Internet Dating

2»

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    If you havent commited, i'd have other plans. 5 dates is too soon to be doing a moms birthday party. Drinks with brother is bordee line at this point, but doable.

I think my gf met my folks at thanksgiving which was about two months past the first date and this is only because i twisted her arm. Otherwise she would have sat at home alone.
    I really like this girl, so it's going to happen, but yeah, it feels too soon. The only reason I'm going is because the mom heard about me and really wants to meet me.. I guess I must have made a good impression with this girl.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Have an out. You want i should call with an emergeny. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Have an out. You want i should call with an emergeny. :lol:

Thanks, but it is too late for me. I'm think I'm already whipped. :lol:
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    So.. Exactly one month after meeting this girl (5 dates total) her family wants to meet me!

Her brother wants to buy us drinks tomorrow, and her mom wants me to come to her birthday party on Sunday so she can meet me.. That means I'm going to meet this girls WHOLE family!

I really like this girl and all, but... I'm going to be married off before I get to round second base!!! lol.

Anyone find this odd, or am I just in shock because I've been single for so long? :shock:

How old's the girl? Some families can't wait to get the women married, pregnant, and procreating a family. BE. CAREFUL.
    So.. Exactly one month after meeting this girl (5 dates total) her family wants to meet me!

Her brother wants to buy us drinks tomorrow, and her mom wants me to come to her birthday party on Sunday so she can meet me.. That means I'm going to meet this girls WHOLE family!

I really like this girl and all, but... I'm going to be married off before I get to round second base!!! lol.

Anyone find this odd, or am I just in shock because I've been single for so long? :shock:

How old's the girl? Some families can't wait to get the women married, pregnant, and procreating a family. BE. CAREFUL.
    lol. 29... and her parents are in their 60s, so I don't think there's those types of hurries in the family.
    lol. 29... and her parents are in their 60s, so I don't think there's those types of hurries in the family.

Dude.....she's 29. Now I'm normal, but most people aren't, especially when it comes to social stigmas like this. Run. Run now. 29 and not married? No kids? You don't want to be around when she turns 30. You'll be either married or dead because you haven't married her yet.
    edited December 2010

Dude.....she's 29. Now I'm normal, but most people aren't, especially when it comes to social stigmas like this. Run. Run now. 29 and not married? No kids? You don't want to be around when she turns 30. You'll be either married or dead because you haven't married her yet.
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    You are being faat tracked. Hehe. Think about, she wants to give the parents grand kids before they are to old to have fun. That bio clock is ticking....tick tock tick tock :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ya feelin' me now? And you met through one of those dating sites? You'll thank me later. Trust me, I have a lot of friends that are chicks that are crazy like this.
    I bet there was a time when the brother would've been overprotective and stare the fear of God into her dates, but now that she's an age where she should be married instead of being Aunt "Fill-in-name-here" to all of his kids. He's probably thinking, "You're seeing a guy???!?!! Hallelujah! What's his name? Favorite bar? Oh, it is? We're going for drinks!"

:mrgreen:
  • How old's the girl? Some families can't wait to get the women married, pregnant, and procreating a family. BE. CAREFUL.

Amen JP..plenty of those nutty PJ chics around too

i wouldn't be surprised if shes the type to ask HIM to marry HER
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Amen JP..plenty of those nutty PJ chics around too

i wouldn't be surprised if shes the type to ask HIM to marry HER

Seriously. Not tryin' to scare ya, guy, I'm just that cynical, experienced, and judgmental, to know what I'm talking about.

Hey, if you like her, good on ya, just take over the situation and make her slow down. And if you do the business, wear a condom. Maybe 3.
    I bet there was a time when the brother would've been overprotective and stare the fear of God into her dates, but now that she's an age where she should be married instead of being Aunt "Fill-in-name-here" to all of his kids. He's probably thinking, "You're seeing a guy???!?!! Hallelujah! What's his name? Favorite bar? Oh, it is? We're going for drinks!"

:mrgreen:
    :lol:

I'm just going to keep an open mind about this, but be careful and DOUBLE UP! :lol:
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    81 wrote:
    If you havent commited, i'd have other plans. 5 dates is too soon to be doing a moms birthday party. Drinks with brother is bordee line at this point, but doable.

I think my gf met my folks at thanksgiving which was about two months past the first date and this is only because i twisted her arm. Otherwise she would have sat at home alone.
    I really like this girl, so it's going to happen, but yeah, it feels too soon. The only reason I'm going is because the mom heard about me and really wants to meet me.. I guess I must have made a good impression with this girl.

the mom heard you're her daughter's new boyfriend, I bet. Do you consider yourself her b/f? sounds like they think you are! have you two picked out your China pattern yet or registered at Macy's?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    81 wrote:

the mom heard you're her daughter's new boyfriend, I bet. Do you consider yourself her b/f? sounds like they think you are! have you two picked out your China pattern yet or registered at Macy's?
    I'm going to see this as these people are just really open, but who knows. I like her, but I have no idea what page she's on. I want to be on the same page, but you can't find that page after just a handful of meetings with the person.

You're talking to someone who's pretty much been single for about 31.5 years of their 32 year life. I may just be freaking out by the family ordeal. Maybe it's time for me to just give in and give up the bachelor life. lol.
    iluvcats wrote:

I'm going to see this as these people are just really open, but who knows. I like her, but I have no idea what page she's on. I want to be on the same page, but you can't find that page after just a handful of meetings with the person.

You're talking to someone who's pretty much been single for about 31.5 years of their 32 year life. I may just be freaking out by the family ordeal. Maybe it's time for me to just give in and give up the bachelor life. lol.

Kicking and screaming, son.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I would advise you to buy a used copy of the book I read in 1991 after I had just broke up with my b/f. It's called, "False Love and Other Romantic Illusions." Please don't ask me why I said that. If you read it, you might be better prepared later on when she wants to pick out the China pattern at Macy's.

http://product.half.ebay.com/False-Love ... QprZ881875
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more