Options

I have become a beer snob....I am ashamed.

fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
*hangs head :(
Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yes im a beer snob too. i wont drink imported or domestic. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    meanwhile I'm just the opposite.. a beer slob, I'll drink it all!!! lol. The sad part is .. I'm serious. :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    NarcisoNarciso Posts: 194
    Pabst Blue Ribbon. Greatest beer on earth. Then Olympia and Rainier.
    Slipped on a curb in the road.
  • Options
    MK1980MK1980 Nottingham, UK Posts: 291
    Steinlager is the best beer on earth, and it comes from the best country on earth - New Zealand

:lol::lol::lol:
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Narciso wrote:
    Pabst Blue Ribbon. Greatest beer on earth. Then Olympia and Rainier.
    :thumbup:
    I like
    Mickeys
    PBR
    Rolling Rock
    Heiney & Corona
  • Options
    This time of year I'm all about Sam Adams Octoberfest and now Winterfest. Yummy yummy yummy!!! There's a small brewery, Shipyard, up in southern Maine that I absolutely love, and there's a couple local pit stops that will bring in a case or two for me. Last month I had an opportunity to get up to Maine for a few days so I brought back 2 cases of assorted brews. Mmmmmmm! Anyone else familiar with Shipyard? I guess I'm a snob too b/c I won't even look at Miller Lite and similar beers.
  • Options
    cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    meanwhile I'm just the opposite.. a beer slob, I'll drink it all!!! lol. The sad part is .. I'm serious. :shock: :shock:
    I resemble your remark ;).
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
  • Options
    I am slowly headed that way...had been a HUGE Miller Lite guy but have since tried so many different beers

I'm really into the Micro-Brews now

Show starting tonight on Discovery called "Brewmasters" I'm definitely watching that in between Football
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    This time of year I'm all about Sam Adams Octoberfest and now Winterfest. Yummy yummy yummy!!! There's a small brewery, Shipyard, up in southern Maine that I absolutely love, and there's a couple local pit stops that will bring in a case or two for me. Last month I had an opportunity to get up to Maine for a few days so I brought back 2 cases of assorted brews. Mmmmmmm! Anyone else familiar with Shipyard? I guess I'm a snob too b/c I won't even look at Miller Lite and similar beers.

I'm with you on the Sam Adams. You live in the same state that the best beer ever comes from. Yeungling. Man I would kill to have some of that. My neighbor gets me a couple cases every April when he goes to PA but it goes so fast. They don't sell it up here in MA. The closest I can get it is 4 hrs away in Albany NY.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770

Shipyard is awesome.. I have a 4 pack of their signature series waiting for the right moment to be opened up! If you really like beer, I suggest going on vacation to Maine! Went there in late August and hit about 10 out of dozens of breweries! Allagash Brewery had my favorite beer of the vacation.

I have this distributor called Half-Time right up the road from me and there is literally hundred of different beers there. It can be overwhelming at times~

check out mainebrewersguild.org for brewery trail info in Maine.

random good beer... Oskar Blues! don't let the can fool you, this stuff is awesome
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    widmer-hefeweizen-bottle-glass-21.jpg
    This is the BEST!!!
    #FHP
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I am a total beer snob now

I will turn down certain domestic beers, like Blue, Blue Light, Canadian, 50 etc, disgusting beaver piss
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    youngster wrote:

I'm with you on the Sam Adams. You live in the same state that the best beer ever comes from. Yeungling. Man I would kill to have some of that. My neighbor gets me a couple cases every April when he goes to PA but it goes so fast. They don't sell it up here in MA. The closest I can get it is 4 hrs away in Albany NY.

You'll love this _ I was at a Ruby Tuesday's in Portland, Maine Friday night looking for a fast meal before crashing back at my motel room. They had Yeungling draft on the menu. I was almost doing cartwheels and my friends were telling me to calm down. Then the waitress came back and said, "I'm sorry, we're out of the Yuengling."

:cry:

As for Shipyard: Oh my GOD have you ever tried the Shipyard Pumpkinhead? Un-freaking-believable.

That said, I'm perfectly happy with pretty much any beer.

All beer is good.

Yes.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

All beer is good.

Yes.

Best drink ever!!!
    #FHP
  • Options
    Don't worry.

