Options

Can Kanye please shutup...

StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
edited November 2010 in Other Music
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/51942/232457

Kanye West is pissed. Not, this time, at George Bush, but at Today Show host Matt Lauer, who interviewed the star Wednesday morning. In the interview, Kanye backpedals on his notorious 2005 statement that Bush "doesn't care about black people," saying he "didn't have the grounds" to call Bush racist after Hurricane Katrina, and the former president said he appreciates West's sentiment. (Bush appeared live on the show, while West's interview was pre-recorded.)

Watch: Kanye West's Surprise Visit to Rolling Stone

Asked for his reaction to West's comment, Bush says (mispronouncing Kanye's name twice): "I appreciate that. It wasn't just 'Conway' West who was talking like that during Katrina. I cited him as an example [in my new book, Decision Points], I cited others as an example as well, and I appreciate that."

Asked if the statement allows him to forgive West, Bush — who called Kanye's comments the low point of his presidency — said, "Absolutely, of course it does. I'm not a hater, I didn't hate 'Conway' West. But I was talking about an environment in which people were willing to say things that hurt. Nobody wants to be called a racist if in your heart you believe in equality of race."

While Kanye's appearance on the show was brief, he fired off a series of angry tweets after the interview late Tuesday, saying that he did not appreciate the way he was treated by Lauer.

Read Rob Sheffield's Five-Star Review of Kanye's New Album

"Man I'm heading to Abu Dhabi finna go to Ferrari Land YESSSS!!! ....but before I take off let me tell you how they did me at the Today show," West tweeted. "I went up there to express how I was empathetic to Bush because I labeled him a racist and years later I got labeled as a racist. While I was trying to give the interview they started playing the 'MTV' under me with audio!!!!!!! I don't mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show ... and that's a very nice way for me to put it! HE TRIED TO FORCE MY ANSWERS. IT WAS VERY BRUTAL AND I CAME THERE WITH ONLY POSITIVE INTENT. I feel very alone very used very tortured very forced very misunderstood very hollow very very misused. I don't trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda. I don't do press anymore. I can't be everything to everybody anymore. I can't be everybody's hero and villain savior and sinner Christian and anti Christ!"

He continued: "I can't take anymore advice. I create, I'm creative, I have a good heart, everyone will see and understand one day. Everything sounds like noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE NOISE!!!!!!! I don't trust anyone! Very judged very scrutinized very criticized! I want everyone to know I have lows all the time but I make it through them! Yo I really wonder if Matt Lauer thought that shit was cool to play the 'MTV' clip while I was speaking about Bush? He played clips of Bush and asked me to look at his face while I was trying to talk to him. I wish Michael Jackson had twitter!!!!!! Maybe Mike could have explained how the media tried to set him up!!! It's all a fucking set up!!!! This is rock and roll life my people... you can't stop the truth you can't stop the music and I have to be strong or 'they' win!!!! . Sometimes it's not simple, some days it's not easy... I just want to create. I love you guys, thanks for the support!"

Will this guy ever shutup? I don't even understand what the hell he is saying here. I'm just really sick of this act from him, enough already. I never saw Kanye as the genius lots of people (including himself) see him as. Sure, his first two albums were good hip-hop albums, and he kind of swayed hip-hop away from gangster rap, but I've grown so tired of his act I hate seeing or hearing him anywhere.
MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    if only he had said matt was glib
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    When doesn't he shut up?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    " I feel very alone very used very tortured very forced very misunderstood very hollow very very misused. I don't trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda. I don't do press anymore."

Guy is a complete Jackass.
    We know, We know, We know. You don't do press anymore. Then why do you never shut up??
    :roll:
  • Options
    "Everything sounds like noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE NOISE!!!!!!! "

That's what I say whenever I hear one a Kanye West song on the radio :D
  • Options
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,690
    Kanye is like an endless tap of useless gibberish and bat shit crazy nonsense...

Don't even get me started on his contribution to the destruction of art,music, and culture...

I say send the fucker on a one way shuttle to Mars...

Send him along with Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Courtney Love, John Mayer, and Glen Beck....That way nobody on earth would ever have to be subjected to the vomit inducing nonsense spewed from these shit farmers ever again.

