Options

Anniversary Downloads - Studio Albums 'Live'

Comments

• Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Many thanks and maximum Kudos to Cameron4President for putting all the work into the latest download collection - The Theory of Vitalogy. It's sounding really good to my ears, and none of these projects would have come to life had it not been for the enormous amount of effort and expertise Cameron4President has invested in them. I'm really really grateful, and appreciative, just wanted to say that!

Thanks!! :D
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    wow thanks!!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    wow thanks!!

You're welcome!

• Options
    tremors and Cameron4President
    you guys are the best!
    THANK YOU!
    thanks for your time/effort/good choice
    I love all of your compilations and have been listening to them non stop :D
    The Theory of Vitalogy is amazing.
    The beginning part - "THIS IS A ROCK N' ROLL CONCERT, NOT A TEA PARTY!" was a brilliant intro :lol:
    thanks so much

excited to see what else you do :)
  • Options
    you guys are the best!
    THANK YOU!
    The beginning part - "THIS IS A ROCK N' ROLL CONCERT, NOT A TEA PARTY!" was a brilliant intro :lol:
    thanks so much

Thanks electric love! Can we get this post framed?! :lol:

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Many thanks and maximum Kudos to Cameron4President for putting all the work into the latest download collection - The Theory of Vitalogy. It's sounding really good to my ears, and none of these projects would have come to life had it not been for the enormous amount of effort and expertise Cameron4President has invested in them. I'm really really grateful, and appreciative, just wanted to say that!

Thank you so much for your praise Tremors, but I could not do these projects wihtout the help of you and Myra. Honestly I can not do this without the help of everybody that gave us all of these amazing suggestions. In short, these projects are done by the people, for the people. :D

I can't wait until our next project. We are going to raise the bar a little higher each time.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    wow thanks!!

You are very welcome, I hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    you guys are the best!
    THANK YOU!
    thanks so much

Thanks, I am glad that you are enjoying them.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Thank you so much for your praise Tremors, but I could not do these projects wihtout the help of you and Myra. Honestly I can not do this without the help of everybody that gave us all of these amazing suggestions. In short, these projects are done by the people, for the people. :D

I can't wait until our next project. We are going to raise the bar a little higher each time.

Well you do all the hard work and keep the thing on track!! I guess we help to steer it too. Has been good to have a few heads to bounce ideas off - especially since people's preferences are so personal. It's great when we reach an agreement though! This past two days I have run through Backspacer Live, Ten 'Now', and the Theory of Vitalogy - all sounding great!!

Yes looking forward to the next one now, after a little breather :D

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Well you do all the hard work and keep the thing on track!! I guess we help to steer it too. Has been good to have a few heads to bounce ideas off - especially since people's preferences are so personal. It's great when we reach an agreement though! This past two days I have run through Backspacer Live, Ten 'Now', and the Theory of Vitalogy - all sounding great!!

Yes looking forward to the next one now, after a little breather :D

Who, I mean what did you say about the next project? ;)
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Disc%2B2.jpg

Latest Download: The Theory of Vitalogy (26.11.2010)

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... alogy.html

Hi!

With help from other board members, Cameron4President and I have been putting some time into compiling a series of MP3 collections that pull together 'Live' versions of a Pearl Jam studio album. The challenge has been to select some great live performances which capture the mood or sound of an era, whilst also working well together and flowing as a single 'album'. Cameron4President and I are very pleased with the albums we have put together so far; and we have been working on them here on the message board as a kind of 'long-distance' online collaborative project.

I think Cameron4President deserves some serious credit for leading on this - making the general idea a reality, putting in a lot of time, gathering together and selecting a lot of alternative live versions, creating artwork, uploading them, and hosting them on his bootlegs blog:

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com

He has produced some great collections we can all listen to, share, discuss and enjoy.

Having just completed 'Ten Live: Then and Now', I thought it would be good to present you with the download links all in one place – for those who are interested in listening. This concept may not appeal to everyone, but we think it works well. No doubt there are better versions which would have worked great together and produced something different, so if you are interested in a making suggestions on future projects, feel free to participate – since we have been making the decisions together here online, based on the feedback posted on the board.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are the links to the projects so far:

'Mixed Metaphor: Backspacer Live'

Backspacer+Live7.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... pacer.html

(Our first collaborative project – we tried to find strong performances which captured the raw energy of the recent tour, and include some cracking versions of some of the Backspacer songs which may not be so popular amongst Backspacer doubters. Have a listen and see what you think of this alternative version of the album. A different show for each song, some choice covers as bonus material to round things off. Dedicated to Dr Stip Zoidberg off of Red Mosquito!)

