edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone ever tried it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ask locked...he has some insight into it :lol:

i've never tried it but good luck :)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I Ended up Married, if that's not a cautionary tale i don't know what is.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I Ended up Married, if that's not a cautionary tale i don't know what is.

+1
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Yes.

It's kind of like blind dating except you get some sense of the person before you meet.

Some are bad, some are good.

I'm actually going out with a girl I met online for the fifth date this weekend, and we've hit it off pretty good so far.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Yes.

It's kind of like blind dating except you get some sense of the person before you meet.

I'm actually going out with a girl I met online for the fifth date this weekend, and we've hit it off pretty good so far.

is she from brazil?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Met my girlfriend online. We've been together for 4 years now.

Worked out pretty smoothly for us. The internet gives you access to a lot of weird people... be careful. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    edited December 2010
    81 wrote:
    Yes.

is she from brazil?
    lol, no. She was definitely hot, but the internet conversations were going nowhere.

This girl is Colombian. :D8-)
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    met my SO online....11 years ago. Dated for 4 years, married 7 years. Though it must have been the kick ass ad I wrote. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    This girl is Columbian. :D8-)

clearly, you are in charge of blow for PJ20 :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    The internet gives you access to a lot of weird people... be careful. :)

Yes, be careful. I'm the second guy the girl I'm seeing went out with from online.. The first guy stalked her after a bad first date, so I'm taking it slow with her. The trust is building, but I don't blame her for being careful in the back of her mind. Four dates into this and I haven't established where she lives yet. We just meet out.
    81 wrote:
    This girl is Columbian. :D8-)

clearly, you are in charge of blow for PJ20 :D
    lol.. actually she's half Colombian and half a load of other stuff. Most importantly, she's a big Sox fan. :D
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Don't they charge on line, and by that, I mean the women?
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Yes.

does she like the same music?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    Yes.

does she like the same music?
    Pretty much. She listens to more classic rock than I do, but she likes Pearl Jam.
  • the thing that always made me laugh was going through profiles and seeing people I know or knew at some point in school or from somewhere else.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Here's a general dating question, but does anyone kiss as a greeting to a date? I definitely mean to close the date with a kiss, early on in the dating.

I understand when its a relationship, people may kiss upon seeing each other, but I could have sworn when I went to give my date a greeting hug for our fourth meeting, she began to pucker up for a kiss.

I mean, I like this girl a lot. I want to be on the same page. I'll kiss her if she's expecting to be kissed right away, but does anyone think that might be odd?
    4th date....hmmm, nothing wrong with a little greeting kiss if the dating is going somewhere

in some places, you would be engaged by now. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    81 wrote:
    4th date....hmmm, nothing wrong with a little greeting kiss if the dating is going somewhere

in some places, you would be engaged by now. :lol:

cook county.
    www.myspace.com
    Speaking of dating, does anyone know of any good comedy clubs in Chicago or west/north 'burbs? Preferably something not too expensive with easy parking.
    woodfield mall, although i'm not sure it would be considered cheap. depends on who is performing and what day of the week

John Heffron is tonights entertainment @ $22 per ticket for the 7pm showing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    woodfield mall, although i'm not sure it would be considered cheap. depends on who is performing and what day of the week

Meh.. A little out of the way for us. I'm in La Grange, she's in Skokie. I found a place downtown called Red Bar Comedy. It's only $10 per ticket, but parking is expensive.

I need to advance this thing to the cheap date stage already, home dinner movie and sexy time. :lol:
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    [/quote]
    home dinner movie and sexy time. :lol:[/quote]
    :D:lol:;)
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    It was one of many popular threads I started... Including the one about men never wanting to be "just friends"'.. Ugh the death null of all hope!
    norm wrote:
    ask locked...he has some insight into it :lol:

i've never tried it but good luck :)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    edited December 2010
    double post
    Post edited by locked on
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    81 wrote:

We ended up going to the loop for the Red Bar Comedy Show. I would highly recommend it! It was only $10 for an hour and a half of three comedians. Very funny. Parking was only $12 across the street.

Short date, but the best yet! :D
    :D

fuckin parking

hmmm, posting about it the night of the date at 10:37. you are doing something wrong. :P or is she in your bathroom getting ready for phase 2 of the master plan
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    :D

fuckin parking

hmmm, posting about it the night of the date at 10:37. you are doing something wrong. :P or is she in your bathroom getting ready for phase 2 of the master plan

It was a short date. The weather was going to shit fast and her aunt wanted her to come over.

She invited me out for her birthday this weekend.. just me and her so far, meeting up with some of her family. :shock:

LikeAnOceans bachelorhood may be about to spin out of control. :lol:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    dcfaithful wrote:

Worked out pretty smoothly for us. The internet gives you access to a lot of weird people... be careful. :)

Shouldn't that be...The World in "General" gives you a lot of Weird people!...lol :P
    So.. Exactly one month after meeting this girl (5 dates total) her family wants to meet me!

Her brother wants to buy us drinks tomorrow, and her mom wants me to come to her birthday party on Sunday so she can meet me.. That means I'm going to meet this girls WHOLE family!

I really like this girl and all, but... I'm going to be married off before I get to round second base!!! lol.

Anyone find this odd, or am I just in shock because I've been single for so long? :shock:
    If you havent commited, i'd have other plans. 5 dates is too soon to be doing a moms birthday party. Drinks with brother is bordee line at this point, but doable.

I think my gf met my folks at thanksgiving which was about two months past the first date and this is only because i twisted her arm. Otherwise she would have sat at home alone.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg