Looking for a new to me movie.

2»

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I also recently watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World and thought it was pretty damn awesome. Very cool production and integration of video game and comic references.

Worst film of the year for me.

Mar Adentro looks interesting, i'll check that out.[/quote]

Wow, just wow[/quote]

What has you in awe my friend?[/quote]

i was just being sensitive really,here's the thing, i've read some of your post on a moving train, so i know your smart, i see your avatar and i know your young,so how does Scott Pilgrim not resonate? Didn't you grow up playing video games? or go through that time in your early 20's? i'm 36 i would exspect this reaction from someone older than me, but not younger.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

Wow, just wow

What has you in awe my friend?[/quote]

i was just being sensitive really,here's the thing, i've read some of your post on a moving train, so i know your smart, i see your avatar and i know your young,so how does Scott Pilgrim not resonate? Didn't you grow up playing video games? or go through that time in your early 20's? i'm 36 i would exspect this reaction from someone older than me, but not younger.[/quote]

that is chadwick in his avatar.

shame on you for insinuating
    www.myspace.com
    i understood Chadwick is very hairy, afro and beard, Bob Ross ish in his appearance.

bob_rossnodanger.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    i understood Chadwick is very hairy, afro and beard, Bob Ross ish in his appearance.

bob_rossnodanger.jpg

no. he's the kid with the weird expression in that girl's avatar.
    www.myspace.com
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    At Close Range

1986- GREAT movie featuring some of Sean Penn's best work in my opinion. Also showcases a stellar performance from Christopher Walken as well. A very underrated film in my eyes

more stellar than his performance in fatboy slims weapon of choice video? :think: 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Don't tell me, this is gona keep me up all night.
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    At Close Range

1986- GREAT movie featuring some of Sean Penn's best work in my opinion. Also showcases a stellar performance from Christopher Walken as well. A very underrated film in my eyes

more stellar than his performance in fatboy slims weapon of choice video? :think: 8-)

NOTHING tops that. I love that video. I never knew the guy was such a talented dancer ;)

• Wow, just wow

What has you in awe my friend?

i was just being sensitive really,here's the thing, i've read some of your post on a moving train, so i know your smart, i see your avatar and i know your young,so how does Scott Pilgrim not resonate? Didn't you grow up playing video games? or go through that time in your early 20's? i'm 36 i would exspect this reaction from someone older than me, but not younger.

I grew up playing video games (Still do) but it just felt like a 2 hour round of street fighter y'know? Can't stand Michael Cera to be honest so that doesn't help. A couple of good gags in it and some great refernces but the film felt thats all it was and all it was trying to be. I saw it with a friend and he hated it as well which is suprising because that guy likes EVERYTHING. His favourite phrase is 'I enjoyed that' :lol:

Definately a small cult hit, gonna be loved and hated in equal measures. Maybe if I watched it again I may warm to it.
    i surf this other website called Aint it cool news.com, i don't even try to defend Micheal Cera over there, that kid is Hated!!! i don't know, he doesn't bother me, i don't see him winning an Oscar or anything anytime soon.

i do have to recommend to everybody another Micheal Cera movie, well it's not really his movie it's Charlene Yi i think her name is ,called Paper Heart , about a young girl who doesn't believe in love, sort of shot Documenteryish (that can't be a word), anyway it's got twists and turns throughout it, fun ride, make sure to watch the credits at the end.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Raging Bull

RagingBull.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    Raging Bull

RagingBull.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Raging Bull

RagingBull.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

One of Scorcese's best, IMO. A truly excellent film.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    My avatar is from this movie:

taxi-driver-poster.jpg

Look at how bad ass Robert De Niro looks!

taxi10.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Taxi Driver or Raging Bull?
    Taxi Driver or Raging Bull?

Are you asking my preference? If so, Raging Bull.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    Taxi Driver or Raging Bull?

Are you asking my preference? If so, Raging Bull.

Yeah I was. I would say Taxi Driver to be honest BUT i've only seen Raging Bull once. I have a month off coming up so i'm gonna watch both of them again.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Hmm...you should list what you've seen so we don't say them! :lol:

American History X

Last of the Mohicans

12 Angry Men

Witness for the Prosecution
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • toy story 3. best movie of the year hands down. if oscars were fair they would give the best pic award to this movie.
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Withnail & I - British comedy from the mid-eighties. My favorite comedy ever.
    Wonderboys - Best movie Michael Douglas has ever done.
    Narc - Intense.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    This is easy - "A Prophet". Just saw this a couple weeks ago and it's easily crept into my top 10.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    chris_5_gleaming_main.jpg
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • This is easy - "A Prophet". Just saw this a couple weeks ago and it's easily crept into my top 10.

High on my 'to watch list' and has been since its release.
    toy story 3. best movie of the year hands down. if oscars were fair they would give the best pic award to this movie.

Great film to end a great trilogy.

Best film of the year? Doubt it. A lot of competition for that. Toy Story 3 has great sentiment value but not enough 'artistic quality' compared to other releases this year. Oscar winner? Maybe.
  • TB87511 wrote:
    Have you seen Slingblade? Its an oldie but a goodie. How about Boondock Saints?

MMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM..........
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    A movie that not a lot of people saw that's pretty good is The Edge. Anthony Hopkins, Alec Baldwin, beautiful sights in Alaska and one HUGE bear...
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    toy story 3. best movie of the year hands down. if oscars were fair they would give the best pic award to this movie.

Best film of the year? Doubt it. A lot of competition for that. Toy Story 3 has great sentiment value but not enough 'artistic quality' compared to other releases this year. Oscar winner? Maybe.

toy story 3 was great. but my personal pick for the year is the social network... closely followed by animal kingdom. i thought the social network was superb. im not even on facebook and i loved it.. perhaps thats why i did love it. :think:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • toy story 3. best movie of the year hands down. if oscars were fair they would give the best pic award to this movie.

toy story 3 was great. but my personal pick for the year is the social network... closely followed by animal kingdom. i thought the social network was superb. im not even on facebook and i loved it.. perhaps thats why i did love it. :think:

I though the social network was great too. If I was to put money on the winner for the oscars I would chose this. Very tough film to pull off and Trent Reznor's soundtrack is top notch.
  • Short Cuts
    The Limey
    Sexy Beast
    Two Days In The Valley
    The Sweet Herefter
    Nice shirt.
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    I also recently watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World and thought it was pretty damn awesome. Very cool production and integration of video game and comic references.

Ha, Scott Pilgrim. Fun fact: the graphic novels have made their way onto at least one university syllabus.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • MK1980MK1980 Posts: 291
    Some of my favourites -

Night watch/Day Watch
    La haine
    12 Monkeys
    dazed & confused
    the big lebowski
    a simple plan
    best laid plans
    the wedding banquet
    the ice storm
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014