tattoos.

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,995
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
whos got em and what are they. post pics please.

in process right now on my thirteenth. variation of the sacred heart theme.
5176357986_ce35f1d743.jpg
tattoo by mickeyrat, on Flickr

finished product. healing nicely
5225349370_f4f3189877_m.jpg
110 by mickeyrat, on Flickr
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Have the design, know where I want it. Just been too chicken to get it done yet.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,995
    Claireack wrote:
    Have the design, know where I want it. Just been too chicken to get it done yet.
    you have a child , is that right?

I've never been through child birth , but it doesnt equate. minimal pain for a lifetime of pleasure in the art that s carried with you.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    edited November 2010
    Have 8 (one cover-up)

Went to talk to an artist last week about re-tooling and getting a sleeve done

I'm sure it cant compare to childbirth. The longest sitting was 4 hours for my back and I still honor the pain that women endure.
    Post edited by Given to... on
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

I've never been through child birth , but it doesnt equate. minimal pain for a lifetime of pleasure in the art that s carried with you.

Yes, have a boy and that did hurt quite a bit (OK a lot), maybe in the new year (I am a real scaredy cat).
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

actually I hear it depends on where you get it...my back tat did not hurt...felt like someone was using a mechanical pencil to scratch a design into my skin. My friend got a huge tribal black line design on her ankle...she squeezed my hand so hard I almost cried. A few girls I know said their wrist tat hurt too.
    Right now I'm trying to find a good artist, I don't want to go to the seedy biker place again... anybody in the Seattle area know of one?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    4and20 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

actually I hear it depends on where you get it...my back tat did not hurt...felt like someone was using a mechanical pencil to scratch a design into my skin. My friend got a huge tribal black line design on her ankle...she squeezed my hand so hard I almost cried. A few girls I know said their wrist tat hurt too.
    Right now I'm trying to find a good artist, I don't want to go to the seedy biker place again... anybody in the Seattle area know of one?
    I think that's true, but also it depends on the person. I got a big one on my back, between and on my shoulder blades, and it did not feel good at all. I got one on my upper arm just below my shoulder and I barely felt it.
    it does depend on where you get it. some areas of skin are far more sensitive than others. This current one stings a lot more than some others. THAT could be attributed to the fact that I was stone cold sober for this one. In addition its in an area that doesn't take a lot of abuse, and so the skin is more tender. inside of the wrists, inside crook of the elbow are a couple examples.

• mickeyrat wrote:

Sweet!!!
    I was hoping you posted it...
    Never had one... not getting one. But I think they are cool.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    3 but no photos
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dam kid got the whole teen wolf thing going on :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    mickeyrat wrote:

Sweet!!!
    I was hoping you posted it...
    Never had one... not getting one. But I think they are cool.
    thanks, there'll be more to come and some retouches of some older ones. had most of them for 15 years plus. Its time to give new life. After finishing this one though is the memorial tat for my dad. real simple. snare drum with a pair of broken drumsticks and perhaps a black drape over the drum. maybe broken notes hovering above.

yeah I stay warm in the winter and sweat my ass off in summer. people have said "why dont you shave"? ok, where do I start and more important where do I stop? :think: :think: :think: :problem: :wtf:

mickeyrat wrote:
    yeah I stay warm in the winter and sweat my ass off in summer. people have said "why dont you shave"? ok, where do I start and more important where do I stop? :think: :think: :think: :problem: :wtf:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2jnECUgS5c
    Skip to about 7 minutes ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2jnECUgS5c
    Skip to about 7 minutes ;)
    love it!!! hehhehe

some women dont mind. find they are the coolest around!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    love it!!! hehhehe

apparently is not 'the coolest around'
    >

"you don't grow grass on a playground dear" :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    love it!!! hehhehe

>

no not on a slip and slide!!! :mrgreen:

but really, I cant see the back hair so it's not there right?

mickeyrat wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    love it!!! hehhehe

>

Could a woman with a moustache say the same thing? :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    >

Could a woman with a moustache say the same thing? :lol:
    only one with a huge nose!!

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Claireack wrote:
    me too.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I've got three. Nice thread, I'd like to post pictures later, so I will.

I have a couple ideas for some new tattoos...however, they're not exactly ont he top of my list of things to take care of financially. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Both of mine, the one on my arm should be fairly obvious...

http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr277/Rygarnine/?action=view&current=tattoos.jpg
    Rygar wrote:

http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr277/Rygarnine/?action=view&current=tattoos.jpg
    sweet!! Is that a door knocker on your back? :mrgreen: Seriously , whats the meaning behind that one? Good work. Your artist is tops!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

sweet!! Is that a door knocker on your back? :mrgreen: Seriously , whats the meaning behind that one? Good work. Your artist is tops!!
    Ha!
    It is a symbol from Final Fantasy 7. The artist was recommended by felllow 10 clubber Mookie Blaylock who I haven't seen round these parts in some time.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

i found the pain from tattooing to be just a little bit erotic.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Hmmm....that makes me wonder where on your body your tattoo is... :mrgreen:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    tattoos
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    tattoos

tattooS are?
    Boo Boo wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    tattoos

tattooS are?
    arms & chest

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    tattoos

tattooS are?
    arms & chest

LOL..carefrancis has tattoos on her arms and chest? :lol:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    LOL..carefrancis has tattoos on her arms and chest? :lol:
    sleeves and grandpa.
    what about catefrances?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."