Godspeed.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Kanye is like an endless tap of useless gibberish and bat shit crazy nonsense...

Don't even get me started on his contribution to the destruction of art,music, and culture...

Send him along with Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Courtney Love, John Mayer, and Glen Beck....That way nobody on earth would ever have to be subjected to the vomit inducing nonsense spewed from these shit farmers ever again.

Godspeed.

:clap::clap:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

Godspeed.

8-)
    please
    don't hold back
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    matt lauer acted in an unprofessional manner. the two things kanye objected to, the playing of clips while he was talking and the manner in which lauer told him to answer was enough for him to be justifiably upset.

What kind of ethical or professionalism is exhibited by lauer in telling kanye to LOOK at Bush's face? I mean really? By even suggesting he do that, tleling kanye to do that, he is taking a side in the debate which he is free to do, but i dont think you should do that on the air.

Does Lauer tell other interviewees to LOOK at the face of other people? When he interviewed Bush a few days ago did he tell bush to look at the face of war widows who lost spouses in the wars? It was flat out unethical and unprofessional.

Kanye came on the show to move on. Thats clearly why he showed up. By even playing the clips, of the MTV incident, they are negating his point. Whats the use of Kanye telling people to move on if while he's doing that, they PLAY THE CLIP OF HIM ON MTV?

Kanye shouldnt have run on stage to interrupt taylor, but that whole thing was WAY overblown. Mos Def told kanye to leave the country. Really? All because he interupted someones speech at an award ceremony? REALLY?

I support Kanye. I wrote an e-mail to NBC demanding Lauer be fined.

Most unprofessional interview ive ever seen.
  • Options
    So Kanye isnt the one that should shut up. He got his payback or karma for interupting Taylors speech. He got a year of REALLY bad press,culminating in it getting so bad he left the country.

Lets move on people. Even Taylor forgives him. Whats the deal here?
  • Options
    so how long is he going to have to pay for the taylor swift incident? He made a mistake. He admitted that on both accounts, the bush comment and the taylor interuption. He made a mistake, 2 of them. How long are people going to fault him for these 2 things? If he does something in the future deserving of bad press fine, but whats the use

I feel sorry for the guy. The taylor incident affected him more than we will ever know, its quite clear from the inerviews he's done since then, it truely changed him. So are we really gonna keep nailing this guy to the cross everytime his name is brought up.

Can we all learn a little from kanye's message and MOVE THE HELL ON!
  • Options
    if anything its lauer that should be lambasted. You think he really grilled bush about starting a war based on lies that ended up costing the lives

Did he even really talk to bush about that? And if the answer is no, then isnt lauer deserving of WAY more anger than kanye

Lauer should be fired based on that alone
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ... I feel very alone very used very tortured very forced very misunderstood very hollow very very misused. I don't trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda. I don't do press anymore. I can't be everything to everybody anymore. I can't be everybody's hero and villain savior and sinner Christian and anti Christ!"

yeah i feel for you conway.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

I feel sorry for the guy. The taylor incident affected him more than we will ever know, its quite clear from the inerviews he's done since then, it truely changed him. So are we really gonna keep nailing this guy to the cross everytime his name is brought up.
    Why feel sorry for him for that? I feel sorry for ONE person in that incident, and that's Taylor Swift.I've made my mistakes, and I have to live with them. He should too.I think he showed a lot about his character in that moment. He's very talented, but he seems to be VERY out of touch with reality.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    He's very talented, but he seems to be VERY out of touch with reality.

Most musical geniuses are. :lol:

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yeah but its one thing if he wasnt called out on it. Its been over a year now since the taylor incident and that incident made headlines worldwide. and its still being talked about. I started a kanye thread a couple days ago and people mentioned it, and the today show ran clips of it. Taylors moved on, she forgives kanye, kanye admitted he made a mistake...where exactly is the ongoing story part of it fit into it all? Why continually bash the guy for the incident?

People do insane things at award shows. ODB came onstage maybe drunk or high and interupted Shawn Colvin at the grammys and said "Wu tang is for the children". Did he get press for it? Yeah, but if he was alive today would he deserve to be grilled about it now? There was years between that incident and him passing away, he wasnt grilled on his actions.