'Turpentine and Nepotism: Vs. live'

Vs+Live6.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... -live.html

(A difficult project to work on, particularly due to the strength of the famous 'Fox' Atlanta broadcast. We took the Fox as the core of the project, and added performances from the Vs era which we thought sounded good, captured the times, and still work together as a listenable album. A barnstorming collection! Vs-era covers as bonus tracks.)

'Ten Live: Then and Now'

Disc%2B1.jpg

Disc 1 ('Then')

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... isc-1.html

Disc 2 ('Now')

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... isc-2.html

(Cameron4President's idea to put side by side performances from the Ten era, with those from the recent backspacer tour. It's interesting to hear how far we've come. Disc one is a 'Live Ten' from the Ten era, with Dave A on drums, Disc two is today's lineup, with Matt Cameron showing his qualities, and drawing from the 2009 / 2010 Backspacer shows. Two very different listening experiences...... Intense!!)

'The Theory of Vitalogy'

The%2BTheory%2Bof%2BVitalogy.jpg

(Given that it was never going to be possible to recreate the studio album 'live' due to certain tracks never having played live, we followed Cameron4President's lead, and compiled a Vitalogy era collection known as 'The Theory of Vitalogy' which took some sounds, style and some atmosphere from the Self Pollution Radio broadcast (and those times). Kicking off with some swearing and an early 'Jack Irons' Chant – this collection takes the studio album tracklist as its backbone but messes it up a bit, draws heavily on live performances which showcase Jack Irons' memorable playing, and some key performances from the Self Pollution show. With a lot of input and help from other forum members, Myra joined the core team, and after much agonising about tracklist and songs, we have produced our favourite collection yet. A notable omission has been nothingman :( which partly bit the dust due to inferior sound quality in the performances from the selected era, and partly because we wanted to upset people! (joke!). Hope you enjoy!)

Warning: Features explicit content on several occasions. ;)

I will update this page with more links if we put together any more collections. Feel free to join in in the future with song selections or feedback on how the mix is working out. The more input the better, and the more interesting the project is to work on.....

:D

BUMP

Some music to get you through the week :D
  • Options
    Your studio albums 'live' are amazing! Great job:)

The first I listened to was Ten Live: Then and Now and I must admit that I enjoyed it so much I couldn't move on to the other ones;) I like The Theory of Vitology as well. It's really cool that you included all these covers and extra stuff. I 'm rather a new PJ fan- I discovered some great versions of many songs thanks to you guys!
    Can't wait to hear your next projects:)
    Darkness comes in waves,... tell me, why invite it to stay?
  • Options
    mocik wrote:

The first I listened to was Ten Live: Then and Now and I must admit that I enjoyed it so much I couldn't move on to the other ones;) I like The Theory of Vitology as well. It's really cool that you included all these covers and extra stuff. I 'm rather a new PJ fan- I discovered some great versions of many songs thanks to you guys!

Thanks - I'm coming to wonder if these collections will work better for 'newer' fans, because the old hands who know all the live material might be asking 'why have they included *this* version over *that* one?' I guess our defence to this would be to say we're trying our best to get something that people can listen to all the way through, like an album, and 'join in next time!'. Cameron4President does run a tight ship though, so sometimes ruthless and unpopular decisions are taken :lol:

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Cameron4President does run a tight ship though, so sometimes ruthless and unpopular decisions are taken :lol:

Hey, I heard that. :lol:
  • Options
    mocik wrote:

You are very welcome, and thank you for the kind words. Tremors, Myra, and myself do theses projects with the hope that others will enjoy them and get something out of them. I know that I can speak for them and say that we are thrilled to see responses like yours. We have a few more of these projects planned in the coming months, so keep your eyes open and feel free to make suggestions on them. Thanks..
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Disc%2B2.jpg

Hi!

With help from other board members, Cameron4President and I have been putting some time into compiling a series of MP3 collections that pull together 'Live' versions of a Pearl Jam studio album. The challenge has been to select some great live performances which capture the mood or sound of an era, whilst also working well together and flowing as a single 'album'. Cameron4President and I are very pleased with the albums we have put together so far; and we have been working on them here on the message board as a kind of 'long-distance' online collaborative project.

