30 years ago...

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    That's my favorite song...

RIP John.... :cry:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Words can't express how sad I am to think that it's been 30 years since he passed away (wasn't even born then). He will never be forgotten.

My favorite of his solo career:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moCf_pghM-U

And this one is another favorite of mine from his solo career:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p27GVSst6Y
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,015
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    The day many of us realized with horror that very bad things can happen to very good people.

But I'd rather not think of his death, I'm much more inspired by the post and the video. Thanks Norm...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • I'm going to central park tomorrow to visit the memorial. Still makes me sad to think about what a senseless murder that was. I leave some flowers for all my fellow ten club mourners.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I always thought it was creepy how they found that photo of both John and his killer in that idiot's house. He had asked to take a photo with John because he was a fan, only hours before he shot him. Bloody fruit cake! :(
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The day many of us realized with horror that very bad things can happen to very good people.

But I'd rather not think of his death, I'm much more inspired by the post and the video. Thanks Norm...

For you Unlost:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwiRndnF6M_suvpOHZtvE8N82SLqWygw3OzmLprSXrBIISMJdx
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    WAR IS OVER!
    IF YOU WANT IT

RIP JOHN.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    i remember that well
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    30 years of music we'll never know... :(
    norm wrote:
    One of my favorite pictures of him.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    john-lennon.jpg
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    So Sad... such a waste... its the 8th here already so its a sad day today :cry:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Bruce played the Spectrum that night, I still remember how devasted I felt how I felt that and just a feeling of sadness toward the human race that some people can be such a crazed animal toward such a peaceful man of the people.
    marcos wrote:
    Bruce played the Spectrum that night, I still remember how devasted I felt how I felt that and just a feeling of sadness toward the human race that some people can be such a crazed animal toward such a peaceful man of the people.
    I have that bootleg. The day after the show and he didn't want to perform but the band convinced him to.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    john-lennon.jpg

Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    f#cking yoko...
    www.myspace.com
  • I was at my one and only WWF wrestling match that my dad took me too that night at MSG...
    Ken Patera Vs. Pedro Morales for the inter-continental belt...
    go back to the car and heard it on WPLJ...
    Never forget it...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I wasn't alive (not born for another 10 years) but as a musician and a music fan, I know my life would be completely different without him. He was taken away from us before his time.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • John Lennon is possibly the only person that gives me the same feeling Eddie does. There will never be another Lennon.... What happened to him was absolutely pointless and one of the saddest parts is that he actually approached Chapman earlier in the day thinking he was a shy fan and took an album from him to autograph it. I can't imagine the horror Yoko went through that night. I think John chased being happy for so long and he finally found his peace and it was sadly short-lived.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Hard to believe its been 30 years. RIP in John.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Imagine..............
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • RIP John.

He is missed.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Strawberry fields forever
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • the MAN!

I am going to Strawberry fields today. One of the more inspiring people......
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    "We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it. "

Miss you John.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    f#cking yoko...
    "Standing right next to him and not a single bullet." DL

RIP John
    #FHP
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    mediocre song writer/druggie...enough....lets talk about pearl harbor instead
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......