Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES AUSTRALIAN SOLO TOUR

1565758596062»

Comments

• Options
    Tix just gone on sale for Canberra...............Ticketek 8 rows from front.
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    1 more sleep till Melbourne :D
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    vital5 wrote:
    E.K wrote:

I just registered at a ticketing site called http://www.ticketman.com.au where you can sell and buy tickets.

I saw two tickets for Sydney on Sunday night for $220 each on Row N. :x

wow, Usher for $400 - OMG indeed
    Wow OMG i'm on it...!

What's Usher?
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    E.K wrote:
    What's Usher?

they were the people who helped you find your seat at the brisbane EV concert.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    What's Usher?

Oh I see. I saw them at the Newcastle and Sydney show I went to too. They're an uptight bunch and bit nosey. Not sure why someone would want to pay $400 for one of them ...
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    What's Usher?

Oh I see. I saw them at the Newcastle and Sydney show I went to too. They're an uptight bunch and bit nosey. Not sure why someone would want to pay $400 for one of them ...

i think it's a good idea, sometimes i come home and forget where my spot is on the couch, so an usher would be able to seat me quickly and effectively in my spot.

plus late at night when i need to get up to pee, they can guide me to the wizz palace with their little torch.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    i think it's a good idea, sometimes i come home and forget where my spot is on the couch, so an usher would be able to seat me quickly and effectively in my spot.

plus late at night when i need to get up to pee, they can guide me to the wizz palace with their little torch.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Very good idea fishie(we haven't actually met I don't think so hope you don't mind me calling you that ;) ). + they can help when you get up in the morning & are a bit dopey like I feel right now. 1st morning up on 1st day back to work. :cry::cry::cry:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    No Coder wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Last night I decided to look at the dates of the EV shows and I went to the news section
    And Im positive it had 3 dates for Brisbane 10th 11th 12th anyway this morning I went and checked again
    and it was just showing 2 dates 10th and 12th..
    But arent the Brissy dates the 10th 12th and 13th.......anyway there are only 2 listed for Bris..
    How did Brisbane come to get 3 dates and Melb just 2???
    Just wondering..... :)

Because Brisbane rocks!!.. I must admit, I was suprised myself when I saw Melbourne only had 2 shows. Maybe demand wasn't there, which would also be suprising.

Doubt it. Am wondering what the seating capacity is for the Palais, as compared with the other venues (Brissie, Sydney). Maybe it's a bigger venue and they didnt need another concert because they could fit enough people in the two nights? Maybe Ed will play longer setlists just for us Melbournites cheated out of a third show. One can always hope......
  • Options
    Hawk JamHawk Jam Melbourne, Australia Posts: 121
    Just under 3,000 capacity I believe
    Stalls - 1576
    Lounge - 504
    Dress Circle - 816
    Total Capacity - 2896
  • Options
    pjamaholic wrote:
    No Coder wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Last night I decided to look at the dates of the EV shows and I went to the news section
    And Im positive it had 3 dates for Brisbane 10th 11th 12th anyway this morning I went and checked again
    and it was just showing 2 dates 10th and 12th..
    But arent the Brissy dates the 10th 12th and 13th.......anyway there are only 2 listed for Bris..
    How did Brisbane come to get 3 dates and Melb just 2???
    Just wondering..... :)

Because Brisbane rocks!!.. I must admit, I was suprised myself when I saw Melbourne only had 2 shows. Maybe demand wasn't there, which would also be suprising.

Doubt it. Am wondering what the seating capacity is for the Palais, as compared with the other venues (Brissie, Sydney). Maybe it's a bigger venue and they didnt need another concert because they could fit enough people in the two nights? Maybe Ed will play longer setlists just for us Melbournites cheated out of a third show. One can always hope......

Just looked it up .. total seating capacity for Palais is 2896. QPAC Concert Hall is 1800. So there's your answer, guys. :)
  • Options
    Anyone meeting from drinks before the Adelaide show? I think a Sunday sesh is in order 8-)
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    E.K wrote:
    pjamaholic wrote:
    No Coder wrote:
    Last night I decided to look at the

Just looked it up .. total seating capacity for Palais is 2896. QPAC Concert Hall is 1800. So there's your answer, guys. :)

Yeah 09 Tour PJ sold 160,000 tickets and 50,000 was Melb so really Melb should have had one more show..
  • Options
    i think the reason for no 3rd Melb show was there was no room in the schedule, and the venue was booked also, so unless it was to be at another venue, which would be a bit silly.
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Hey i am back home now!

Just wanted to say it was Great to me a whole lot of you Aussie's and the shows i went to were really good fun!
    Sydney night 2 was an Awesome setlist! 8-)

thanks for the warm welcome. :mrgreen:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Hey i am back home now!

Just wanted to say it was Great to me a whole lot of you Aussie's and the shows i went to were really good fun!

& the kiwis you met weren't too bad too? :? ;)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    morello wrote:
    Hey i am back home now!

& the kiwis you met weren't too bad too? :? ;)

Oh yeah , Sorry! :lol:;)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Where is everyone/anyone drinking in Adelaide before the show tomorrow?
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Hilton Hotel now, corner South Rd and Sir Donald Bradman Dr.. from 3pm onwards :)
    wah
  • Options
    :cry::cry::cry: that I'm not going to any more shows.

Next time I'm leaving my partner and my pets at home and tagging along with you people. :)
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    So Perths' Pre and After party is where?
    Rigby's, Digbys', Lucky Shag......
    I googled it but apparently it's all a big April Fools joke....... :?
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    So Perths' Pre and After party is where?
    Rigby's, Digbys', Lucky Shag......
    I googled it but apparently it's all a big April Fools joke....... :?

Huh?

Send a message to Paul Andrews .. he knows where people are meeting before the Perth shows.
  • Options
    Last show of the Australian tour is tonight. Wish I was going to be there.

I hope everyone who is going has a great time and gives Eddie a great send off.

Hopefully we'll get another solo tour in the not too distant future.