As long as you resist the urge to make your own beer you will be OK.
    Once you make your own (Some folks even grow their own hops!) you have a true reason to hide away.
    Hold On
  • Options
    Don't be ashamed. Good beer is a good thing. I am lucky enough to life in Michigan "The great beer state". The amount of brewerys we have in our state is amazing. So many differnt delicious tasting beers. I'm a huge IPA fan. The hoppier the better. So lift your head! Nothing to be ashamed of. We just have supiour tastes is all... ;)
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    As a beer lover I live in a pretty damned good city too. Kansas City has a nice little list of micro-breweries out here, but my favorite thing is going to The Boulevard Brewerie and Grill. They have this deal, where for a decent price, you get like 22 different beers..... all random, or chosen from the wall of the hundreds of MB they have available it's sooooo awesome!!! Plus we have Micro-bars where they ONLY sell MIcros.. it's a great place to live... though, now I gotta go check Maine out. Between the beer and seafood there I may come visit and never leave!!
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I feel no shame

Innes and Gunn micro brewery ... Edinburgh :thumbup:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I won't drink anything but Goose Island IPA anymore.. if it's any thing else, it's just piss with alcohol in it to me. 8-)
  • Options
    youngster wrote:

You'll love this _ I was at a Ruby Tuesday's in Portland, Maine Friday night looking for a fast meal before crashing back at my motel room. They had Yeungling draft on the menu. I was almost doing cartwheels and my friends were telling me to calm down. Then the waitress came back and said, "I'm sorry, we're out of the Yuengling."

:cry:

As for Shipyard: Oh my GOD have you ever tried the Shipyard Pumpkinhead? Un-freaking-believable.

All beer is good.

Yes.

Actually I have a Pumpkinhead Ale right next to me! When I was at the brewery a month ago in Old Port I picked up a few Smashed Pumpkins. At $10 a bottle, I only got three. The 9% alcohol/volume is well deserved. It's a slightly heavier Pumpkinhead. Right now my fridge is stocked with a couple Shipyard Lights, a couple Old Thumpers, a few Shipyard Summer Ale's, and a 12-pack of Pumpkinhead Ales. Yep I'm set for a bit!

Oh and I love me some Yuengling, brewed just an hour or two away, and soooo good!. Even the Light is amazing!
  • Options
    youngster wrote:

Oh yeah I love some Yuengling! I used to live in SC and a buddy of mine from Pittsburgh would always bring down cases for a few of us. I'm up in Maine a couple times a year, and if Shipyard is available in your area, I'll trade you a case of Yuengling for Shipyard Export. Plus I've never been to Boston, it would be a great detour!
  • Options
    lephty wrote:

Shipyard is awesome.. I have a 4 pack of their signature series waiting for the right moment to be opened up! If you really like beer, I suggest going on vacation to Maine! Went there in late August and hit about 10 out of dozens of breweries! Allagash Brewery had my favorite beer of the vacation.

I have this distributor called Half-Time right up the road from me and there is literally hundred of different beers there. It can be overwhelming at times~

check out mainebrewersguild.org for brewery trail info in Maine.

random good beer... Oskar Blues! don't let the can fool you, this stuff is awesome

Thanks for the link I'll have to look into it. Gritty's is one of my favorite stops. I'm actually up in Maine quite a bit every year. My family has a vacation home outside of Lewiston/Auburn and I've been going there all my life. I've never been there for a winter but I'd love to do some skiing there. Do you live in Maine or nearby?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    fanch75 wrote:
    Let me guess, you went from Natty Light to Busch Light?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

As long as you resist the urge to make your own beer you will be OK.
    Once you make your own (Some folks even grow their own hops!) you have a true reason to hide away.

What's this noise?? I've been proudly brewing my own for 10 years. Don't have room to grow hops but I sometimes get some from a farmer down the road.

No reason to hide, my friend. All beer is good.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    fanch75 wrote:

are you saying you are DONE with Natty??????? :shock:
    This is disturbing. :cry:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    whoa...............fanch!! Long time!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    Have some of you heard of Smuttynose brewery out of Portsmouth NH? I love the Brown dog ale as well as the porter. Another fav. brewery of mine is in Tuckerman's in Conway. They are so small they only have 2 diff brews with a stout only made in the winter. Very nice folks who will welcome you for a tour and a sample on saturdays.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    just don't become a music snob, ok?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I am enjoying a few delicious Widmer Brrr's on this snowy November night in the Pacific Northwest.
  • Options
    As a beer lover I live in a pretty damned good city too. Kansas City has a nice little list of micro-breweries out here, but my favorite thing is going to The Boulevard Brewerie and Grill. They have this deal, where for a decent price, you get like 22 different beers..... all random, or chosen from the wall of the hundreds of MB they have available it's sooooo awesome!!! Plus we have Micro-bars where they ONLY sell MIcros.. it's a great place to live... though, now I gotta go check Maine out. Between the beer and seafood there I may come visit and never leave!!

Boulevard is my current fave! Although here in the land of beer snobbery (Colorado) It doesn't get as much exposure as it should. I'm totally going to visit the Boulevard Brewery when I'm in town next month!!

Maybe next year for the Great American Beer Festival we could have a PJ Fan contingent there. You guys should totally come; it's awesome.
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14