Options

Michael David McCready is the Jesus Christ of guitar playing

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,641
    Can we make a rule where if you only post the link to YouTube you have to also indicate what song and what show for those who are reading at work and YouTube is blocked (or for those who don't want to have to watch it or go to the YouTube website)? I would like this rule.
  • Options
    I think Jesus Christ is the Mike McCready of saviors.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Easties wrote:

Damn you and your unreferenced youtube links.
  • Options
    BlahBlah Posts: 469

Also, you might not find as much "trolling" if people on this board stop saying Mike is the "Jesus Christ" of guitar playing, or the "Jimi Hendrix of this century", or that Mike is better than Hendrix, Page, Van Halen, SRV, etc....

eVpoauR0.jpeg
  • Options
    Blah wrote:

Also, you might not find as much "trolling" if people on this board stop saying Mike is the "Jesus Christ" of guitar playing, or the "Jimi Hendrix of this century", or that Mike is better than Hendrix, Page, Van Halen, SRV, etc....

eVpoauR0.jpeg

Why is Jeff kicking Jesus?
  • Options
    andrewbandrewb Posts: 487
    Why hasn't anyone who is arguing on behalf of Mike just done this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2HTn_Ps ... re=related

Of The Earth - Dublin
    Case closed

and Immortality is excellent live
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    andrewb wrote:

Of The Earth - Dublin
    Case closed

a261272.jpg
  • Options
    Eilian wrote:
    Can't believe i'm risking it but,...

McCready's lengthy live noodling really annoys me.

I LOVE his contributions to the records, because they're considered and are nearly always as perfect a fit to the song as you could write. So then, when he strays from them to mindlessly, and often in my opinion uncomfortably fret wank his guitar for 20 minutes I can't wait for the vocals to kick back in.

I reckon some of the recorded solos are so amazing that playing anything different live is fucking mental,...Even Flow, Why Go, Immortality and Yellow Ledbetter spring to mind. Those solos are outstanding and the things he does live instead of them confuse me no end,...the live tone of Yellow Ledbetter is horrible and jarring compared to the recording also.

Stone however,...is ALWAYS bang on the money live.

If he played the same songs with the same notes, it would get real boring, real quick. Mr. McCready bleeds his emotions out through his fingers. He is not some dancing monkey that exists for your amusement.

Its like complaining that Jesus turned your water into a midget instead of wine.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    andrewb wrote:

Of The Earth - Dublin
    Case closed

and Immortality is excellent live
    +1..case closed
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Eilian wrote:

Truth be told i don't think he's as capable of improvisation as most people here do...and don't understand why he insists on trying.
    im still praying for you.. :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EilianEilian Posts: 276

If he played the same songs with the same notes, it would get real boring, real quick. Mr. McCready bleeds his emotions out through his fingers. He is not some dancing monkey that exists for your amusement.

Its like complaining that Jesus turned your water into a midget instead of wine.

Why would it get boring? Does it get boring when Vedder sticks note perfect and verbatim to the melodies he's written?

And as for people resting thier case on the Of the Earth performance,...if that song does make it to the next record i dearly hope that they reconsider everything past about 2minutes where it takes the most uncomfortable and ill fitting tangeant just to let McCready indulge himself.

Showing me videos of half way decent McCready improvs does not change the fact that it doesn't always serve the song to cavalierly noodle whatever comes to you,...in fact it's often to its detriment.
  • Options

I'll edit this analogy for it to make sense:

It's like complaining that Jesus keeps pissing in my water, when all I want is a drink.
  • Options
    i respect your opinion,,but for proove what u believe u just say random things about a great guitarist player..come on....the guy is just fuckin great..his tune and the way he plays is brilliant..
  • Options
    i respect your opinion,,but for proove what u believe u just say random things about a great guitarist player..come on....the guy is just fuckin great..his tune and the way he plays is brilliant..

Nothing about my posts in this thread have been random. I have cited specific solos, the live performances of which I take issue with. I have explained that I feel the songs could be better served if he was a little more disciplined. I have also expressed a love for his creativity when he stops and thinks about what he's doing.

