Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    You didn't even read it.

Read what?

I put a lot of thought into that, there's a story and everything. :( :( :(

Of course I read at all...
  • PapPap Posts: 28,819
    edited November 2010
    Wasn't really making a joke,I'll explain, one of my Aunt's was a school teacher(taught 3rd grade), when i was 12 or so there was a family reunion. She was telling a story of how she got into an argument with a parent who complained that there kid was being given to much home work. She reasoned that a kid got out of school and got home by 3:30 or so and went to bed around 8:30 or so, were talking about 7 and 8 year olds. So that left them 5 hours a night, they should have an 1 hour to play and an hour to eat dinner and spend time with there family, so there shouldn't be any problem with them doing 3 hours of homework a night. My Mom had to stab me with a fork and threaten me under her breath so i wouldn't say anything. My Aunt's reasoning hurt my brain as did her existence.

So i wondered if you were a school teacher, maybe there's some connection.

Now onto video games, Most video games that have come out in the last couple of years are designed to give the player a certian amount of Play Time before being able to finish the game.

Dragon's Age for example can be finished in about 50 to 60 hours of play time, But if you wanted to do Everything and get Everything it could take 100 to 120 hours of play time.

So if you were to play for an hour a day, it would take you like 4 months to finish. That's a hell of a commitment to just one game.

If you told a facebook fanatic that they should only go on for an hour a day, well you see the problem.
    Now I can see your point of view (which is driven mostly by your bad experience). I still find studying, learning new things everyday and real things like these more stimulating than video games. This is just my humble opinion. But, I also noticed that you used the word fanatic. So, why do you have to be fanatic? What I'm trying to say it's that you don't need to be so passionate about virtual reality. Instead we can all be very keen on life. And I'm studying Multimedia Design and 3D Technologies for God's sake... :)
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I'm keen on this thread.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Pap wrote:
    Wasn't really making a joke,I'll explain, one of my Aunt's was a school teacher(taught 3rd grade), when i was 12 or so there was a family reunion. She was telling a story of how she got into an argument with a parent who complained that there kid was being given to much home work. She reasoned that a kid got out of school and got home by 3:30 or so and went to bed around 8:30 or so, were talking about 7 and 8 year olds. So that left them 5 hours a night, they should have an 1 hour to play and an hour to eat dinner and spend time with there family, so there shouldn't be any problem with them doing 3 hours of homework a night. My Mom had to stab me with a fork and threaten me under her breath so i wouldn't say anything. My Aunt's reasoning hurt my brain as did her existence.

So i wondered if you were a school teacher, maybe there's some connection.

Now onto video games, Most video games that have come out in the last couple of years are designed to give the player a certian amount of Play Time before being able to finish the game.

Dragon's Age for example can be finished in about 50 to 60 hours of play time, But if you wanted to do Everything and get Everything it could take 100 to 120 hours of play time.

So if you were to play for an hour a day, it would take you like 4 months to finish. That's a hell of a commitment to just one game.

If you told a facebook fanatic that they should only go on for an hour a day, well you see the problem.
    Now I can see your point of view. But, I also noticed that you used the word fanatic. So, why do you have to be fanatic? What I'm trying to say it's that you don't need to be so passionate about virtual reality. Instead we can all be very keen on life. And I'm studying Multimedia Design and 3D Technologies for God's sake... :)

:lol: Freudian slip
    I don't think it's a Freudian slip because I put a lot of thought before I wrote my answer. ;)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Pap wrote:
    MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE TO LIVE IN THE PRESENT TENSE
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap: :wave:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    :wave:
    :D :wave: