Options

Anniversary Downloads - Studio Albums 'Live'

Comments

• Options
    goat wrote:
    Very nice, thanks for putting this together.

You are very welcome, I hope that you enjoy it.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    The Kids Are Alright: The Songs of The Who

TKAACover.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... f-who.html

(Keeping things short and snappy - just like the Who - This 14 song collection takes us on a tour of Who 'covers', sequenced in the order in which songs were written (Who said rock and roll can't be educational?). Another favourite of ours.... the sound quality is high, the performances are tight, the mood is good. This is a little different from some of the other PJ Who compilations floating around out there - we didn't want to duplicate those, and tried to come up with something a bit special, drawing on the help and suggestions from the message board. These versions feature no musicians other than the members of Pearl Jam. Another rocking slice of of music to download in time for Xmas!! Enjoy!)

(Front page updated)
    BUMP
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    tremors wrote:

TKAACover.jpg

(Keeping things short and snappy - just like the Who - This 14 song collection takes us on a tour of Who 'covers', sequenced in the order in which songs were written (Who said rock and roll can't be educational?). Another favourite of ours.... the sound quality is high, the performances are tight, the mood is good. This is a little different from some of the other PJ Who compilations floating around out there - we didn't want to duplicate those, and tried to come up with something a bit special, drawing on the help and suggestions from the message board. These versions feature no musicians other than the members of Pearl Jam. Another rocking slice of of music to download in time for Xmas!! Enjoy!)

(Front page updated)
    BUMP

Have been listening to this latest one today. Great stuff, so many moods and emotions that Ed covers with his voice. Really sounds every time that these songs mean the world to him. Emotional!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Just listened to it :)
    It's great, I've only recently listened to a lot of The Who stuff and I've got to say,the covers are brilliant. Leaving Here, The Seeker, Baba and My Generation are my favourites. I've been waiting to hear a good quality version of My Generation so thanks
    Awesome ! - Just like every project youguys do

Thanks so much :D
  • Options
    Just listened to it :)
    It's great, I've only recently listened to a lot of The Who stuff and I've got to say,the covers are brilliant. Leaving Here, The Seeker, Baba and My Generation are my favourites. I've been waiting to hear a good quality version of My Generation so thanks
    Awesome ! - Just like every project youguys do

Thanks so much :D

Thank you so much for the kind words, we are glad that you are enjoying this one.
  • Options
    Ok- who can talk the idiot through how to download- thought I knew but I an not familiar with any of these sites - so when I click the links I either have to wait or pay. Happy to wait- but then it says max adds etc... Is is safe to save to my hard drive & then find it from there?

Cheers & thanks in advance for an advice.Just a bit weary of clicking on anything after the major comp crash last time I went gung ho :?
  • Options
    pn262980 wrote:
    Ok- who can talk the idiot through how to download- thought I knew but I an not familiar with any of these sites - so when I click the links I either have to wait or pay. Happy to wait- but then it says max adds etc... Is is safe to save to my hard drive & then find it from there?

Cheers & thanks in advance for an advice.Just a bit weary of clicking on anything after the major comp crash last time I went gung ho :?

These free filesharing sites usually work by making you wait, and limiting you to only one download from them in a set period of time. Cameron4president has put up links to a range of different providers however, so if you have used your quota for one site, then use a different site for the next download. You will still have to wait, but it should work. These sites are all standard filesharing sites, and you just have to navigate past all any adverts, until you see the 'save' box appear. All these files are packed as in a .rar file, and there is absolutely nothing in the folder that will damage your computer.

You will need to download 'winrar' to unpack them, which is a standard piece of software along the lines of winzip. There are a few similar rar unpackers but I use winrar, and you just tell it to 'cancel' if it gives you any grief. Let us know how you get on and if these tips work.

One thing I should say about all these downloads is that we are working with mp3s , and different sources; mainly soundboard quality, but audience recordings sometimes - and some sources and some mp3s work better than others, and whilst we have striven to keep the sound quality as high as we can, sometimes there is only one choice of a particular performance.

As with all the pj mp3s, some work better for different people than others, and some devices suit them better.... Headphones, speakers, burning cds all produce a different sound. We on the team are all using different devices, and I have found that the sound of one collection agrees with me more than others, whereas other people on the team prefer the sound of another collection.

All I will say on this is that there are a number of different collections now, and I think every one of them you can get sounding great, but some work better in different ways from the other (for me). For instance I am finding the Who collection is working better coming out of my speakers, but the backspacer live I prefer coming out of a particular pair of headphones. I find this with the official bootlegs as well.

The reason for saying all this is that I think if you have a bit of a play around and an experiment, you can get every one of these compilations sounding great.

• Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    This is one of my favorite threads. Thanks so much for all of your hard work and time! I'm really enjoying what you've put together and am excited to hear more!

Cheers
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    This is one of my favorite threads. Thanks so much for all of your hard work and time! I'm really enjoying what you've put together and am excited to hear more!

Cheers

Thanks HeavyHands - yes they are fun to work on, and it's interesting doing most of the discussions and decision making out front on the Porch. Cameron4President has put in so much work to pulling it all together, making it happen, (and driving the thing in a lot of ways) it is untrue. Is nice to work on though, because it's Pearl Jam related discussion with something tangible coming out of it, that we all get to listen to. We have had disagreements, but amazingly we haven't killed each other yet - but doing the projects seems a good way to get to know different people in the forum better. The main problem I think is that everyone here has such strong feelings about Pearl Jam, and what they like and don't like, which can be quite different for different people, so there is always a risk that people will just 'throw their hands in the air' at the decisions we've ended up making; and if things get toooo democratic then we'd end up taking forever. So I think Cameron4President has been a great leader of these projects. The good thing is though, that when we have got to hear the overall piece, having narrowed down the menu, we can start to get a sense of how the thing will sound when played through, and what works or doesn't next to each other; and the three core team members have usually been able to agree on this part of it more easily. So, yes, is rewarding, and fun to do out in a public forum. It has to be said that I don't think we could do this so easily with any other band, since Pearl Jam have such a wealth of live material to draw on, and fans who know about it.

Glad you are enjoying them too! Something a bit different for people to get their teeth into.

We will be working on more projects in the future (after a break), and the more people the merrier I think, especially in the early stages of generating a menu of possible tracks, and condensing this down. It gets harder to have so much influence as each project gathers momentum and versions are settled on!

Cheers

• Options
    HeavyHands wrote:

Cheers

+100000000000000000 :D
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

TKAACover.jpg

Some Who covers to start the work week.
  • Options
    You will need to download 'winrar' to unpack them, which is a standard piece of software along the lines of winzip. There are a few similar rar unpackers but I use winrar, and you just tell it to 'cancel' if it gives you any grief. Let us know how you get on and if these tips work.

Just wanted you let you know that your tips worked a beaut :D Thank you so much for your help- there is no stopping me now....I've loaded them to my Mp3 to listen to for when I hit the road t'row- so happy travels for me.

Cheers
  • Options
    this is awesome!!!! I was just thinking the other day of putting some playlists together from my live stuff for the studio albums, have downloaded these and will listen today on my iphone, very cool, thanx again.........
    1998 Wellington
    2001 Rock Am Ring
    2009 CHCH and Melbourne
    2012 Manchester x 2
  • Options
    Thanks guys. It's a lot of fun doing them, but can get quite tough in patches, so is always nice to hear that people are enjoying them. There's quite a collection now - what have we got..... 5 so far, including one double album! :D

I'm trying to rest up a bit until Cameron4President gets us all back to work on the next one.... will be enjoyable again hopefully

• Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Really looking forward to this! thanks for putting this together.
  • Options
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Really looking forward to this! thanks for putting this together.

Your welcome, I hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Disc%2B2.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

Latest Download: Pearl Jam- The Kids Are Alright: The Songs of The Who (Dec 9th 2010)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hi!

