Thanksgiving........

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'm going to my sisters. Her husband LOVES TO COOK and he makes everything. They've already ordered a fresh turkey and steak roast. His family also has soup and lasagna as a tradition on Thanksgiving, so we'll have that too. I'm making a ham and we'll have all the regular fixings. I can't wait. THANKSGIVING is my absolute favorite holiday.

oh and lots and lots of alcohol I'm sure :lol:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,263
    Doing totally spanish food fuck the turkey and all the stuffings :lol::lol: How about this Speedy .

Enchiladas
    burritos
    Tacos ..
    Mango pie :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I am SO happy to be going home in a week for Thanksgiving! A few much needed days at home and a chance to see my friends from high school who I haven't seen since summer.

Also Thanksgiving's always special because it's the last time I see my grandparents before they leave for Israel for 6 months!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • My husband and my sister-in-law both have to work this Thanksgiving...so that kind of sucks...especially since we have a small family as it is. So it will be me and my brother hanging at my parents' house...turkey and all the sides. My brother's birthday is the next day so have to have some birthday cake.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    I am headed to Deutschland on Monday 11/22 and will spend the following 2 weeks there. It will be weird not seeing my family but I have friends in Munich and Frankfurt. I'll be in Frankfurt for the actual holiday but other than visiting with them, I won't be doing anything special. I will attempt to watch the Pats game on-line.

Can't wait!!!!!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Where are ya going?
    Whats on the menu???

Im going to my folks...Kathy is going to her folks house....
    I REALLY wanted to have the families over to MY house this year, but for a bunch of silly reasons, its not going to happen.....

My mommy will cook the traditional Thanksgiving dinner...
    20Lb. Bird...
    Mashed potatoes
    Stuffing
    corn
    Sweet Potatoes
    Biscuits
    Gravy

I am in charge of bringing the pies....
    Pumpkin
    Apple
    Cherry

So?
    What are your plans?
    Whats on the menu???

I'm making dinner for my family. We're having all the usual stuff plus I want to pick out a few new recipes to add to the dishes and pies I've been making for the last few years. I'm thinking of two new sides and one new dessert. I'm still looking at recipes though.

I've narrowed it down for the dessert. I'm considering a cheese cake with cherries on the top or a pecan/walnut pie. :geek: :D

I just have so many cookbooks!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    For some reason my boss thinks one of his account managers must not be on vacation and he also thinks its a good idea for us to be open the day after thanksgiving.

So i can't travel to my family.

I'm having thanksgiving by myself but other then missing my family i'm not too bummed.

I'm going to Honey Baked Ham and for like 19.99 you get a pound of sliced turkey and a pound of ham. I think you even get two small sides with it too so i'll get some kind of sweet potatoes and something else.

I'm gonna make string bean casserole myself since it is my favorite.

I'm also gonna pick up some kind of pie.

We'll see how it goes. I've never spent Thanksgiving alone. I've had some invites to friends families but they have big get togethers that i would feel strange being at since i would be a bit of an outsider.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Doing totally spanish food fuck the turkey and all the stuffings :lol::lol: How about this Speedy .

Enchiladas
    burritos
    Tacos ..
    And I'll bring my famous guacamole dip ;) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    convinced my in-laws to go to my mom's this year. It shall be an interesting dinner-hopefully no fights and everyone remains civil...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm gettin in the mood
    gonna go get my free turkey from Ingles today! HOThanksGTurkey02HL1.gif
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    pandora wrote:
    I'm gettin in the mood
    gonna go get my free turkey from Ingles today! HOThanksGTurkey02HL1.gif

gobble, gobble!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I’m fairly certain I’ll be going this Thanksgiving alone,… so,.. the menu,… probably Chinese takeout. ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    the wolf wrote:
    I’m fairly certain I’ll be going this Thanksgiving alone,… so,.. the menu,… probably Chinese takeout. ;)

You can come look for me in the Grand Canyon if you like. I understand it's a tiny little fissure in the earth all tucked away up there... shouldn't be too hard.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    eyedclaar wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

You can come look for me in the Grand Canyon if you like. I understand it's a tiny little fissure in the earth all tucked away up there... shouldn't be too hard.

Cool,.. when i get there i'll just yell out for you.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Doing totally spanish food fuck the turkey and all the stuffings :lol::lol: How about this Speedy .

Enchiladas
    burritos
    Tacos ..
    So you take the family to Taco Bell for Thanksgivving???
    I didnt realize Taco Bell was open on Thanksgiving......

hehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    :lol::lol: Yeah i should do that " Hey Kate get the kids ready we're off to Taco Bell " :P ..

