let it all sink in, pass by and that'd be it! Surrounded by who ever wanted to join me on my last day, don't want to pressure anyone. Promised myself that I would die in Florence.

I forgot... I would also fuck John Stamos and hang Chad Kroeger with his black leather pants... and this!Edit: Last meal would be my mum's meatballs (frikadeller) washed down with a cold Carlsberg.

Wait a second- you wanna jump him, too?? You just became my new best friend!
    81 wrote:
    Hookers and blow
    in which order?
    Just pick one and rotate every 30 minutes or so
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    go to the forest, sit under the trees
    have a picnic and write
    smoke a little grass
    enjoy a glass of water of 12
    family and friends
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    have a picnic and write
    smoke a little grass
    family and friends
    Chad- by 'sit under the trees' you mean make love to them, right??? We all know that'd be the case...
  • LMAO@ the making love to the trees comment.. sorry but my name is Tree and that's too coincidentally funny!!!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:
    have a picnic and write
    smoke a little grass
    family and friends
    Chad- by 'sit under the trees' you mean make love to them, right??? We all know that'd be the case...
    um
    putting my manhood inside a tree is probably not a good idea
    i hear squirrels and peacocks live in trees
    im cool with love making with women vs' tall big wood

and yes touch the trees
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rob a bank
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Strap a bomb to my chest and run into a Westboro Baptist Church protest.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    youngster wrote:

well played
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    youngster wrote:

Nice!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'd calmly walk into my boss's office...

Say, "Hey, I have a secret for you...come in close...no, just a bit closer, it's really secret...*deep breath*..FUCK YOU!"

...I'd then steal some toilet paper and leave the scene.

:mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    rob a bank

Could be an exhilarating experience. :think:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    I would tell my parents that I loved them, and that I was proud to be their daughter. I would tell my children that they made my life worth living, and that I loved them more than I loved life itself, and that I was more proud of them than anything else in my entire life. I would tell a certain someone else that I still thought I was the luckiest girl in the world to have met him, and that he made me happy.

Then I would take my kids to the park, or the beach, I would play with them and my dogs, I would make a meal together, something that we all made and shared together, and just enjoy their company. I would also write a letter to each of my children telling them that they could be anything they want, and reminding them to live life. I would spend every second of that day making them smile so that the last memory they had of me was happiness.

It's a sad subject to think about though, and I hope it never comes to that. And for the record - aside from my parents knowing I am proud to be their daughter, everything else....well, I tell my children every day everything I have said here, and I try to make sure others know it as well. You never know when you'll get hit by a bus, so don't wait to tell someone you love them is my philosophy.

you and the OP have awesome avatars.

okay, that is all.

www.myspace.com
  • chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    have a picnic and write
    smoke a little grass
    family and friends
    um
    putting my manhood inside a tree is probably not a good idea
    i hear squirrels and peacocks live in trees
    im cool with love making with women vs' tall big wood

and yes touch the trees
    silly human, Peacocks can't fly.. how would they get in trees? Turkeys can get up high enough to roost, Peacocks however cannot. Even the Peahens are too heavily bodied to roost.Just thought I'd mention that..
    Damn, now look, you done made me go and get all Animal Planet on you all!
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    rob a bank

Could be an exhilarating experience. :think:

It would be a rush I'm sure. :)
  • I would tell my parents that I loved them, and that I was proud to be their daughter. I would tell my children that they made my life worth living, and that I loved them more than I loved life itself, and that I was more proud of them than anything else in my entire life. I would tell a certain someone else that I still thought I was the luckiest girl in the world to have met him, and that he made me happy.

you and the OP have awesome avatars.

okay, that is all.

Thank you. :)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    chadwick wrote:
    have a picnic and write
    smoke a little grass
    family and friends

Remember to use a condom and plenty of lubricant. I've heard they make anti-squirrel scented for just this occasion.
  • LMAO@ the making love to the trees comment.. sorry but my name is Tree and that's too coincidentally funny!!!
    In My Tree must have a whole different meaning to you than the rest of us.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I remember Devils Lake...many happy memories there including a weekend of honeymooning! :D

I would take a walk in the woods...our wetlands preserve not far from my house. My kids and JB would walk with me. We have spent many Mother's Days doing that. I would pick up McDonalds cheeseburgers for all 7 of the doggies and watch them play in the yard. I'd cuddle with JB, soak in the hot tub under the stars with some red wine and be sure I was listening to Eddie's voice when I left this world.

I would try to be brave and not cry too much
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I'd spend it with my hubby, 4 sons, my dogs, my closest friends and my mom. It would be an ordinary day with good meals and time spent just being together. When all of my children are at home together, it is a slice of heaven, except when they argue about something!! :roll:
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Gather my entire family...wife kids, parents sisters, inlaws, some friends

rent the biggest house on the beach somewhere and spend the 24 hours with them until
    its over. Couldn't think of anything better.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."