With help from other board members, Cameron4President and I have been putting some time into compiling a series of MP3 collections that pull together 'Live' versions of a Pearl Jam studio album. The challenge has been to select some great live performances which capture the mood or sound of an era, whilst also working well together and flowing as a single 'album'. Cameron4President and I are very pleased with the albums we have put together so far; and we have been working on them here on the message board as a kind of 'long-distance' online collaborative project.

I think Cameron4President deserves some serious credit for leading on this - making the general idea a reality, putting in a lot of time, gathering together and selecting a lot of alternative live versions, creating artwork, uploading them, and hosting them on his bootlegs blog:

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com

He has produced some great collections we can all listen to, share, discuss and enjoy.

Having just completed 'Ten Live: Then and Now', I thought it would be good to present you with the download links all in one place – for those who are interested in listening. This concept may not appeal to everyone, but we think it works well. No doubt there are better versions which would have worked great together and produced something different, so if you are interested in a making suggestions on future projects, feel free to participate – since we have been making the decisions together here online, based on the feedback posted on the board.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are the links to the projects so far:

'Mixed Metaphor: Backspacer Live'

Backspacer+Live7.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... pacer.html

(Our first collaborative project – we tried to find strong performances which captured the raw energy of the recent tour, and include some cracking versions of some of the Backspacer songs which may not be so popular amongst Backspacer doubters. Have a listen and see what you think of this alternative version of the album. A different show for each song, some choice covers as bonus material to round things off. Dedicated to Dr Stip Zoidberg off of Red Mosquito!)

'Turpentine and Nepotism: Vs. live'

Vs+Live6.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... -live.html

(A difficult project to work on, particularly due to the strength of the famous 'Fox' Atlanta broadcast. We took the Fox as the core of the project, and added performances from the Vs era which we thought sounded good, captured the times, and still work together as a listenable album. A barnstorming collection! Vs-era covers as bonus tracks.)

'Ten Live: Then and Now'

Disc%2B1.jpg

Disc 1 ('Then')

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... isc-1.html

Disc 2 ('Now')

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... isc-2.html

(Cameron4President's idea to put side by side performances from the Ten era, with those from the recent backspacer tour. It's interesting to hear how far we've come. Disc one is a 'Live Ten' from the Ten era, with Dave A on drums, Disc two is today's lineup, with Matt Cameron showing his qualities, and drawing from the 2009 / 2010 Backspacer shows. Two very different listening experiences...... Intense!!)

'The Theory of Vitalogy'

The%2BTheory%2Bof%2BVitalogy.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... alogy.html

(Given that it was never going to be possible to recreate the studio album 'live' due to certain tracks never having played live, we followed Cameron4President's lead, and compiled a Vitalogy era collection known as 'The Theory of Vitalogy' which took some sounds, style and some atmosphere from the Self Pollution Radio broadcast (and those times). Kicking off with some swearing and an early 'Jack Irons' Chant – this collection takes the studio album tracklist as its backbone but messes it up a bit, draws heavily on live performances which showcase Jack Irons' memorable playing, and some key performances from the Self Pollution show. With a lot of input and help from other forum members, Myra joined the core team, and after much agonising about tracklist and songs, we have produced our favourite collection yet. A notable omission has been nothingman :( which partly bit the dust due to inferior sound quality in the performances from the selected era, and partly because we wanted to upset people! (joke!). Hope you enjoy!)

Warning: Features explicit content on several occasions. ;)

TKAACover.jpg

I will update this page with more links as we put together more collections. Feel free to join in in the future with song selections or feedback on how the mix is working out. The more input the better, and the more interesting the project is to work on.....

:D

Some late week music for any that may have missed this thread during the past couple of weeks.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    awesome collections. looking forward to listening in a few minutes...
  • Options
    tschav wrote:
    awesome collections. looking forward to listening in a few minutes...
    Cool, Hope that you enjoy them. :D
  • Options
    Just listening to the Ten Live Disc 2 'Now' (2010) - we done good!!!!

• Options
    tremors wrote:

I love to listen to Disc 1 and 2 together to hear the contrast between the two eras of the band.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

I love to listen to Disc 1 and 2 together to hear the contrast between the two eras of the band.

