Options

I have become a beer snob....I am ashamed.

2»

Comments

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    meanwhile I'm just the opposite.. a beer slob, I'll drink it all!!! lol. The sad part is .. I'm serious. :shock: :shock:

I would have to say I'm the same way. While I usually always grab a micro-brewed case at the store, I am not too prideful to grab a case of rot-gut beer when my funds won't allow the higher up. It' okay, but I realize that I'm simply drinking it for more of the effect, and not as much the taste.

I like PBR...but lately I've realized that it is just a filler. Something to hold me over until my next tasteful purchase. It's also a great party beer.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Behold......

If you're ever in Utah, grab a six-pack of this.

Uinta_productImg_Cutthroat.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    lephty wrote:
    This time of year I'm all about Sam Adams Octoberfest and now Winterfest. Yummy yummy yummy!!! There's a small brewery, Shipyard, up in southern Maine that I absolutely love, and there's a couple local pit stops that will bring in a case or two for me. Last month I had an opportunity to get up to Maine for a few days so I brought back 2 cases of assorted brews. Mmmmmmm! Anyone else familiar with Shipyard? I guess I'm a snob too b/c I won't even look at Miller Lite and similar beers.

Shipyard is awesome.. I have a 4 pack of their signature series waiting for the right moment to be opened up! If you really like beer, I suggest going on vacation to Maine! Went there in late August and hit about 10 out of dozens of breweries! Allagash Brewery had my favorite beer of the vacation.

I have this distributor called Half-Time right up the road from me and there is literally hundred of different beers there. It can be overwhelming at times~

check out mainebrewersguild.org for brewery trail info in Maine.

random good beer... Oskar Blues! don't let the can fool you, this stuff is awesome

Thanks for the link I'll have to look into it. Gritty's is one of my favorite stops. I'm actually up in Maine quite a bit every year. My family has a vacation home outside of Lewiston/Auburn and I've been going there all my life. I've never been there for a winter but I'd love to do some skiing there. Do you live in Maine or nearby?

Unfortunately i don't really live in that area. About 6 hours away in NY. Went on a brewery vacation for a week at the end of august. Went through 5 or 6 in vermont before getting to maine!
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    This brewery in NY has some great stuff...

http://www.southerntierbrewing.com/beers.html

Thier Pumking Ale wipes it's ass with all other pumpkin beers.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,633
    There's nothing snobbish about supporting local craft breweries, instead of buying plonk made by foreign corporations (aka BMC or BudMillerCoors).

Philly is a spectacular place for beer. In addition to the ubiquitous Yuengling, there are Flying Fish, Yards, Victory, Phila Brewing, Stoudt's, Troegs, Dogfish Head, Weyerbacher, Iron Hill, Triumph, MacKenzies...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370
    i was pretty snobbish yesterday as i enjoyed about 16 miller lites at the birds tailgate

BIRDS!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,633
    i was pretty snobbish yesterday as i enjoyed about 16 miller lites at the birds tailgate

BIRDS!!

I will enjoy a few High Lifes on occasion. :D Love me some Champagne!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370

BIRDS!!

ha...nah i enjoy quality beer as much as the next guy. but when you're batting down the hatches for an epic 7 hour old school tailgate, you gotta go with the cheap shit.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    bass.jpg been on a Bass kick lately.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    The wife and I went to Cigar City Brewing in Tampa this weekend. They had some excellent beers on tap. I picked up several bottles to bring back home. If you ever have a chance to try any of their beers, do it.

http://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17981
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    fanch75 wrote:
    *hangs head :(
    How so?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

BIRDS!!

Funny that's what I'm drinking right now.. 12'ver of 16 oz's. ha ha! Living the ghetto good life today!!
  • Options
    As a beer lover I live in a pretty damned good city too. Kansas City has a nice little list of micro-breweries out here, but my favorite thing is going to The Boulevard Brewerie and Grill. They have this deal, where for a decent price, you get like 22 different beers..... all random, or chosen from the wall of the hundreds of MB they have available it's sooooo awesome!!! Plus we have Micro-bars where they ONLY sell MIcros.. it's a great place to live... though, now I gotta go check Maine out. Between the beer and seafood there I may come visit and never leave!!

