30 years ago...

2»

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    a willingness to stand for a value system regardless of consequence that very few artists today are capable of

never to be forgotten ...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Every one who was old enough knows where they were when they heard, like JFK and MLK.
    Wouldn't have been so bad if he shot Paul. :lol:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    Sportscenter had a report on this today, since MNF and Howard Cosell pretty much let everyone now on national tv what had happened. Pretty interesting they did right at the end of the game too. I was only 6 so I don't remmeber it well (plus was not a Beatles fan, now I kinda am).

Also 6 years ago today another music legend lost his life RIP Dimebag

Dimebag_Darrell_Fans_by_Dimebag_Darrell.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Oldies station here, WDRC-FM 102.9 is playing the last interview at 10:00 tonight.

EDIT: They weren't clear. It might have been 10 this morning.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    mediocre song writer/druggie...enough....lets talk about pearl harbor instead
    Mediocre??? Really??
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • never realized it happened right before Christmas. what a bummer. :(

Cheers to John Lennon!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Wow.. I was alive, but too young to have any memories.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    This is insane.

But to each their own.

I'll never understand remembering Pearl Harbor.. to remember what?, to fix ourselves? Because Japan sure ain't no enemy. People died for us.. but we all die. 9/11 should be remembered, that people killed in the name of religion, a belief, not a fact. no good reason.

Imagine is pretty relevant.. but, life is what you make it.

My opinion.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Also 6 years ago today another music legend lost his life RIP Dimebag

Dimebag_Darrell_Fans_by_Dimebag_Darrell.jpg
    that is weird
    i did not know that
    not cool
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    This is insane.

But to each their own.

I'll never understand remembering Pearl Harbor.. to remember what?, to fix ourselves? Because Japan sure ain't no enemy. People died for us.. but we all die. 9/11 should be remembered, that people killed in the name of religion, a belief, not a fact. no good reason.

Imagine is pretty relevant.. but, life is what you make it.

My opinion.
    pay him no attention
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I was 10 years old when it happened, and I remember it clear as day. I had started taking guitar lessons at the music shop on the corner by my house, inspired largely in part by listening to a lot of Beatles music.

It is a trip to think that I'm the age when he died. I couldn't imagine leaving this world so soon. And it is heartbreaking that we'll never know what he would have done with the rest of his life.

There are only a handful of musicians I miss regularly, him and George Harrison are tops for me on that list.

RIP John, missed always.... ♥
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    We on this board from this point forth should address him as sir John Lennon .....The best songwriter of our time ..................................................................
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    We on this board from this point forth should address him as sir John Lennon .....The best songwriter of our time ..................................................................
    I agree 100% Jose.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    Newch91 wrote:
    I agree 100% Jose.

Hell yeah if anybody deserves the Title it's Him so that is that From Now on he wil be know as Sir John Lennon ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Newch91 wrote:
    I agree 100% Jose.

Hell yeah if anybody deserves the Title it's Him so that is that From Now on he wil be know as Sir John Lennon ..
    Yes and he definitely is the best songwriter of ALL time.