I think Cameron4President deserves some serious credit for leading on this - making the general idea a reality, putting in a lot of time, gathering together and selecting a lot of alternative live versions, creating artwork, uploading them, and hosting them on his bootlegs blog:

He has produced some great collections we can all listen to, share, discuss and enjoy.

Having just completed 'Ten Live: Then and Now', I thought it would be good to present you with the download links all in one place – for those who are interested in listening. This concept may not appeal to everyone, but we think it works well. No doubt there are better versions which would have worked great together and produced something different, so if you are interested in a making suggestions on future projects, feel free to participate – since we have been making the decisions together here online, based on the feedback posted on the board.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Backspacer+Live7.jpg

(Our first collaborative project – we tried to find strong performances which captured the raw energy of the recent tour, and include some cracking versions of some of the Backspacer songs which may not be so popular amongst Backspacer doubters. Have a listen and see what you think of this alternative version of the album. A different show for each song, some choice covers as bonus material to round things off. Dedicated to Dr Stip Zoidberg off of Red Mosquito!)

Vs+Live6.jpg

(A difficult project to work on, particularly due to the strength of the famous 'Fox' Atlanta broadcast. We took the Fox as the core of the project, and added performances from the Vs era which we thought sounded good, captured the times, and still work together as a listenable album. A barnstorming collection! Vs-era covers as bonus tracks.)

Disc%2B1.jpg

Disc 1 ('Then')

Disc 2 ('Now')

(Cameron4President's idea to put side by side performances from the Ten era, with those from the recent backspacer tour. It's interesting to hear how far we've come. Disc one is a 'Live Ten' from the Ten era, with Dave A on drums, Disc two is today's lineup, with Matt Cameron showing his qualities, and drawing from the 2009 / 2010 Backspacer shows. Two very different listening experiences...... Intense!!)

'The Theory of Vitalogy'

(Given that it was never going to be possible to recreate the studio album 'live' due to certain tracks never having played live, we followed Cameron4President's lead, and compiled a Vitalogy era collection known as 'The Theory of Vitalogy' which took some sounds, style and some atmosphere from the Self Pollution Radio broadcast (and those times). Kicking off with some swearing and an early 'Jack Irons' Chant – this collection takes the studio album tracklist as its backbone but messes it up a bit, draws heavily on live performances which showcase Jack Irons' memorable playing, and some key performances from the Self Pollution show. With a lot of input and help from other forum members, Myra joined the core team, and after much agonising about tracklist and songs, we have produced our favourite collection yet. A notable omission has been nothingman :( which partly bit the dust due to inferior sound quality in the performances from the selected era, and partly because we wanted to upset people! (joke!). Hope you enjoy!)

I will update this page with more links if we put together any more collections. Feel free to join in in the future with song selections or feedback on how the mix is working out. The more input the better, and the more interesting the project is to work on.....

BUMP for the middle of the week. :lol:Got compilations if you need them.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Cameron4President does run a tight ship though, so sometimes ruthless and unpopular decisions are taken :lol:

;)

Right from the beginning with these projects you have been really good at 'cutting through the crap' to make sure we actually get somewhere. I think without *some* editorial control we would still be going round and round the possible tracklist for Backspacer Live, and nobody would have got to listen to any music!! I think that having a few of us contributing is great though, because everybody has quite different taste in what they like to listen to, so when we do reach an agreement, it is often a sign that we have found a good version etc.

Cameron4President, I reckon you're starting to get itchy for the next project already....... am I right!!??

:lol:

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

;)

Right from the beginning with these projects you have been really good at 'cutting through the crap' to make sure we actually get somewhere. I think without *some* editorial control we would still be going round and round the possible tracklist for Backspacer Live, and nobody would have got to listen to any music!! I think that having a few of us contributing is great though, because everybody has quite different taste in what they like to listen to, so when we do reach an agreement, it is often a sign that we have found a good version etc.

Cameron4President, I reckon you're starting to get itchy for the next project already....... am I right!!??

:lol:

I "reckon" :D that I am getting very itchy to start the next project. Should we announce it tomorrow? Are my partners ready to work next week or would they like another week off?
  • Options
    Great stuff.
    But damn. Work on those graphics. Invert? Really...