Jarvis Cocker, is that his name, the lead singer of pulp or blur or something like that, protested Michael jackson getting an award because he felt he was a pedophile. is it brought up occasionally in interviews, yes, but do people focus on it completely when they think of him, no.

he interuppted a speech on MTV. Me thinks we have bigger issues at hand.

Are you suggesting to me for years kanye should have to endure the press demanding he account for the taylor incident and that it should continune to get ink and airtime?

kanye is egotastical. what else is new?
  • Options
    The certain lead singer of a band we all love is pretty damn outspoken as well. i find it hard to believe ed has never said ANYTHING that he regrets either from up on stage, or in a magazine. does he deserve to have it brought up in every interview? Does he deserve to feel so unwanted and feel so hated, that he feels the only option is to leave the country? Thats not right people.

If someone interupting a speech on mtv is something that gets you THAT upset as to brand kanye a jerk or worse, well you got problems my friends
  • Options

Why feel sorry for him for that? I feel sorry for ONE person in that incident, and that's Taylor Swift.I've made my mistakes, and I have to live with them. He should too.I think he showed a lot about his character in that moment. He's very talented, but he seems to be VERY out of touch with reality.

i feel sorry for kanye because the media uproar and outrage that came out of the incident was not balanced with the magnitude of the incident. This was a guy who came onstage as taylor was speaker, took the mic from her, and said he felt beyonce deserved the award and not taylor. thats it..thats all that happened. to contnually act like the guy is the devil personified over a year later, is beyond absurd, and it surprises me more people on here arent at least sympathetic to his plight post taylor swift.

forget your opinion of him in general, this incident alone, and the media response to it was outrageous. it didnt need to be covered to the extent that it was.

people act like he went on stage and undressed and did some lewd act or something. he went onstage and said someone else deserved the award. end of story. period.
  • Options
    kanye-gayfish-425x310.png
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    i feel sorry for kanye because the media uproar and outrage that came out of the incident was not balanced with the magnitude of the incident. This was a guy who came onstage as taylor was speaker, took the mic from her, and said he felt beyonce deserved the award and not taylor. thats it..thats all that happened. to contnually act like the guy is the devil personified over a year later, is beyond absurd, and it surprises me more people on here arent at least sympathetic to his plight post taylor swift.

forget your opinion of him in general, this incident alone, and the media response to it was outrageous. it didnt need to be covered to the extent that it was.

people act like he went on stage and undressed and did some lewd act or something. he went onstage and said someone else deserved the award. end of story. period.
    It did not deserve it, but that's the world we live in.. Shit gets blown out of proportion. It's not like his career went down the drain, he lost a lot of casual fans, but nobody is burning Kanye records.

And IMO, he went on-stage and was a complete jackass. Come on, admit he was a jackass?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options

Are you Kanye's brother or something?

Why in the hell would you ever feel sorry for him? He made a choice to upstage someone and perform one of the most classless acts I've seen at an awards show, if not the most. As far as I'm concerned, he deserved everything he had coming for him.

Taylor will never get that moment back. Never. Why aren't we feeling sorry for her? A young kid who won her first MTV award (a big deal for someone in pop music), had it taken away by someone who for too long thought he was bigger than music, and bigger than any room he entered.

Put the pom-poms down and please stop downplaying what he did.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    [/quote]

Are you Kanye's brother or something?

Why in the hell would you ever feel sorry for him? He made a choice to upstage someone and perform one of the most classless acts I've seen at an awards show, if not the most. As far as I'm concerned, he deserved everything he had coming for him.

Taylor will never get that moment back. Never. Why aren't we feeling sorry for her? A young kid who won her first MTV award (a big deal for someone in pop music), had it taken away by someone who for too long thought he was bigger than music, and bigger than any room he entered.

Put the pom-poms down and please stop downplaying what he did.[/quote]

so in the last year and change that has gone by since the incident, he hasnt recieved any negative press? You make it sound like he raped someone and has to pay or something. The incident was in september of 2009. is november of 2010 last time i checked. When is the statute of limitatons up on this one? Kanye apologized. I even heard he called taylor, and talked to her AND her mother. Taylor forgave him and wrote a song on her new album about him, where she seemed to say he did something wrong, but that it was a mistake and that she even sort of understands what he is gong through. So, what more can be done friend? if taylor forgives him and he's apoligized, what exactly can he do? He messed up at an awards show. The media uproar about it MORE than made up for it. With the president even calling Kanye a bad name.

