Droid phone vs. Droid phone

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,019
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
thinking of going this route.

What say you. which droid device wins the battle for my wallet?

Edited for important note. For use on verizon.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    EVO is the best device out today.

It depends on your service provider. But whatever, you do, get a 4G phone. Than again, i don't know where you live, so maybe 3g will suffice.

Sprint
    EVO or Epic, depending on if you want a physical keyboard

Verizon
    Incredible or Droid X or fascinate. all these are 3g, 4g phones are due out sometime next year. i would wait if you are in a big city.

ATT. whatever their galaxy S phone is.

t mobile. i'm not sure what phones they even have.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,019
    Sprint huh? we dont get along.

Have Verizon, so I guess I wait.That is if we consider Columbus,O to be a big city!!! :lol:
    Whats the release estimate on 4g phones? Do you know?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    It appears Columbus is on the 4G list. It's suppose to go live this week for their modems.

Phones are suppose to roll out next year. I would expect late 1st qrt, or early 2nd. I don't have any facts to back this up, but based on what i have read over the last sevearl months, that's my guess.

Unless you want to be stuck on old technology, i would wait and get a 4g phone.

I'm not sure your issue with sprint, but we've been rocking the EVO in our house since July 1st. No issues. But i know how cell stuff can very from location to location.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Sprint in Columbus drops calls left and right. In addition , few years back, I would receive unsolicited texts that I was charged for with no relief from Sprint.

Got hooked in with Verizon when the now exwife and I hooked up. Been happy with the service. Sticking with them.

Waiting is probably best for the old dusty wallet anyway.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i want to say something about these phones, not just Droid, all the new cell phones.
    how the fuck is someone suppose to type?
    nice fucking small ass keypad assholes.

i asked some friends the other day, "may i have your phones for a minute, i wanna see if i can use these things" i can not type comfortably on any of the phones.

so fucking tiny.
    i have large hands and can not use the keypad without fucking up over & over again.
    i surely am not the only one am i?

FUCK YOU TINY ASS PHONES.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited December 2010
    chadwick wrote:
    i want to say something about these phones, not just Droid, all the new cell phones.
    how the fuck is someone suppose to type?
    nice fucking small ass keypad assholes.

i asked some friends the other day, "may i have your phones for a minute, i wanna see if i can use these things" i can not type comfortably on any of the phones.

so fucking tiny.
    i have large hands and can not use the keypad without fucking up over & over again.
    i surely am not the only one am i?

FUCK YOU TINY ASS PHONES.

not sure what phone you borrowed, but go to the store and try out an evo. turn it sideways, they keyboard gets much bigger.

and after a month of use, you become used to it and yoru fuck ups go away.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Sprint in Columbus drops calls left and right. In addition , few years back, I would receive unsolicited texts that I was charged for with no relief from Sprint.

Got hooked in with Verizon when the now exwife and I hooked up. Been happy with the service. Sticking with them.

Waiting is probably best for the old dusty wallet anyway.

sucks about yoru sprint.

i've never had a single call drop, and with the new pricing, all texts are free. the only limit we have on usage is 450 minutes per month to land lines during day time hours.

4G is cool. we have dumped our home internet and now only access the internet via phone. Either on the phone, or connecting the phone to the computer and using the phone as a modem. works great if all you do is light internet. if you are gamer, streamer of movies, or heavy downloader, this may not work great for you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

yes yoru fuckups have really gone away ;):lol:

verizon + droid = :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

ha, and that post was a standard issue computer keyboard. :lol:

any hi end android is a good phone. it just depends on if you want to buy yesterday's tech or wait a few months and get all the bells and whistles.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

ha, and that post was a standard issue computer keyboard. :lol:

any hi end android is a good phone. it just depends on if you want to buy yesterday's tech or wait a few months and get all the bells and whistles.
    I get your point, but about those bells and whistles? Do the new phones have cowbell? We can all use more cowbell.

*cue Norm and a youtube vid*

you can make your ringtone a cowbell if you would like, and your text message a whistle.

combine the two sounds for email if you heart desires.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    and also as an FYI

Droid = Brand of phone, ie Droid Incredible, Droid X, Droid 2

Android = phone operating system.

;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    you can make your ringtone a cowbell if you would like, and your text message a whistle.

combine the two sounds for email if you heart desires.
    to ask a Jeagler type question. "Whats a ringtone?" :mrgreen:

just digging. it sounds like late q2 before you see a 4g phone on verizon.

obviously, it's up to you, but i personally would wait. 3g isn't terrible to use, but 4g is pretty darn cool. it was the final nail in my phone upgrade decision.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    just digging. it sounds like late q2 before you see a 4g phone on verizon.

obviously, it's up to you, but i personally would wait. 3g isn't terrible to use, but 4g is pretty darn cool. it was the final nail in my phone upgrade decision.
    hmm, late spring early summer before the rollout? may pull the trigger anyway. they're going cheap enough right now to do it. Verizon site also has certified preowned available.

So the question still stands.
    Droid
    Droid 2
    Droid X
    or the other android capable phones?

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I have the X, and I love it...Works just great for me both with online use and text/phone useage....I may not use as much for the online as most, but when I do it works great for a me...A guy I work with got the incredible, and wishes he had gotten an X.....Good Luck!! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    I have the X, and I love it...Works just great for me both with online use and text/phone useage....I may not use as much for the online as most, but when I do it works great for a me...A guy I work with got the incredible, and wishes he had gotten an X.....Good Luck!! :-)
    hows the touch qwerty working out for you?

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:

you get used to it...i originally bought the droid because i wanted to have the physical keyboard...i used it all of about 16 times

go to the store and try out the x if you haven't already...i think it's your best bet
    mickeyrat wrote:

You know, I thought I would hate it, but got use to it rather quickly and kind of dig it now. I mostly use the talk to text anyway, but when I do use the touch screen, it works fine...I would say it is prob 80% talk to text and 20% typing for me....That said, I have to turn it sideways for the touch screen as it is a bit small using it the other way..

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    go to the store and try out the incredible, X and fascinate and pick the one you like the best.

you also have the blackberry styled droid pro.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Thanks 81. You make too much sense. Since I'm a tad on the lazy side , I was hoping to glean some insight from my fellow PJ freaks.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd GO!!!!!

mickeyrat wrote:

EVO /thread :mrgreen:

serious, go play with them. they are generally going to be the same, expect for the skin that each manufacture puts on.

that said, HTC seems to get hte best reviews from a user interface.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

serious, go play with them. they are generally going to be the same, expect for the skin that each manufacture puts on.

that said, THC seems to get hte best reviews from a user interface.

fixed
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

that said, THC seems to get hte best reviews from a user interface.

fixed
    funny guy Chad. hehehehe. you couldnt fix the 81 version of the = hte?

actually, since you are lazy and can't think about what you want in a cell phone, i suggest you get an iphone. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    actually, since you are lazy and can't think about what you want in a cell phone, i suggest you get an iphone. :P
    HA!!! leaning toward the 2 or the X. 2 is cheaper (at least right now) by about $50. plus it's BOGO. OTOTO will I do this!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    HA!!! leaning toward the 2 or the X. 2 is cheaper (at least right now) by about $50. plus it's BOGO. OTOTO will I do this!!

I thought all droids were BOGO right now?

mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

I thought all droids were BOGO right now?

pretty much.

Sams club had one last week or the week before for 99 cents with a two year contract.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    it looked like they were. several smartphones were.

best buy has also been running a special promotion on friday's.

they are all trying to push all that obsolete tech out the door. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg