True Grit

2»

Comments

• rrivers wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    The film was cool. I loved the dialogue. Some very funny things said that if you did not pay close attention you missed.

I thought the acting and hte script were great. the Cinamatography had some nice moments too, but overall i would not call it a great film. It was a good film though.

I feel the same way. Enjoyed it a lot, but it was missing something to make it great.
    aliens?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH7KZD5vGBY
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    rrivers wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    The film was cool. I loved the dialogue. Some very funny things said that if you did not pay close attention you missed.

I thought the acting and hte script were great. the Cinamatography had some nice moments too, but overall i would not call it a great film. It was a good film though.

I feel the same way. Enjoyed it a lot, but it was missing something to make it great.
    aliens?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH7KZD5vGBY

Needed a little more vagina rubbing.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Just saw this movie and it was fantastic!!! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I just got home from seeing this film...and it was fantastic!! An absolute gem. The acting was superb, especially by Jeff Bridges and that Hailee Steinfeld. Wow, are we going to be seeing a lot of her in the coming years.

I thought that just about everything about this film was great. Will watch it again when it comes out on DVD.

Two thumbs up!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    Saw this last night. I enjoyed it, but I actually liked the original one (from "69 with John Wayne) a little better. Jeff Bridges was great and so was the kid. Matt Damon was ok, almost couldn't recognize him in some scenes. Josh Brolin I liek but he only had like 5 lines in this movie. The movie mainly stuck to the one about 40 years ago or so, a few odds and ends that were not in that one also. I liked the ending more in the original than this one also.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The original is way better.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    never saw the original, saw the new one last night. It was ok, I kind of expected alittle more action, but overall it was good. the old west was one tough place to live in
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    never saw the original, saw the new one last night. It was ok, I kind of expected alittle more action, but overall it was good. the old west was one tough place to live in

It was more than okay. It was a character driven piece, which id you know anything about 'the west' is what it was all about. It was never about the action, but about those willing to act. And thats what true grit was about... It was about a daughter qilling to a bring her fathers killer to justice. It was about a daughter wanting to do what she saw as right.. Be that dealing with a horse trader or , as i said, brinfing her fathers killer to justice.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    John Wayne was a racist and shitty actor.

Jeff Bridges owns him.

Jeff Bridges owns him.
    /
    Bwahahahahaha :lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Jeff Bridges owns him.
    /
    Well the acting in my opinion sucked. I could never sit still through one of his movies.. And the guy truly believed that native americans were savages. He was involved in programs that took children away from their native American parents and forced them to become Americanized. During the Vietnam war he made many racists remarks about the Vietnamese...

John Wayne would not be a person I'd shake hands with, lets put it that way. Everything was black and white for him. I'd never tolerate the prick.

Jeff Bridges owns him.
    /
    Well the acting in my opinion sucked. I could never sit still through one of his movies.. And the guy truly believed that native americans were savages. He was involved in programs that took children away from their native American parents and forced them to become Americanized. During the Vietnam war he made many racists remarks about the Vietnamese...

John Wayne would not be a person I'd shake hands with, lets put it that way. Everything was black and white for him. I'd never tolerate the prick.
    Mustve made for interesting dinner times... What with wayne being a racist AND being married to atino women.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Mustve made for interesting dinner times... What with wayne being a racist AND being married to atino women.
    Facts being, I didn't like the words that came out of the guys mouth. He's not someone I'd enjoy being around.
  • Hey guys, went to see it today, i did enjoy it, was pretty good!

Not as good as the original but i did enjoy all of the acting, even though it was a little slow! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Just saw this film... absolutely loved it... beautifully made and acted :oops: it's already a classic in my mind but I've never seen the original.

On a side note, it's really nice to see Barry Pepper in a role with more 'grit' (pardon the pun) as he's one of my favourite actors.

Hailee Steinfield is just ridiculously cute!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you