Mike wish you a happy holiday season :) .......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,852
    Thanksgiving
    the only time my family gets together in one place all year
    And of course I will be making my now famous cranberry horseradish mousse.
    Wishing all of you a Gobble Gobble great holiday :!:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    one last bump....
    And it's too darn pretty for a man to want to die 2 more minutes to go .....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    what no one wants the recipe?

fucking a, sweet spicy goodness to cut through the brown plate :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    one last bump....
    And it's too darn pretty for a man to want to die 2 more minutes to go .....
    My dumbass is going to work today....
    I volunteered for this nonsense.....

WTF was I thinking?????

hehehehehe

Good Morning Sunshine!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    JB said last night...
    " I feel like making something new this year... a new recipe"
    Cool, very cool.
    He's in charge of cooking the Turkey, which after I get it dressed, he puts upside down on a rack in a cooking bag. Then about 45 minutes before its done he flips it to brown the breast...it is soooo moist. He rules!
    He's also in charge of the green bean casserole but heck a new dish sounds awesome!

He was thinking a squash casserole or something with crannberries.

Anyone got any good recipes? turkeysmiley.gif
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    This will be my first Thanksgiving in Florida and it appears we won't be having any TURKEY. Especially since I'm the one who cooks it, we're going with a honey baked ham. We cook turkey every other week so I'm just tired of it. We also will have more of an island/West Indian theme this year.

What that will be I'm just not sure yet. My job is just make sure all our children are well fed/stuffed. :D

BTW what does a deep fried turkey taste, is it moist?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

pandora wrote:
    Cranberryhorseradishmousse-1.jpg

adjust sweetness/horseradish to taste
    I also add a bit of reduced cranberry juice to give it more cranberry flavor
    I cant have Thanksgiving dinner without it. And its a killer spread for turkey sandwiches.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,021
    g under p wrote:
    This will be my first Thanksgiving in Florida and it appears we won't be having any TURKEY. Especially since I'm the one who cooks it, we're going with a honey baked ham. We cook turkey every other week so I'm just tired of it. We also will have more of an island/West Indian theme this year.

What that will be I'm just not sure yet. My job is just make sure all our children are well fed/stuffed. :D

BTW what does a deep fried turkey taste, is it moist?

Peace
    GuP,

Man is this awesome!!! Dry rub inside and out. Biggest key is safety , keep your fryer away from flammibles!! other thing is follow the per lb cooking times. should have come with a card with this info. if not research it.

GOOD STUFF!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Get_Right wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Cranberryhorseradishmousse-1.jpg

adjust sweetness/horseradish to taste
    I also add a bit of reduced cranberry juice to give it more cranberry flavor
    I cant have Thanksgiving dinner without it. And its a killer spread for turkey sandwiches.

Thanks Adam cheers and have a great holiday season .. :):)
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Where are ya going? I rented a house in VT for the week, all my sons and some of their friends will be joining us for hiking and snowboarding.

Whats on the menu?

My mom and I will cook the traditional Thanksgiving dinner...we are keeping it VERY SIMPLE this year!
    20Lb. Bird
    Mashed potatoes
    Stuffing
    Sweet Potatoes
    Green Bean Casserole
    Cranberry Sauce, whole and jelly
    Gravy

Pumpkin Pie
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown

Thanks Adam cheers and have a great holiday season .. :):)
    Same to you and yours my friend :!:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    no traditional thanksgiving this year
    same with christmas dinner and this entire holiday season...
    almost zero bullshit... ( 3 cookies from now until new year's eve)

seafood thanksgiving add steak
    probably the same for christmas

smoked and candied salmon. X
    oyster stew. X
    smoked oysters. X
    prawn. X
    clams. X
    clam chowder. X
    frozen pizza. X (fixed up nicely with added stuff) :mrgreen:
    summer sausage/cheese & crackers
    veggy & fruit tray

that folks is my holiday menu

maybe a pecan pie somewhere along the line
    i do like banana pudding vanilla waffer surprise

son of a
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,021
    chadwick wrote:
    no traditional thanksgiving this year
    same with christmas dinner and this entire holiday season...
    almost zero bullshit... ( 3 cookies from now until new year's eve)

seafood thanksgiving add steak
    probably the same for christmas

smoked and candied salmon. X
    oyster stew. X
    smoked oysters. X
    prawn. X
    clams. X
    clam chowder. X
    frozen pizza. X (fixed up nicely with added stuff) :mrgreen:
    summer sausage/cheese & crackers
    veggy & fruit tray

that folks is my holiday menu

maybe a pecan pie somewhere along the line
    i do like banana pudding vanilla waffer surprise

son of a
    guess you'll need to swim a few extra laps!!

Meanwhile, I've not decided yet what I'll be doing or where I'll be going. Sure part of the day will be devoted to reflection.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14