Road Rage

2»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    and shrunken balls...that's the worse part
    oh wow, i forgot about the minute testicles.
    that would be a problem.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • So, a little off topic. I take this little short-cut road all the time. It's 25 mph speed limit, and I know it's strictly enforced so I always stay under 30 or so. So one time I'm driving along with all the windows open and Go blasting at nearly top volume on my upgraded stereo system, and notice the cop in someone's driveway waiting to give out tickets. I'm panicking to turn the volume down before I pass by the cop. Figures I'd get some stupid noise violation ticket even though I was (as always) abiding by the stupid speed limit. I got it turned down in time and got away with blasting away the neighborhood. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    So, a little off topic. I take this little short-cut road all the time. It's 25 mph speed limit, and I know it's strictly enforced so I always stay under 30 or so. So one time I'm driving along with all the windows open and Go blasting at nearly top volume on my upgraded stereo system, and notice the cop in someone's driveway waiting to give out tickets. I'm panicking to turn the volume down before I pass by the cop. Figures I'd get some stupid noise violation ticket even though I was (as always) abiding by the stupid speed limit. I got it turned down in time and got away with blasting away the neighborhood. :D

i typically turn it down once i hit residential if i have mine loud. main roads i don't really care

what really pisses me off is when you are doing 25 in a 25 and a douche tries to pass on the left.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    driving during school hours like 9-3 is absolutely horrendous. old people and woman on the road not paying attention or driving like 10 miles under the speed limit.

and this time of year you get the people who at the last minute decide i need to be over there and start trying to get over 2 lanes to make a left or right turn at the last minute or head into a shopping center. is it so hard to know where the hell you are going?

people just don't think - the person in the left lane going 50 mph with someone in the right lane also going 50 so no one can pass needs to be run off the road because they are causing a 5 mile backup because no one can get passed either. drives me crazy. i don't mind you driving slow, but drive in a manner that doesn't f-up everyone else please. it's not this difficult people.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Utah = The land of people driving 10 mph under the speed limit, not signaling, and by far the worst tail-gaters.

:twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,959
    So, a little off topic. I take this little short-cut road all the time. It's 25 mph speed limit, and I know it's strictly enforced so I always stay under 30 or so. So one time I'm driving along with all the windows open and Go blasting at nearly top volume on my upgraded stereo system, and notice the cop in someone's driveway waiting to give out tickets. I'm panicking to turn the volume down before I pass by the cop. Figures I'd get some stupid noise violation ticket even though I was (as always) abiding by the stupid speed limit. I got it turned down in time and got away with blasting away the neighborhood. :D

You live in H-town right? Yeah, you'll get F-ed for anything in that town. That town's got more prick cops than anyone I've ever been in.
    How about when people don't move out of the right lane when you're merging onto the interstate?

That shit makes me want to follow them for some tire slashing. It's even more frustrating when semi's do it. Of all people, THEY should know the courtesy of that.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Oh, I'd like to ammend my stereotype of Utah drivers.

4 way stops are impossible for them to comprehend.

I wish everyone was perfect like me. :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    dcfaithful wrote:
    How about when people don't move out of the right lane when you're merging onto the interstate?

That shit makes me want to follow them for some tire slashing. It's even more frustrating when semi's do it. Of all people, THEY should know the courtesy of that.

that doesn't bother me as much. then again, i'm used to mergining in heavy traffic. i've got a really good knack of opening holes in city traffic. just turn the front corner of the truck in and bam, a hole opens up. :lol:

but most people outside of the urban area's move over.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • So, a little off topic. I take this little short-cut road all the time. It's 25 mph speed limit, and I know it's strictly enforced so I always stay under 30 or so. So one time I'm driving along with all the windows open and Go blasting at nearly top volume on my upgraded stereo system, and notice the cop in someone's driveway waiting to give out tickets. I'm panicking to turn the volume down before I pass by the cop. Figures I'd get some stupid noise violation ticket even though I was (as always) abiding by the stupid speed limit. I got it turned down in time and got away with blasting away the neighborhood. :D

You live in H-town right? Yeah, you'll get F-ed for anything in that town. That town's got more prick cops than anyone I've ever been in.

Yeah, they've got nothing better to do that give tixx for stop signs and arrest kids out after 11. After the Phils won the Series, the H-Town police came out in riot gear. :lol::lol::lol: These teeny-bopper girls posed with them for pictures.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Yeah, they've got nothing better to do that give tixx for stop signs and arrest kids out after 11. After the Phils won the Series, the H-Town police came out in riot gear. :lol::lol::lol: These teeny-bopper girls posed with them for pictures.

Yeah, riot grear, I believe it. They overblow everything, especially how they racially profile any car without a white person in it.

Don't get me wrong, great town to raise a family. Well, if you're caucasian and preferably Irish.
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    The Fixer wrote:
    Ugh, this brake-happy old lady pulled out in front of me on a two-lane road this morning. After slamming on her brakes on a little curvy downhill, she's absolutely shocked that I'm right behind her. Now she's panicking with her four-ways on. Fuck it, I passed her in about a half a second. Some of us have to get to work sweetie.

Pennsylvania drivers are horrendous. Being in sales, I'm on the road a lot. Been all over the country. Maryland drivers are the worst and PA is a close 2nd.

Stay right, pass left...it's not that difficult to comprehend. I don't understand why people in PA have such a difficult time with this concept. If you're going under 80 MPH just stay the fuck out of the left lane. Thank you

EDIT: it also doesn't help that every road in Pennsylvania has only 2 lanes in each direction. Absolutely brutal

PA drivers horrendous? If that's the case, it's only because they moved there from MD. I've been commuting everyday between Baltimore and York for the last 10 years. MD drivers are the ones in the passing lane. And they never, never use their turn signals. Drives me nuts.
    Sidnum wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Ugh, this brake-happy old lady pulled out in front of me on a two-lane road this morning. After slamming on her brakes on a little curvy downhill, she's absolutely shocked that I'm right behind her. Now she's panicking with her four-ways on. Fuck it, I passed her in about a half a second. Some of us have to get to work sweetie.

Pennsylvania drivers are horrendous. Being in sales, I'm on the road a lot. Been all over the country. Maryland drivers are the worst and PA is a close 2nd.

Stay right, pass left...it's not that difficult to comprehend. I don't understand why people in PA have such a difficult time with this concept. If you're going under 80 MPH just stay the fuck out of the left lane. Thank you

EDIT: it also doesn't help that every road in Pennsylvania has only 2 lanes in each direction. Absolutely brutal

PA drivers horrendous? If that's the case, it's only because they moved there from MD. I've been commuting everyday between Baltimore and York for the last 10 years. MD drivers are the ones in the passing lane. And they never, never use their turn signals. Drives me nuts.

Dude, Jersey is the absolute worst. I don't know how they're not mentioned here. I guess I wouldn't expect any less when circles need to be used for everything. Circles. Circles everywhere.
  • Try driving in Rhode Island. That's the worst.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    i just want to make sure we get a bad driver vote in for IL drivers. i had one try and run me off the road in NC. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I remember having a pretty bad experience driving through St. Louis.

But that's all I'd do there. I had a much worse experience stopping there. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Scary ...
    I was passed on a two lane 55mph, in a no passing zone, on a curve,
    with a line of oncoming cars.
    Yikes!
    We all crapped except for the asshole doing the passing...
    what is it with people who just don't care, even about the lives of others,
    let alone their feelings.

I guess some people leave a wake of hurt in their path.
    Try driving in Rhode Island. That's the worst.

i'll second this. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

Hey...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:

i'll second this. :lol:

Dont talk to him, you'll just scare him away again