Options

Phillies sign cliff lee??

The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Holy. Shit.

There is a belief Lee is heading to the Phillies, according to Jack Curry of the YES Network (on Twitter). Meanwhile, Jon Heyman of SI.com says the Phils "look like a very strong candidate to win Lee's services" (Twitter link).

Lee moved closer to a decision tonight, according to ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick. The Phillies entered the bidding for Lee after the winter meetings and have presented the lefty with “a spirited late bid,” Crasnick writes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    See you bitches in October!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    deskilladeskilla Posts: 279
    i thought the yankees was ready to shed 160mill for him? :shock:
  • Options
    I hope this is true. That would be so awesome if the Yankees miss out on him.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    deskilla wrote:
    i thought the yankees was ready to shed 160mill for him? :shock:
    steinbrenners ain't gonna be too happy. but i sure as hell am! :lol:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Just thinking out loud here, but...

Halladay / Lee / Hamels / Oswalt - HOLY CRAP!
    - mike, progscape.com

Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006
    Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    ProgScape wrote:

You would have to go back to Maddux...Glavine...Smoltz...and Avery in 95 for a 4 like that imho...
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,110
    ProgScape wrote:

You would have to go back to Maddux...Glavine...Smoltz...and Avery in
    95 for a 4 like that...

Or this past year with

The freak
    Cain
    Sanchez
    Bumgardner

Not as sexy with thes dudes
    Making little money, but more than capable

Giants pitching would still be better to me. They proved it last year by beating Lee twice and really beating Halladay twice( umpire fucked SF)
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    ProgScape wrote:

You would have to go back to Maddux...Glavine...Smoltz...and Avery in
    95 for a 4 like that...

Or this past year with

The freak
    Cain
    Sanchez
    Bumgardner

Not as sexy with thes dudes
    Making little money, but more than capable

Giants pitching would still be better to me. They proved it last year by beating Lee twice and really beating Halladay twice( umpire fucked SF)

I hope this post was a joke. No one can be that delusional to actually believe that nonsense
  • Options
    Ur kidding right???
    Oswalt blows
    Hamels is year to year
    Halladay and Lee are beasts

Bumgardner has huge upside, not only that he pitched a gem in ws

Lincecum has 2 cy youngs and was stellar in August and postseason

Cain is so underrated and a dart thrower

Sanchez is wild but capable of greatness

And they beat the guys I said they did( there's video to prove it) and are much younger

Oh yea and WS champs.... They were nutz the last month of the season prior to the playoffs
  • Options
    ill stick with my cain.. lincecum....bumgarner... :D
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Ur kidding right???
    Oswalt blows
    Hamels is year to year
    Halladay and Lee are beasts

Bumgardner has huge upside, not only that he pitched a gem in ws

Lincecum has 2 cy youngs and was stellar in August and postseason

Cain is so underrated and a dart thrower

Sanchez is wild but capable of greatness

And they beat the guys I said they did( there's video to prove it) and are much younger

Oh yea and WS champs.... They were nutz the last month of the season prior to the playoffs

the giants have a solid rotation, but they don't compare with what the phils could roll out there if lee signs with them. you must have missed sanchez's start in game 6 of the NLCS. you can't group him with the other pitchers. Bumgarner as well.

you also mentioned that the giants rotation is 'more affordable' and didn't mention the albatross that is barry zito.

oswalt blows is funny too. yeah, he is awful :roll:
  • Options
    Being an East coast guy like I presume you are.... If the Giants pitching staff wore pinstripes, or a B or a P on their caps...... You would hear all day and all night how phenomenal that staff would be. The Giants staff did get praise, but not nearly enough as they deserved.

That staff carried them w/ Wilson to a title. Not only the postseason but all those 1-0, 2-1 games in August and September. I mean their offseason was big in spots, but these pitchers took the mound with a mindset that they could maybe give up 1 or 2 tops if they wanna win. The Phils offense is far superior, and could erase mistakes.

That's all I'm saying, I think the Phils staff would be great with Lee, whose wouldn't!! But there is baseball outside of the Northeast
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,290
    it was a fake account of ken rosenthal
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    screwing the yankees over like this would make my year.

over/under on phils win total will be 132.

:lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Not sure what to make of all this, guess we will find out tomorrow. If I am Cashman, I call tomorrow add a few bucks and say take it or leave it.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not sure what to make of all this, guess we will find out tomorrow. If I am Cashman, I call tomorrow add a few bucks and say take it or leave it.

I still find it hard to believe that lee leaves the yanks money on the table. Should be interesting
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I still find it hard to believe that lee leaves the yanks money on the table. Should be interesting

Yeah, could be games, could be serious. Who knows. I am just about done with it though. Good thing I am in Boston and booked all day the next few days, this shit is getting on my nerves.
  • Options
    Lee seemed baffled when traded to Seattle

He must love cheesesteaks to leave $$ on the table and Philly telling him straight up

HALLADAY is better than u
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,066
    Apparently there was a fake Ken Rosenthal account on twitter, but from I've read the Phillies are in the mix somewhat.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    CROJAM95 wrote:

He must love cheesesteaks to leave $$ on the table and Philly telling him straight up

well who doesn't like cheese steaks...except communists obviously?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:

well who doesn't like cheese steaks...except communists obviously?

This is true, they are tasty
  • Options
    Apparently there was a fake Ken Rosenthal account on twitter, but from I've read the Phillies are in the mix somewhat.

I am sure it is that Meech dude from The Fightins, he did the same shit the other day pretending he was Heyman and saying the Phillies traded for Greinke. Either way, Jack Curry says its legit and I take his word so we will see.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I am sure it is that Meech dude from The Fightins, he did the same shit the other day pretending he was Heyman and saying the Phillies traded for Greinke. Either way, Jack Curry says its legit and I take his word so we will see.

joel sherman as well right? we all know how reliable he is
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I think Sherman said the Yanks don't think they are going to get him. He annoys me.
  • Options
    I'm sure it's true

He would make them great

And Lee's agent could use this to get more money by the other 2 teams involved

Makes sense
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I'm sure it's true

He would make them great

Makes sense

Yeah, it's either he is really interested or he is trying to get more money. The only thing that makes me skeptical is that first it was how much he loved Texas and his teammates, so the Yanks go to 7. Now he loved his time in Philly and wants to go back.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Say what you will about Sherman, but he does his homework. I've never really interacted with him but I've seen in action reporting things and he's pretty good.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    Say what you will about Sherman, but he does his homework. I've never really interacted with him but I've seen in action reporting things and he's pretty good.

Yeah, he just hates Girardi with a passion and it gets on my nerves.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I'm sure it's true

He would make them great

Makes sense

Yeah, it's either he is really interested or he is trying to get more money. The only thing that makes me skeptical is that first it was how much he loved Texas and his teammates, so the Yanks go to 7. Now he loved his time in Philly and wants to go back.

I think they are using the phils and rangers like cheap hookers. But I've been wrong before.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he just hates Girardi with a passion and it gets on my nerves.

He's not the only one I'm sure. It takes some getting used when the media goes from half hour pregame bull sessions with Torre to Girardi's 10 minutes three hours before the game.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022