Additional hours in my life

florence151florence151 Posts: 597
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I gave away my copy of Call of Duty.

It was hard at first. It was always great with my morning coffee. I felt the need for a game or two after dinner.
Hey, it was great with a beer. Bored in the afternoon? Not with a quick Call of Duty on line battle. But, after a few days the need seemed to slip away. I went outside. There are green things and sun and...

I feel free.
Hold On
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PapPap Posts: 28,819
    Good for you my friend! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    excellent!

i think that you'll be amazed what you'll find in the non-virtual world :D

there are even real people out there!

enjoy :wave:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I went outside. There are green things and sun and..
    :lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • StillHere wrote:
    excellent!

Good to see people finally realizing how much better life IS without the whole VG addiction..
    MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE TO LIVE IN THE PRESENT TENSE
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Pap wrote:
    :thumbup: :wave:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    :wave:
    :wave:
  • StillHere wrote:
    excellent!

Good to see people finally realizing how much better life IS without the whole VG addiction..

Unfortunately I'm being converted to think the opposite. I used to hate video games...but I've been drawn into working in my English department's "Hyperlab" with fancy VR euipment and a brand new Kinect 360. Which is unbelievably cool.

If I ever figure out how it's related to English lit., I'll get back to you. :?
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Pap wrote:
    +1

i used to be obsessed with the sims 2. tough addiction to break. well done :)
    Pap wrote:
    +1

i used to be obsessed with the sims 2. tough addiction to break. well done :)
    :thumbup: :clap: :wave:
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    What are these green things you speak of???

I love a good game of COD.

But all in moderation. Can't let it take over your life.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    But all in moderation.
    :thumbup: Everything in moderation --- Aristotle
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    You've made a mistake, fix it.
    Would you be kind enough to help me a little bit here?
    Pap wrote:
    Would you be kind enough to help me a little bit here?

Sure, i don't believe there's anything wrong with zoning out into video game world, it's a fun place to be.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I believe BinauralJam came to the same conclusion once his Hustler subscription ran out.
    I believe BinauralJam came to the same conclusion once his Hustler subscription ran out.

When you stopped modeling, there's was no longer any point.
  • Pap wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:
    But all in moderation.

except
    pj + chocolate ;)

Thank you forthe kind words.

Thank you forthe kind words.

Your a Beautiful Man.
    Pap wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:
    But all in moderation.

except
    pj + chocolate ;)
    ;):)
    Sure, i don't believe there's anything wrong with zoning out into video game world, it's a fun place to be.
    Why zoning out? You can play a video game for an hour and enjoy the real life the rest of your time. ;)
    Pap wrote:
    Why zoning out? You can play a video game for an hour and enjoy the real life the rest of your time. ;)

An Hour? You wouldn't perhaps be a School Teacher?
    Pap wrote:

Sorry, I cannot understand your joke.
    Pap wrote:
    Pap wrote:

Sorry, I cannot understand your joke.

Welcome to our world.
    Wasn't really making a joke,I'll explain, one of my Aunt's was a school teacher(taught 3rd grade), when i was 12 or so there was a family reunion. She was telling a story of how she got into an argument with a parent who complained that there kid was being given to much home work. She reasoned that a kid got out of school and got home by 3:30 or so and went to bed around 8:30 or so, were talking about 7 and 8 year olds. So that left them 5 hours a night, they should have an 1 hour to play and an hour to eat dinner and spend time with there family, so there shouldn't be any problem with them doing 3 hours of homework a night. My Mom had to stab me with a fork and threaten me under her breath so i wouldn't say anything. My Aunt's reasoning hurt my brain as did her existence.

So i wondered if you were a school teacher, maybe there's some connection.

Now onto video games, Most video games that have come out in the last couple of years are designed to give the player a certian amount of Play Time before being able to finish the game.

Dragon's Age for example can be finished in about 50 to 60 hours of play time, But if you wanted to do Everything and get Everything it could take 100 to 120 hours of play time.

So if you were to play for an hour a day, it would take you like 4 months to finish. That's a hell of a commitment to just one game.

If you told a facebook fanatic that they should only go on for an hour a day, well you see the problem.
    Wasn't really making a joke,I'll explain, one of my Aunt's was a school teacher(taught 3rd grade), when i was 12 or so there was a family reunion. She was telling a story of how she got into an argument with a parent who complained that there kid was being given to much home work. She reasoned that a kid got out of school and got home by 3:30 or so and went to bed around 8:30 or so, were talking about 7 and 8 year olds. So that left them 5 hours a night, they should have an 1 hour to play and an hour to eat dinner and spend time with there family, so there shouldn't be any problem with them doing 3 hours of homework a night. My Mom had to stab me with a fork and threaten me under her breath so i wouldn't say anything. My Aunt's reasoning hurt my brain as did her existence.

So i wondered if you were a school teacher, maybe there's some connection.

Now onto video games, Most video games that have come out in the last couple of years are designed to give the player a certian amount of Play Time before being able to finish the game.

Dragon's Age for example can be finished in about 50 to 60 hours of play time, But if you wanted to do Everything and get Everything it could take 100 to 120 hours of play time.

So if you were to play for an hour a day, it would take you like 4 months to finish. That's a hell of a commitment to just one game.

If you told a facebook fanatic that they should only go on for an hour a day, well you see the problem.

YAWN
    You didn't even read it.
    You didn't even read it.

Read what?
    You didn't even read it.

Read what?

I put a lot of thought into that, there's a story and everything. :( :( :(