Boulevard is my current fave! Although here in the land of beer snobbery (Colorado) It doesn't get as much exposure as it should. I'm totally going to visit the Boulevard Brewery when I'm in town next month!!

Maybe next year for the Great American Beer Festival we could have a PJ Fan contingent there. You guys should totally come; it's awesome.
    where at in CO? my family is out in Co Springs. and my bro in law loves the micro brews out there..we're always swapping beers.. lol as for getting together over PJ and beer, two of my favorite things..So I'd be down, so long as I had time to plan for the trip.
  • Options
    where at in CO? my family is out in Co Springs. and my bro in law loves the micro brews out there..we're always swapping beers.. lol as for getting together over PJ and beer, two of my favorite things..So I'd be down, so long as I had time to plan for the trip.

Great American Beer Fest is in Denver and next year is from Sept 29-Oct 1. It always sells out by June or July. Good times; great beer.

Someone on here should win the trip they're giving away:
    http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/news/
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,948
    http://www.bluepointbrewing.com/

only beer i drink these days

local brewery
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I had a Santas Little Helper the other day.

it was dark, high in achol content, but had no taste.

and on the record, Sam Adams is the most over rated "micro" beer around
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    81 wrote:

Sam Adams isn't a microbrewery. It's a craft brewery. They produce more beer than the definition limit of a microbrewery (15,000 barrels of beer annually).
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:

Sam Adams helped me get into beer, but I've never looked back at it.. I wouldn't consider anyone into it a beer snob. It's like the Wendy's of fast food, barely as popular as McDonalds/Miller.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    fanch75 wrote:

Fanch!! What happened?? Please tell me you haven't lost your taste for Natty Light. I've been a beer snob for many years now but I'll still drink the Beast for old times' sake. I don't mind Budweiser either.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    kenny olav wrote:
    fanch75 wrote:

Fanch!! What happened?? Please tell me you haven't lost your taste for Natty Light. I've been a beer snob for many years now but I'll still drink the Beast for old times' sake. I don't mind Budweiser either.

The times indeed are a changin'.

Should we have some sort of candlelight vigil for whoever makes Natty Light? They are possibly losing one of their greatest spokesmen!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    aNiMaL wrote:
    81 wrote:

Sam Adams isn't a microbrewery. It's a craft brewery. They produce more beer than the definition limit of a microbrewery (15,000 barrels of beer annually).

name it what you will, it's still over rated. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    homer-must-have-beer-385x240.jpg?w=385&h=240
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Flagg wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:
    fanch75 wrote:

Should we have some sort of candlelight vigil for whoever makes Natty Light? They are possibly losing one of their greatest spokesmen!

My friends, fear not, no vigil is necessary. I still love & honor that which is the Glorious Natty. But it is true that my taste pallet has gotten more complex. I've actually even taken up beer brewing. :D

Picture029-1.jpg
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    a brother from another mother...i hope delonte west has nothing on us.
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:
    fanch75 wrote:

Funny you should mention the Beast.. that's what i'm chugging right now.. I love Beeer Thirty!!
  • Options
    Picked up some black and tan yuengling and had a reg one with lunch yesterday. Whats the hype all abouy? Its not badbut i expected more with all the love it gets
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,043
    fanch75 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:

My friends, fear not, no vigil is necessary. I still love & honor that which is the Glorious Natty. But it is true that my taste pallet has gotten more complex. I've actually even taken up beer brewing. :D

Picture029-1.jpg
    You found a recipe to brew your own version of natty light , I would assume is called "fanchy light"?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    No Fanchy Light (American Light beers are actually very difficult to brew), but I did make a German-style Bock beer called FancherBach two weeks ago. I will bottle the FancherBach tomorrow.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    fanch75 wrote:
    No Fanchy Light (American Light beers are actually very difficult to brew), but I did make a German-style Bock beer called FancherBach two weeks ago. I will bottle the FancherBach tomorrow.

Somehow must sample this before a show sometime.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13