7yr 126mill WOW,LOSER

Loser?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    7yr 126mill WOW,LOSER

gonna be weird with him in the same division
    www.myspace.com
  • That's a lot of cheese

He hired the right agent and maxed out his money...can't blame the guy

Just hope he's happy winning 70 games a year..well the plus side when the Phils play there he'll feel like he's back in Philly

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    That's a lot of cheese

He hired the right agent and maxed out his money...can't blame the guy

Just hope he's happy winning 70 games a year..well the plus side when the Phils play there he'll feel like he's back in Philly

:lol:

:D:lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 7yr 126mill WOW,LOSER

I'm pretty sure I would call him a winner with that contract.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    7yr 126mill WOW,LOSER

Wow, can I be a loser too?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • 7yr 126mill WOW,LOSER

I'm pretty sure I would call him a winner with that contract.
    I meant it's sad that winning means nothing to these guys anymore. I mean come on alot of quality teams were willing to give him 14-17mill a yr. Going to Wash imo shows how little winning means.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    It's all about the money. Don't kid yourself.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It's all about the money. Don't kid yourself.

For an average guy like that he'll yea
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Congrats J-Dub. Thanks for the memories. I'm sure 90% of people would've take the cash.

Not sure how much fun it'll be to play in front of 10,000 against the Marlins on a Tuesday night in August, but I think he'll be able to cope.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    You never know in 5 years The Nationals could be the team to beat.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• WASHINGTON SLOPPY SECONDS

Knuble_Capitals.jpg

amd_redskins_donovan_mcnabb.jpg

jayson-werth.jpg
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    whos the first guy?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Brony wrote:
    whos the first guy?

i was wondering the same thing. not a hockey guy :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Brony wrote:
    whos the first guy?

i was wondering the same thing. not a hockey guy :mrgreen:

38-year old Mike Knuble.

• Thank you God he didn't sign this contract with the Sox. Then again, the Sox aren't stupid enough to sign someone like Jason Werth to that contract.

The Phillies are better off in the long run without Werth.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Thank you God he didn't sign this contract with the Sox. Then again, the Sox aren't stupid enough to sign someone like Jason Werth to that contract.

Yep, the Red Sox would never overpay anybody! John Lackey, anyone????
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    7yr 126mill WOW,LOSER

I don't get the hate for werth. he got paid, what's wrong with that? sure the contract is absurd for the nats, but I have no anymosity towards the guy. He was great for the phils and I wish him the best in DC (except when he plays the phils).

If I were him I would have taken the money too. anyone that claims otherwise is full of shit
    WASHINGTON SLOPPY SECONDS

Knuble_Capitals.jpg

amd_redskins_donovan_mcnabb.jpg

jayson-werth.jpg

that's classic. Now getting forwarded to all of my college buddies from the beltway.

the mcnabb pic is the best

The reason they did that was because the Yankees overpaid for Burnett and we needed pitching. Lackey was demanding the same ridiculous contract the Burnett got. Also, 82/5 is different from 130/7. And finally, we all know pitching wins.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Thank you God he didn't sign this contract with the Sox. Then again, the Sox aren't stupid enough to sign someone like Jason Werth to that contract.

don't forget JD Drew and his 100 games played every year
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    The Fixer wrote:
    7yr 126mill WOW,LOSER

I don't get the hate for werth. he got paid, what's wrong with that? sure the contract is absurd for the nats, but I have no anymosity towards the guy. He was great for the phils and I wish him the best in DC (except when he plays the phils).

If I were him I would have taken the money too. anyone that claims otherwise is full of shit

I don't hate Jayson, but it sure does put a sour taste in one's mouth when it is so obviously only about money and not one bit about the game and winning.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Thank you God he didn't sign this contract with the Sox. Then again, the Sox aren't stupid enough to sign someone like Jason Werth to that contract.

Hey! As Theo says, "We've crunched the numbers and JD is worth just a tick above what we're paying him." That's the company line and I'm sticking to it. Also, we only have JD for one more season. He did hit a grand slam in the playoffs in 07. We probably wouldn't have won the title without him. Plus, the Werth contract makes JD look like he's working for the league minimum.
    The Fixer wrote:

See Dice-K
    The Fixer wrote:
    7yr 126mill WOW,LOSER

I don't hate Jayson, but it sure does put a sour taste in one's mouth when it is so obviously only about money and not one bit about the game and winning.

he already got his ring...he is 32 years old and he hadn't gotten the big payday yet. I don't see the issue with him taking the money. Any of us would have done the same thing
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    See Dice-K
    Oh my goodness, do I have to defend every sox contract today to you people? After the posting fee, which never counted against the luxury tax, we paid him about $50mil for 6 seasons. The red sox have made up all that money and then some from Japanese tv revenue and merchandising. He's won big playoff games in both the World Series and LCS. And he will have a big 2011.
    edited December 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    See Dice-K
    Oh my goodness, do I have to defend every sox contract today to you people? After the posting fee, which never counted against the luxury tax, we paid him about $50mil for 6 seasons. The red sox have made up all that money and then some from Japanese tv revenue and merchandising. He's won big playoff games in both the World Series and LCS. And he will have a big 2011.

Yes, the posting fee of over $50 MILLION! Who cares if it does not go towards the luxury tax, the Dice K investment is over $100 milion.

Didn't you also say he would have a big 2010? Edit: I think I remember someone saying it, not sure if it was you.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    cameron and varitek should be included as well

just busting your balls FF
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    See Dice-K

Yes, the posting fee of over $50 MILLION! Who cares if it does not go towards the luxury tax, the Dice K investment is over $100 milion.

Didn't you also say he would have a big 2010?
    :oops: Yeah, but this time I really believe in a big season from him! At least he's better than Hideki Irabu and Kei Igawa.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    cameron and varitek should be included as well

just busting your balls FF
    Cameron yes, Varitek no. Cappy has been the Fn greatest for us. We certainly would not have 2 titles without him. I won't defend the Cameron contract. Can't do it. But talk shit about Tek and we got issues, Fixer. Haha