Yeah it's a very different experience. I think my personal favourites from our collections are the Mixed Metaphor Backspacer, and the Ten Live Then and Now. Those are the ones I have returned to most often!

• Options
    Disc%2B2.jpg

Hi!

With help from other board members, Cameron4President and I have been putting some time into compiling a series of MP3 collections that pull together 'Live' versions of a Pearl Jam studio album. The challenge has been to select some great live performances which capture the mood or sound of an era, whilst also working well together and flowing as a single 'album'. Cameron4President and I are very pleased with the albums we have put together so far; and we have been working on them here on the message board as a kind of 'long-distance' online collaborative project.

I think Cameron4President deserves some serious credit for leading on this - making the general idea a reality, putting in a lot of time, gathering together and selecting a lot of alternative live versions, creating artwork, uploading them, and hosting them on his bootlegs blog:

He has produced some great collections we can all listen to, share, discuss and enjoy.

Having just completed 'Ten Live: Then and Now', I thought it would be good to present you with the download links all in one place – for those who are interested in listening. This concept may not appeal to everyone, but we think it works well. No doubt there are better versions which would have worked great together and produced something different, so if you are interested in a making suggestions on future projects, feel free to participate – since we have been making the decisions together here online, based on the feedback posted on the board.

Backspacer+Live7.jpg

(Our first collaborative project – we tried to find strong performances which captured the raw energy of the recent tour, and include some cracking versions of some of the Backspacer songs which may not be so popular amongst Backspacer doubters. Have a listen and see what you think of this alternative version of the album. A different show for each song, some choice covers as bonus material to round things off. Dedicated to Dr Stip Zoidberg off of Red Mosquito!)

Vs+Live6.jpg

(A difficult project to work on, particularly due to the strength of the famous 'Fox' Atlanta broadcast. We took the Fox as the core of the project, and added performances from the Vs era which we thought sounded good, captured the times, and still work together as a listenable album. A barnstorming collection! Vs-era covers as bonus tracks.)

Disc%2B1.jpg

Disc 1 ('Then')

Disc 2 ('Now')

(Cameron4President's idea to put side by side performances from the Ten era, with those from the recent backspacer tour. It's interesting to hear how far we've come. Disc one is a 'Live Ten' from the Ten era, with Dave A on drums, Disc two is today's lineup, with Matt Cameron showing his qualities, and drawing from the 2009 / 2010 Backspacer shows. Two very different listening experiences...... Intense!!)

Got Music Compilations if you need them!!
  • Options
    Disc%2B2.jpg

Hi!

Backspacer+Live7.jpg

Vs+Live6.jpg

Disc%2B1.jpg

Disc 1 ('Then')

Disc 2 ('Now')

Music to get you into the Christmas Spirit (PJ Style)...
  • Options
    Disc%2B2.jpg

Hi!

Backspacer+Live7.jpg

Vs+Live6.jpg

Disc%2B1.jpg

Disc 1 ('Then')

Disc 2 ('Now')

Music to get you into the Christmas Spirit (PJ Style)...

:D

• Options
    Just listening to 'The Theory of Vitalogy'. Sounding wicked!! :D

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    Folks I am going ahead and nominating this "best thread of 2010"!

To me it represents everything that's great (and unique) about the selfless, generous passionate pj fanbase and kudos to the band itself for giving us the free medium to connect with eachother!

Keep listening to the boots!

Who is with
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:

To me it represents everything that's great (and unique) about the selfless, generous passionate pj fanbase and kudos to the band itself for giving us the free medium to connect with eachother!

Who is with

Wow! That is very kind. What can we say? Thanks I guess!!

• Options
    locked wrote:

Who is with

I'm with you, but I am kind of bias. :D

Thanks, and let me add that all of this has been a lot of fun and would not be possible without our great band and it fans ("The Jamily")
  • Options
    locked wrote:

Who is with

I'm with you, but I am kind of bias. :D

Thanks, and let me add that all of this has been a lot of fun and would not be possible without our great band and it fans ("The Jamily")

hehehe - not heard that phrase for a while!