I'm not getting into whether he's a better or worse player than anyone else, so really shouldn't have to 'proove' anything on the purely subjective matter of whether wanking your guitar off for 20 minutes is an appropriate substitute for some of your favourite recorded solos.
  • Options
    BlahBlah Posts: 469
  • Options
    Ummmm....yeah....except Mike really exists.

Love ya Mike.
  • Options
    sorry dude but...JIMMY PAGE is the Jesus Christ of guitar playing....Mike can't fuck with him.....McCready is definitely one of the apostles though.
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    nice vid Dimi! He is indead the greatist player in the world with the best band in the world
    The Jimmy Hendrix of this century....

ah no...Jimmy Hendrix is the Jimmy Hendrix of this century. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Eilian wrote:

Nothing about my posts in this thread have been random. I have cited specific solos, the live performances of which I take issue with. I have explained that I feel the songs could be better served if he was a little more disciplined. I have also expressed a love for his creativity when he stops and thinks about what he's doing.

I'm not getting into whether he's a better or worse player than anyone else, so really shouldn't have to 'proove' anything on the purely subjective matter of whether wanking your guitar off for 20 minutes is an appropriate substitute for some of your favourite recorded solos.
    you just post sogs and solos that your ears dont like ..you didnt proove a thing..are u a musician?u can do better?you can proove that he cant play great live?no ,,you cant ....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljam is the Jesus Christ of this message board....only better.

Seriously dude, you kick so much ass.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Shit i wish i was going to see one of those noodleing solos this weekend i can't wait for the next tour ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    appie wrote:
    nice vid Dimi! He is indead the greatist player in the world with the best band in the world

Did Jimmy rise from the grave in 2001?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    I love Mike however there is a big difference between Mike and Jimi. Jimi blazed the trail, Mike followed it. Mike is not the new Jimi of this century, as has been said, Jimi is the Jimi of this century.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    you just post sogs and solos that your ears dont like ..you didnt proove a thing..are u a musician?u can do better?you can proove that he cant play great live?no ,,you cant ....

Grow up, It's subjective you berk,...

I can't and am not trying to prove whether one subjective opinion is more valid than another, you're perfectly entitled to blow as much smoke up McCready's arse as you like,...

Similarly, I'm entitled to prefer it if he were to play certain solos as he recorded them.

Yes, I am a musician, No, I can't play lead guitar better than Mike McCready.
    Post edited by Eilian on
  • Options
    Eilian wrote:

Grow up, It's subjective you berk,...

I can't and am not trying to proove whether one subjective opinion is more valid than another, you're perfectly entitled to blow as much smoke up McCready's arse as you like,...

Similarly, I'm entitled to prefer it if he were to play certain solos as he recorded them.

Yes, I am a musician, No, I can't play lead guitar better than Mike McCready.
    so you cant..all ok then..you was just wrong..it happens
  • Options
    so you cant..all ok then..you was just wrong..it happens

Do you have a full time carer?

All I've stated is a preference, I CAN'T BE WRONG!

Ironically enough, given your belligerent hard-on for poof of the subjective, this bizarre smugness you're pumping my way is pretty compelling evidence of learning disability.

You're about one push away from resorting to "so is your face" as an argument winning retort.

All i've really said is that I love the records so much, I'd prefer to hear them as they were recorded.
  • Options
    too much talking make no sence at all.....stay and comment on my opinion ..talking about me in person wont help u to proove you are right
    enough said
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    Chalk this thread up to people who have HEARD and SEEN far too many PJ shows.

I guess he can't melt your face 1000x, but he certainly did the first 100.

Time to head to a show where you can hear the exact same solo to every song again.

same people in this thread would complain about Stevey and Jimi noodling up there if they saw them 100 times......BOOOOORIIINNNGGGG
  • Options
    appie wrote:

Did Jimmy rise from the grave in 2001?

no...but his music is still alive and well.