But yeah. Great selections!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Great stuff.
    But damn. Work on those graphics. Invert? Really...

But yeah. Great selections!

Is it the graphics or the music that you wanted to download? Really... Stop complaining about stupid shit.
  • Options

I "reckon" :D that I am getting very itchy to start the next project. Should we announce it tomorrow? Are my partners ready to work next week or would they like another week off?

Whatever you reckon oh Capitan!

• Options
    Is it the graphics or the music that you wanted to download?
    Haven't decided.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Is it the graphics or the music that you wanted to download?
    Haven't decided.

Well if that's the case, then I will make the graphics to the next project just a plain drawing of a stick figure on a white background and dedicate it to (you) all of the people who sit behind their computer and complain about the free things that people give them.

Thanks for downloading the music (and the Graphics), I am glad that you enjoyed them!
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Disc%2B2.jpg

Hi!

Backspacer+Live7.jpg

Vs+Live6.jpg

Disc%2B1.jpg

Disc 1 ('Then')

Disc 2 ('Now')

'The Theory of Vitalogy'

Music for the weekend!!
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    Disc%2B2.jpg

Hi!

Backspacer+Live7.jpg

Vs+Live6.jpg

Disc%2B1.jpg

Disc 1 ('Then')

Disc 2 ('Now')

'The Theory of Vitalogy'

Music for the weekend!!

Bump

I think Cameron4President will be outlining the next project later today.... :D

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    Disc%2B2.jpg

Hi!

Backspacer+Live7.jpg

Vs+Live6.jpg

Disc%2B1.jpg

Disc 1 ('Then')

Disc 2 ('Now')

'The Theory of Vitalogy'

Music for the weekend!!

Bump

I think Cameron4President will be outlining the next project later today.... :D

Project #5 - The Songs of The Who
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=144873
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Kids Are Alright: The Songs of The Who

TKAACover.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... f-who.html

(Keeping things short and snappy - just like the Who - This 14 song collection takes us on a tour of Who 'covers', sequenced in the order in which songs were written (Who said rock and roll can't be educational?). Another favourite of ours.... the sound quality is high, the performances are tight, the mood is good. This is a little different from some of the other PJ Who compilations floating around out there - we didn't want to duplicate those, and tried to come up with something a bit special, drawing on the help and suggestions from the message board. These versions feature no musicians other than the members of Pearl Jam. Another rocking slice of of music to download in time for Xmas!! Enjoy!)

(Front page updated)
    Post edited by tremors on

• Options
    tremors wrote:

TKAACover.jpg

(Keeping things short and snappy - just like the Who - This 14 song collection takes us on a tour of Who 'covers' from both Pearl Jam and Ed Ved, sequenced in the order in which songs were written (Who said rock and roll can't be educational?). Another favourite of ours.... the sound quality is very high, the performances are tight, the mood is good. This is a little different from some of the other PJ Who compilations floating around out there - we didn't want to duplicate those, and tried to come up with something a bit special, drawing on the help and suggestions from the message board. These versions feature no musicians other than the members of Pearl Jam. Another rocking slice of of music to download in time for Xmas!! Enjoy!)

(Front page updated)
    Some weekend rock!!!
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

TKAACover.jpg

(Keeping things short and snappy - just like the Who - This 14 song collection takes us on a tour of Who 'covers' from both Pearl Jam and Ed Ved, sequenced in the order in which songs were written (Who said rock and roll can't be educational?). Another favourite of ours.... the sound quality is very high, the performances are tight, the mood is good. This is a little different from some of the other PJ Who compilations floating around out there - we didn't want to duplicate those, and tried to come up with something a bit special, drawing on the help and suggestions from the message board. These versions feature no musicians other than the members of Pearl Jam. Another rocking slice of of music to download in time for Xmas!! Enjoy!)

(Front page updated)
    Some weekend rock!!!

http://www.rockandmuthafuckingroll.com

• Options
    goatgoat Posts: 90
    Very nice, thanks for putting this together.
    San Diego 10/25/00, 6/5/03, 7/7/06, 10/9/09, 11/21/13 LA 10/1/09, 11/23/13 VH1 Rock Honors 7/17/08, Hawaii 12/9/06 Bridge School 10/23/10, 10/23/11 EV 4/15/08, 4/16/08, 7/5/11, 7/8/11