* . *-. * ' . - * let it SNOWWWWWW!!! . ' - *. *- .* '

2»

Comments

• prismprism Posts: 2,440
    the reports say our winter advisory starts @ 9am tomorrow...

brrr....it's getting cold enough & it's already begun to smell like it's gonna snow outside... :)

so now that everyone's anticipating it...just watch, we'll only or get a flake or two
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    it was on and off today but i hav yet to see the heavy stuff start (which is supposed to start tonight)
    mountains got about 60 cm... yesssssssssssssssssss
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    haffajappa wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    soooo can't wait for snow

i'm dying for it
    Me too... my friends are telling me it's a watched pot, if i keep watching the weather forecast them mountains are never gonna boil! :lol:
    thats so cool

i bet you get alot more then i do yearly :(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    soooo can't wait for snow

i'm dying for it
    Me too... my friends are telling me it's a watched pot, if i keep watching the weather forecast them mountains are never gonna boil! :lol:
    thats so cool

i bet you get alot more then i do yearly :(
    the mountains got a lot today , nice big white line across them that went prety low down the mountain so at all altitudes looks lik they got a really good dump.
    most places are opening this weekend, i'm so stoked.
    last year for the olympics we got none though!!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    haffajappa wrote:
    [
    the mountains got a lot today , nice big white line across them that went prety low down the mountain so at all altitudes looks lik they got a really good dump.
    b.c. i presume?
    Jason P wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    [
    b.c. i presume?
    yeppers!

<3
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    haffajappa wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    [
    b.c. i presume?
    yeppers!

<3
    awesome! i love me some pac n.w.! :D
    Jason P wrote:
    awesome! i love me some pac n.w.! :D
    me too! coast and mountains, who could complain?!!! seriously! :mrgreen:
  • Woo Hoo! It's snowing here too (well, wet snow). Just got back from taking the dog for a walk :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Woo Hoo! It's snowing here too (well, wet snow). Just got back from taking the dog for a walk :D
    yes finally started snowing in langley around 9:30... we have about 3 cm... i wanna go out and play in it before all those little bastard kids ruin the good snow ! hahah
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    My favorite time of the year!!! Board ready, stuffs packed and white surrounding summits. Just can't wait to get a ride ...
    myra wrote:
    My favorite time of the year!!! Board ready, stuffs packed and white surrounding summits. Just can't wait to get a ride ...
    :)
    I gotta wax my board tonight and wash my stuff...
    Hope to get up to the mountain tomorrow, if not hopefully next week!
    haffajappa wrote:
    myra wrote:

I'm so jealous now.
    But for a couple of them, most resorts are not open yet. So I'll have to wait a couple more weeks. Am basically packing in anticipation :lol:
    myra wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    myra wrote:

I'm so jealous now.
    But for a couple of them, most resorts are not open yet. So I'll have to wait a couple more weeks. Am basically packing in anticipation :lol:
    Yeah we got a good early snowfall but last year the same thing happened, only to have NOTHING in january/february which stunk up the olympics hahaha

hopefully it continues (as they say it probably will be a snowy one this year!) can't waiiiiit
    haffajappa wrote:
    Yeah we got a good early snowfall but last year the same thing happened, only to have NOTHING in january/february which stunk up the olympics hahaha

hopefully it continues (as they say it probably will be a snowy one this year!) can't waiiiiit

Have the same feeling that it's gonna be a snowy year. We keep getting heavy rain around here (not a rain region at all usually ) and it got "cold" all of sudden, which means there must be loads of snow up in the mountains right now.
    Have always dreamt of snowboarding in Canada ...

EDIT : weather forecast on right now. Snow all over the place. Don't know how I'll wait a couple more weeks now.
    myra wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Have the same feeling that it's gonna be a snowy year. We keep getting heavy rain around here (not a rain region at all usually ) and it got "cold" all of sudden, which means there must be loads of snow up in the mountains right now.
    Have always dreamt of snowboarding in Canada ...

EDIT : weather forecast on right now. Snow all over the place. Don't know how I'll wait a couple more weeks now.
    Come to Canada! B.C. especially, or at least out West :)
    Back east, from what I've heard is icey.. and plus their "mountains" are like hills hahah
    There are tons of mountains in the PNW between the rockies, the coast, and the cascades (US)
    Was up on Mount Washington (Vancouver Island) on Christmas Eve day... it was nuts...but it only got crazier over the weekend...

And the mountain was filled to capacity for skiiers by the afternoon yesterday, and by 9:30 am this morning!
    Apparently they have the largest snowbase in the world right now for ski resorts
    http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca ... lumbiaHome
    haffajappa wrote:
    Was up on Mount Washington (Vancouver Island) on Christmas Eve day... it was nuts...but it only got crazier over the weekend...

And the mountain was filled to capacity for skiiers by the afternoon yesterday, and by 9:30 am this morning!
    Apparently they have the largest snowbase in the world right now for ski resorts

Wow. That must have been amazing !!
    I'm just back from the Alps and I felt thankful for the amount of snow we got .... I'm glad I didn't see this post before coming back ...
    Ahhh. For some reason, I really feel like visiting Canada now. :think:
    myra wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

I'm just back from the Alps and I felt thankful for the amount of snow we got .... I'm glad I didn't see this post before coming back ...
    It was, it was crazy... the snow was so deep...
    My bf de-booted and fell into teh snow, he had to cling to his board for life to try and get out HAHAAH
    haffajappa wrote:
    myra wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

It was, it was crazy... the snow was so deep...
    My bf de-booted and fell into teh snow, he had to cling to his board for life to try and get out HAHAAH

Ahhhh! Stop it ! I'm green with envy right now :lol:
    myra wrote:

Ahhhh! Stop it ! I'm green with envy right now :lol:
    Haha, don't be... i'm back on the mainland now and the mountains near my home haven't seen fresh powder in a week... it damnwell better snow tonight because tomorrow evening is my last evening of freedom before i start this semester!!