I dont think I or anyone else downplayed what he did. He paid for it. I think from the sounds of it, he has had to deal with people who feel he did wrong, and dont just say so on a message board, they actually say it to him face to face, enough to warrant him feeling like he couldnt stay in america anymore.

Im not his cheerleader. If you can read at all I called him an egoist, but i also think the punishment should fit the crime. Calling taylor and apoligizing, and apoligizing to her mom Im sure were not easy things to do, and Im sure that was pretty incomfortable for kanye. But he did it, and taylor seems to feel it was a genuine apology.

Lil Mama came onstage during the Jay and Alicia Empire song and interupted their routine. Jay and Alicia were upset, and they talked about it in the press, but Lil Mamas actions didnt recieve the same amount of press. Why? Is Lil Mama's career now totally defined by her actions? And do you think Jay and Alicia sit up at night worrying about that night?

I live in a world where you cant erase your actions. I dont know of a way to turn back time, and have taylor swift get to give her speech uninterupted, and have kanye stay in his seat and not say anything, not go onstage. There is no way for us to alter what happened. It happened. The offender saw he did wrong, apoligized, and the wronged party accepted said apology and seemed to even feel sorry for him. What are we hoping for beyond that people? What can be done?

He made a mistake and was sharply and widely criticized, he made amends, he was forgiven and he tried to move on. I dont get the ongoing nature of this as I said. What about it smacks of not forgiving kanye and not letting him live his life without bringing up what happened?

People act dumb at award shows. They get drunk or get high, they act stupid. You ever seen an awards show on MTV? This was maybe the most watched awards show of the entire decade because of this incident. People make outrageous jokes and push the line.

Its one thing to tell me that taylor was still hurting from this incident, or if kanye didnt reach out after the fact.

I refuse to bash the guy just because everyone else does. And I refuse to bash him for something so minor and for something that is such a non issue.

What can kanye do to alleviate this incident? Apologize? Check. Apologize to victims mother? Check. See error of ways and publicly admit they made a mistake? Check. Get the apology recognied and accepted by the victim? Check.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yeah not really seeing taylor swift as a victim here. some dumbarse comes onstage during her acceptance and makes an arse of himself. thats all that happened. no one was hurt. couldve done with some of that at the australian recording industry awards last weekend cause they were an absolute snoozefest. wheres our kanye australia, wheres our kanye??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    What can kanye do to alleviate this incident? Apologize? Check. Apologize to victims mother? Check. See error of ways and publicly admit they made a mistake? Check. Get the apology recognied and accepted by the victim? Check.[/quote]

Just because he passed your little checklist there, doesn't mean that people have to like him. It's everyone's own prerogative to either like the guy or not, I don't care that he apologized. That's great, he's still a jackass.

I thought that before the Taylor incident after he bitched every freakin' year he didn't win an award at the VMA's. The Taylor incident just made him look more like an idiot.

And of course he got negative press, and as I said before, well deserved. I don't feel bad that the guy had to run away out of the country, no one forced him out of here. He did that himself.

