127 hours

2»

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I saw it, and it was pretty good.

Went a bit crazy in parts, but that was due to him losing his mind etc. So As long as viewers are aware that is what these loopy periods are then they should enjoy it.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Saw it the other week. It was a good film. Had an unfortunate moment when just after he'd cut off his arm my husband blacked out on the way to the toilet - nothing to do with the arm thing, but because of the timing everyone thought it was.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,688
    Just saw the trailer a couple of days ago, looks awesome. Until I had seen the trailer, never heard of it. I would like to read the book as well. Whats the title of it? Love reading about true stuff.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I think 'Between a rock and a hard place' by Aron Rolston.
  • franco is definitely a pretty cool guy. im a huge james dean fan and he's one of the few people who has played dean and actually looks like him too.

The scene at the end where he sees the vision of his future son brought tears to my eyes. beautiful scene
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    This movie is awesome. Fucking brilliant. And a much better story then into the wild. At least Aron had some idea what he was doing and didn't just decided to go wander around unprepared and end up dead. Sure he was a bit reckless, but really what are the odds of getting trapped like that?

As for people passing out in cinemas and shit, I don't get. Like you see a million times worse in most movies these days, is it because they know it really happened that freaks them out?? Cause you can go see a horror movie or even just the average war movie or anything with a little bit of violence and see way worse shit then that.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Just watched it... absolutely fuckin amazing! IMO it just shat all over black swan, the kings speech, the fighter! It's the kinda complete film that I love, best film since Inception. They should both win all the oscars. Seriously bloody well loved it! :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    i have just started reading the book. i never read books. but it was that good i needed more.

what i love, about the book, is after the dude cuts his arm off he takes the time to stand back and take a photo of his severed arm still stuck in the rock. that is fucking hard core.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Just saw it last night.. pretty fucking awesome!
    That was one of the most difficult things that I could imagine ever having to do.
    I felt like jumping up and down at the end.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    watched it this weekend...awesome movie!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Just saw the trailer a couple of days ago, looks awesome. Until I had seen the trailer, never heard of it. I would like to read the book as well. Whats the title of it? Love reading about true stuff.

I think the book would be much better than the movie. I thought the movie was OK. Definitely didn't like it as much as most others here. Cool story, OK movie...I'd guess the book is excellent

This bothered me...when he first got stuck he took his watch off with his teeth. Then a few minutes later in the movie his watch was back on his wrist. I know that sometimes I have trouble putting my watch on with two hands. I don't see how he could have gotten his watch back on his wrist with one of his hands trapped under a boulder. Anyone else notice this or am I crazy?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think the book would be much better than the movie. I thought the movie was OK. Definitely didn't like it as much as most others here. Cool story, OK movie...I'd guess the book is excellent

This bothered me...when he first got stuck he took his watch off with his teeth. Then a few minutes later in the movie his watch was back on his wrist. I know that sometimes I have trouble putting my watch on with two hands. I don't see how he could have gotten his watch back on his wrist with one of his hands trapped under a boulder. Anyone else notice this or am I crazy?

i can put a watch on with just my teeth ... i would say it's not too difficult ...
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Finally got around to this last weekend.

I'm just gonna say that it was so good, it's now vaulted into my top 10 movies ever. Period. It's that good.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    just saw this recently. Am I the only one that didnt care for it all that much? I think i had it built up too much in my head but it just fell way short of my expectations. I respect the creative direction of the movie with all of the flashbacks and/or premonitions but I just thought it was too drawn out. I think the whole accident occured too early on and there was too much focus on him stuck under the rock (even though that's the whole premise of the film). Oh well, just my two cents. Maybe It'll grow on me after another viewing.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    just saw this recently. Am I the only one that didnt care for it all that much? I think i had it built up too much in my head but it just fell way short of my expectations. I respect the creative direction of the movie with all of the flashbacks and/or premonitions but I just thought it was too drawn out. I think the whole accident occured too early on and there was too much focus on him stuck under the rock (even though that's the whole premise of the film). Oh well, just my two cents. Maybe It'll grow on me after another viewing.

I'm with you. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10. Worth watching, but nothing special.

Cool story, boring movie
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    The Fixer wrote:

Cool story, boring movie

**Spoiler**
    I agree with you both, althought I said it was awesome. I think it was awesome for the insight as to what he went through, and the courage he needed to do what he did. It was different, and you definitely have to be in the mood for this type of thing. The DVD sat on my TV for weeks waiting for the right time to watch it.

But as far as a typical movie is concerned, there really wasnt much of a story, little character interation because thats all that was involved, and it was drawn out. but it was still amazing for what it was. The end made me want to celebrate.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    The Fixer wrote:

Cool story, boring movie

**Spoiler**
    I agree with you both, althought I said it was awesome. I think it was awesome for the insight as to what he went through, and the courage he needed to do what he did. It was different, and you definitely have to be in the mood for this type of thing. The DVD sat on my TV for weeks waiting for the right time to watch it.

But as far as a typical movie is concerned, there really wasnt much of a story, little character interation because thats all that was involved, and it was drawn out. but it was still amazing for what it was. The end made me want to celebrate.

that's a good summary. as I mentioned, I bet the book is awesome
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,688
    Watched it the other day, thought it was decent and I think and enjoyable first watch for anyone, but not in a real hurry to see it again. Amazing story though, couldn't even imagine doing what he did
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2