Jayson Werth A NATIONAL

2»

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    but the other numbers flying around out there from the Phils and the Sox weren't paltry figures, certainly enough to be considered big money.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    :oops: Yeah, but this time I really believe in a big season from him! At least he's better than Hideki Irabu and Kei Igawa.

That he is. I don't try and defend these contracts though. I love the way the Yankees spend even though they often overspend.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    but the other numbers flying around out there from the Phils and the Sox weren't paltry figures, certainly enough to be considered big money.

The Phillies offered 3 years with a 4th option. That is less than half of what Washington offered.
  • I don't hate Jayson, but it sure does put a sour taste in one's mouth when it is so obviously only about money and not one bit about the game and winning.

I guess I got over this "all they care about is money" thing a long time ago. Either way they go to "work" to play a ball game, and they're probably not playing for their favorite childhood team anyway, so they just go to the highest bidder. If a bunch of companies in my field had a bidding war for me (haha), I wouldn't have any loyalty to my company, whatsoever.

Plus now he can book vacations in October. :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    cameron and varitek should be included as well

just busting your balls FF
    :lol::lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    that's classic. Now getting forwarded to all of my college buddies from the beltway.

the mcnabb pic is the best

Thanks. I knew the Caps had somebody but I had to look up their roster to remember who. That's "kuh-noo-ble" for the non-hockey fans.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16