And as for what else does the man have to do? Nothing. I don't think he owes me anything. I just think the guy is a grade A wanker.
  • Options
    moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    Man this newsgroup should just officially change its name from the Ten Club Community to the Hate On Kanye Community. In terms of the whole Taylor Swift thing, Kanye really pissed me off and I think he was 100 percent wrong for doing it. I think he can be a jackass sometimes but that doesn't change the fact that his music is incredibly innovative considering how lame hip hop has become (if you don't believe me, check out his new album when it comes out in a couple weeks-it is a straight up classic!). What I think is real sad is that Kanye gets all this grief about the whole Taylor incident (which was a) on MTV and he basically pointed out how irrelevant and biased the awards are anyway and b)if anything it HELPED her career), but people like Chris Brown still have careers. Chris Brown got less villified for what he did. And let's be honest here-why has Chris Brown's brutal beating of Rihanna been largely forgiven and Kanye still gets crap for the Taylor incident? Maybe, just maybe because Kanye is a black male who cut off a nice, pretty, white girl who sings country music. We know the media is racist and biased and anyone who disagrees is naive-there have been countless examples of "missing white girl" syndrome. More importantly, in the greater scheme of things I don't care what he said about Bush or what he did to Taylor, I think the lamest thing her ever said or did was when he basically said that reading is stupid. But no one really cares about that-probably none of you anti-Kanyites registered that one. Kanye is a jerk-that's fine but just shut up about how much you hate him. All you are doing is giving him press. If you hate someone, why waste your time talking about them. He isn't wasting his time tweeting about YOU. It's simple if you don't like an artist, don't buy his music or watch his videos or read about them or whatever.
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • Options
    moses-i wrote:
    Man this newsgroup should just officially change its name from the Ten Club Community to the Hate On Kanye Community. In terms of the whole Taylor Swift thing, Kanye really pissed me off and I think he was 100 percent wrong for doing it. I think he can be a jackass sometimes but that doesn't change the fact that his music is incredibly innovative considering how lame hip hop has become (if you don't believe me, check out his new album when it comes out in a couple weeks-it is a straight up classic!). What I think is real sad is that Kanye gets all this grief about the whole Taylor incident (which was a) on MTV and he basically pointed out how irrelevant and biased the awards are anyway and b)if anything it HELPED her career), but people like Chris Brown still have careers. Chris Brown got less villified for what he did. And let's be honest here-why has Chris Brown's brutal beating of Rihanna been largely forgiven and Kanye still gets crap for the Taylor incident? Maybe, just maybe because Kanye is a black male who cut off a nice, pretty, white girl who sings country music. We know the media is racist and biased and anyone who disagrees is naive-there have been countless examples of "missing white girl" syndrome. More importantly, in the greater scheme of things I don't care what he said about Bush or what he did to Taylor, I think the lamest thing her ever said or did was when he basically said that reading is stupid. But no one really cares about that-probably none of you anti-Kanyites registered that one. Kanye is a jerk-that's fine but just shut up about how much you hate him. All you are doing is giving him press. If you hate someone, why waste your time talking about them. He isn't wasting his time tweeting about YOU. It's simple if you don't like an artist, don't buy his music or watch his videos or read about them or whatever.

How are you playing the race card when comparing Kanye's press versus Chris Browns? They're both black male artists, so is the media now picking and choosing when to be racist? Get real.

But you are right on by saying what Chris Brown did was much worse. It was much more disgusting, however the only thing I can think of as to why it wasn't covered the way it should have been is because it didn't occur in front of millions of viewers. People, still to this day, don't know what happened.
  • Options
    moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    You're forgetting that racism also applies to how people view the VICTIM. I was referring to the fact that the victims were of different race...not the perpetrator. Studies show that criminals are more likely to be found guilty and given harsher punishments/sentences when the victim of a crime was white rather than black-this is what I am suggesting happened here. And I am only pointing out the hypocrisy of media and suggesting a possible reason for it. I never said it was racism-I said it MAY be an explanation. Moreover, Kanye is also a more stereotypical representative of a "black male artist" than Chris Brown. So yes it is possible that they will portray him differently for that reason alone.

In terms of your explanation, maybe you're right. But just because it didn't happen on national TV doesn't mean we don't know what happened. We all saw the pictures; Chris Brown has admitted to it. It is not an ambiguous situation. Maybe the only issue is what she did to set him off. But really that's irrelevant as far as I am concerned.
    moses-i wrote:
    Man this newsgroup should just officially change its name from the T

How are you playing the race card when comparing Kanye's press versus Chris Browns? They're both black male artists, so is the media now picking and choosing when to be racist? Get real.
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • Options
    kanye is a genius. the new album will be album of the year on many lists. rolling stone gave it a rare 5 star review.
  • Options
    kanye is a genius. the new album will be album of the year on many lists. rolling stone gave it a rare 5 star review.
    I really think Eminem has the album of the year.
  • Options
    If it was just one incident then maybe people would have moved on but he makes an ass out of himself nearly every week. The guy is trying so hard :lol: