Creeps at work?

2»

Comments

• I had a regular client come up behind me yesterday, as I was with a different client, put his hand on my back and whisper very silently in my ear, "Just so you know, even though I will be with her, I will be thinking about you the whoooollee time." Not only is he creepy, he is at least 60 years old. He constantly calls me sweety and baby which is just weird, but this was a bit worse.

I really didn't know what to do, so I laughed it off and said, "Yeah, okay crazy man!"

And also, two days ago, I had another regular client who is 13 years old, telling me that he spent the day in in-school suspension for stealing an autistic boys hat and throwing in a tree and also for slapping a girl's ass. I told him that I wished the girls would have kicked him in the balls because that is completely unacceptable. He then told me that she belonged in the kitchen, just like I should be as well.... right where I belonged. I looked him square in the face and told him, "Look around, you over-privelaged little shit... you're surrounded by women. You say shit like that again, I WILL cut you and punch you in the face. I am not going to allow you to speak that way. And I hope that you cock off to the wrong person and hope you get yours." He didn't have anything else to say after that....

Some people's kids... :roll:

Anyways, speak up! You win some, you lose some.
    I have yet to figure out what to do about the old fuck, but he doesn't worry me.
    Luckily, we have the right to refuse service and but also aren't aloud to remain on site solo. I have had to ask my boss to speak to clients before if what I was saying wasn't working. Be safe though. I wouldn't feel comfortable being alone with someone like that.

Uhm what kind of work do you do that you can speak to a 13-year-old client that way?? :? or well any client :lol: Don't get me wrong what he said was wrong and he sounds like a douche for stealing some autistic kid's hat etc but still....

ugh on the creepy old man.
  • I had a regular client come up behind me yesterday, as I was with a different client, put his hand on my back and whisper very silently in my ear, "Just so you know, even though I will be with her, I will be thinking about you the whoooollee time." Not only is he creepy, he is at least 60 years old. He constantly calls me sweety and baby which is just weird, but this was a bit worse.

I really didn't know what to do, so I laughed it off and said, "Yeah, okay crazy man!"

And also, two days ago, I had another regular client who is 13 years old, telling me that he spent the day in in-school suspension for stealing an autistic boys hat and throwing in a tree and also for slapping a girl's ass. I told him that I wished the girls would have kicked him in the balls because that is completely unacceptable. He then told me that she belonged in the kitchen, just like I should be as well.... right where I belonged. I looked him square in the face and told him, "Look around, you over-privelaged little shit... you're surrounded by women. You say shit like that again, I WILL cut you and punch you in the face. I am not going to allow you to speak that way. And I hope that you cock off to the wrong person and hope you get yours." He didn't have anything else to say after that....

I have yet to figure out what to do about the old fuck, but he doesn't worry me.
    Luckily, we have the right to refuse service and but also aren't aloud to remain on site solo. I have had to ask my boss to speak to clients before if what I was saying wasn't working. Be safe though. I wouldn't feel comfortable being alone with someone like that.

Uhm what kind of work do you do that you can speak to a 13-year-old client that way?? :? or well any client :lol: Don't get me wrong what he said was wrong and he sounds like a douche for stealing some autistic kid's hat etc but still....

One, of which I don't have to take people's shit- I don't get paid enough for that. He is constantly bragging about stealing things and selling it to his friends, mis-treating girls, and talking about breaking into people's houses. I am not afraid to talk that way to a little punk kid after him continuously being rude to me and other patrons. Perhaps he will listen to me because he obviously isn't listening to his parents or learning any other lessons form the trouble he finds.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Sounds like some Scottish dude who posts often on this site...Can't put my finger on a name...

fud??? :lol:

One, of which I don't have to take people's shit- I don't get paid enough for that. He is constantly bragging about stealing things and selling it to his friends, mis-treating girls, and talking about breaking into people's houses. I am not afraid to talk that way to a little punk kid after him continuously being rude to me and other patrons. Perhaps he will listen to me because he obviously isn't listening to his parents or learning any other lessons form the trouble he finds.

Nor should you. I hate rude people and this kid sounds like a proper little shit, however, I don't know many professions where you can tell a client you will cut them and punch them in the face....well there are some I guess :lol:
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Nor should you. I hate rude people and this kid sounds like a proper little shit, however, I don't know many professions where you can tell a client you will cut them and punch them in the face....well there are some I guess :lol:

Ahhh, as you guys know, I'll tell my friends that I'm gonna cut them and punch them in the face. Try to imagine what I say to me enemies... :twisted:
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • eyedclaar wrote:

Ahhh, as you guys know, I'll tell my friends that I'm gonna cut them and punch them in the face. Try to imagine what I say to me enemies... :twisted:

Do you make them listen to Celine Dion?? :shock:
  • i always find that if I tell someone I am going to hit them with a glass bottle or stab them in the face.....that they tend to back off a little
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    eyedclaar wrote:

Do you make them listen to Celine Dion?? :shock:

Good God, woman! What do you mistake me for, some kind of heartless monster? I'm more a fun-lovin', drug you up, drag your body back to my basement, kind of guy.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • eyedclaar wrote:
    Good God, woman! What do you mistake me for, some kind of heartless monster? I'm more a fun-lovin', drug you up, drag your body back to my basement, kind of guy.

:lol:

Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. ;)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I had a regular client come up behind me yesterday, as I was with a different client, put his hand on my back and whisper very silently in my ear, "Just so you know, even though I will be with her, I will be thinking about you the whoooollee time." Not only is he creepy, he is at least 60 years old. He constantly calls me sweety and baby which is just weird, but this was a bit worse.

thank you for posting this.
    you're all over it.

the old man is a pain in the ass
    the kid... little prick
    both are bullshit...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Call 911 and get a cop there or something...

He sounds really dangerous and creepy
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    FrankieG wrote:

actually one of my favourite customers is a cop.
    i'm bringing him something tomorrow maybe i'll ask him what he thinks tomorrow.

like i said i'm not freaked out or anything. its just really fucking annoying. and super awkward. and gross.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    haffajappa wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

like i said i'm not freaked out or anything. its just really fucking annoying. and super awkward. and gross.

steph, seriously this may seem harmless but the more you allow this the worse it can get...i'd have the owners let him know that if he's not doing any business he should go elsewhere...nice guy to psycho is a fine line
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    There's also the possibility that this guy is dangerous...not trying to scare you or anything but it sounds like this definitely needs to be addressed even though that might be difficult to do.

I second that.
    Really don't mean to scare you either, but I've worked on a case a few years ago that started just like that, and the guy eventually went on to stalk a shop attendant because he deluded himself to the point that he thought she had feelings for him : when she looked at him, she liked him; when she avoided him, she liked him ; when she was talking to other customers, she was provoking him ....The end of the story is just horrendous, but that's another story.
    Just to say you shouldn't ignore that and adress the situation.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited November 2010
    to the OP, that guy is a creep. Maybe he is asking you about your relationship with your b/f b/c he's trying to find out how involved you are. he might want a three some or he might be trying to find out if you are still dating, sleeping with, etc, your b/f. he might be hoping you'll break up. he could be voyeuristic and looking in your window or he may be fantasizing. i'm scared for you. but you're at work when he is speaking to you inappropriately. i feel this is sexual harassment. i'm not an expert, but you should not have to tolerate feeling uncomfortable in the workplace.
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • haffajappa wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

Yup definitely speak to the cop... don't get freaked out at all as more than likely he's simply a weirdo... but put an end to it. Next time he says something just look at him and go 'OI... INAPPROPRIATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' Don't engage in conversation with him anymore. But definitely ask the cop guy.

Hope you're not walking home on your own or anything like that? I don't know much about your living situation but just treat the guy like a customer... no personal talk at all.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    haffajappa wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

Yup definitely speak to the cop... don't get freaked out at all as more than likely he's simply a weirdo... but put an end to it. Next time he says something just look at him and go 'OI... INAPPROPRIATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' Don't engage in conversation with him anymore. But definitely ask the cop guy.

Hope you're not walking home on your own or anything like that? I don't know much about your living situation but just treat the guy like a customer... no personal talk at all.
    Yeah, i do walk. Its a 2 min walk or so.
    I never really thought this was all that serious... but everyone seems to think so! :shock:
    Okay so, the guy didn't come back at all for like a week, I guess me acting uninterested in any type of conversation worked...for the time being. He's come in every night I work this week.

I went next door to grab a coffee and i saw him in there i just turned around and went straight back out.
    Fuck, now he knows for sure i'm working tonight (though I'm sure he's got it memorized)

And the creepiest part?
    He asked me how the photos are coming.

...How the FUCK did you know I was working on a family heritage photo project?
  • haffajappa wrote:
    Okay so, the guy didn't come back at all for like a week, I guess me acting uninterested in any type of conversation worked...for the time being. He's come in every night I work this week.

I went next door to grab a coffee and i saw him in there i just turned around and went straight back out.
    Fuck, now he knows for sure i'm working tonight (though I'm sure he's got it memorized)

And the creepiest part?

Uhm that is creepy as fuck.

As a side note your photos on FB are amazing. Very cool.
    haffajappa wrote:

And the creepiest part?

Oooooh thank you!!!! :oops: :D
  • haffajappa wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

And the creepiest part?

Oooooh thank you!!!! :oops: :D

I swear I am not creepy :oops: :lol:

They came up on the news feed and I thought they were so cool. A few years ago I had some old family ones copied for myself and I love them.

I swear I am not creepy :oops: :lol:

They came up on the news feed and I thought they were so cool. A few years ago I had some old family ones copied for myself and I love them.
    Oh i know you're not creepy :) Unless you're the... INFORMANT for him...
    *eyes you suspiciously*

I love heritage stuff like that... I signed up for a trial on ancestry.ca when i did a paper a couple semesters back on my family history... SOOO interesting!!
  • tell him to mind his own fking business.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014