Travel

2»

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Always dreamed of three traveling destinations:

The Amazon River
    Tibet
    Fiji

i think just floating down the length of the amazon would be incredible. imagine what youd see that youve never seen before and probably wont ever see again.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    probably. But would there be time to reflect on the memories? That would be the shame of it. Learn about the world in that way, but always on to the next place and no time for reflection of whats already been seen.

Isn't that what old age is for? :think:
    One would think. As small as the world seems these days , it's still a very big place. I assumed of course , you were refering to every place possible on earth? I would expect THAT would take a lifetime in itself. And another lifetime to reflect. Unless of course you plan on aging in a biblical way!!! 900 years? :mrgreen:

Just everywhere where there's hot running water...and beer! :mrgreen:
    Byrnzie wrote:

you might miss out on a lot of interesting places if thats the criteria steve.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

The Amazon River
    Tibet
    Fiji

i think just floating down the length of the amazon would be incredible. imagine what youd see that youve never seen before and probably wont ever see again.

It would be amazing. Especially visiting some of the secluded indigineous (sp?) people of that area.

Always wondered what sort of shots one would need to travel the Amazon. I can't imagine the variety of diseases carried by the mosquitos and in the water.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    Byrnzie wrote:

Sounds like my husband. He also requires a tv and our own toilet - no sharing.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi

The Amazon River
    Tibet
    Fiji

It would be amazing. Especially visiting some of the secluded indigineous (sp?) people of that area.

Always wondered what sort of shots one would need to travel the Amazon. I can't imagine the variety of diseases carried by the mosquitos and in the water.

not sure id be prepared to expose secluded folks to whatever diseases i might be carrying.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    epared to expose secluded folks to whatever diseases i might be carrying.

Yes, I'm sure that is an issue to some extent. However, I think almost all of the south american "natives" have regular contact with the outside world now. Actually, I don't really know that - only what I have seen on
    National Georgraphic and Discovery Channel. And I'm not afraid of what I would catch from them. I'm afraid of all the viruses/bacteria in the water and in the mosquitos.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    81 wrote:
    we try and go someplace every year.

i really want to drive across the country on a motorcycle. i get an extra week of vacation next year, so maybe a nice trip around memorial day. just need to get the ass back into long distance shape. :lol:

I traveled to Montana and back on the back of a bike. Took about 17-18 days round trip. Nearly 20 years ago and my butt could bare handle it then.....definitely not now!!!!

Headed to Germany in 13 days. I have friends in Munich and Frankfurt. I haven't been to visit them in 10 years (they've been here to visit since then). Looking forward to traveling more in the next few years. Greece, Australia, New Zealand and Japan are on the the hopeful list!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Whizbang wrote:
    81 wrote:

i really want to drive across the country on a motorcycle. i get an extra week of vacation next year, so maybe a nice trip around memorial day. just need to get the ass back into long distance shape. :lol:

I traveled to Montana and back on the back of a bike. Took about 17-18 days round trip. Nearly 20 years ago and my butt could bare handle it then.....definitely not now!!!!

Headed to Germany in 13 days. I have friends in Munich and Frankfurt. I haven't been to visit them in 10 years (they've been here to visit since then). Looking forward to traveling more in the next few years. Greece, Australia, New Zealand and Japan are on the the hopeful list!

I loved Munich, oh the beer gardens :D

I love to travel...I've done quite a bit this year and I am already thinking of my next trip :)
    Whizbang wrote:
    81 wrote:

i hear australias awesome. :thumbup: ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Yes, I'm sure that is an issue to some extent. However, I think almost all of the south american "natives" have regular contact with the outside world now. Actually, I don't really know that - only what I have seen on
    National Georgraphic and Discovery Channel. And I'm not afraid of what I would catch from them. I'm afraid of all the viruses/bacteria in the water and in the mosquitos.

yeah im not afraid of catching anything in the amazon either. i dont get sick and 24 years of exposure to school cooties along with the 5 second rule has made me invincible to disease. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

yeah im not afraid of catching anything in the amazon either. i dont get sick and 24 years of exposure to school cooties along with the 5 second rule has made me invincible to disease. ;)8-)

Yeah, the five second rule is a life saver! My husband don't get it. He thinks I'm participating in "risky behavior" when I pick up a piece of dropped chocolate off of a Beale Street Sidewalk. It was my chocolate and I picked it up in LESS THAN 5 seconds after being dropped. No danger.
    Yeah, the five second rule is a life saver! My husband don't get it. He thinks I'm participating in "risky behavior" when I pick up a piece of dropped chocolate off of a Beale Street Sidewalk. It was my chocolate and I picked it up in LESS THAN 5 seconds after being dropped. No danger.

oh good god no!!! off the sidewalk??? youre husbands right... that is risky behaviour. not even i love chocolate that much. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    getting the urge to take a christmas road trip vacation.....

perhaps a trip to the gulf :think:

11 days off this year....gonna be sooo bored by day 3 if we don't do something.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:

I was supposed to go with the woman on a business trip to Utica, NY. we were going to leave tomorrow and then turn it into a random road trip for the weekend. Her meeting was cancelled and now I am not sure what we will do, I have off starting tomorrow and all of next week, and its a great time for a roadtrip somewhere.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I was supposed to go with the woman on a business trip to Utica, NY. we were going to leave tomorrow and then turn it into a random road trip for the weekend. Her meeting was cancelled and now I am not sure what we will do, I have off starting tomorrow and all of next week, and its a great time for a roadtrip somewhere.

i hear chicago is nice this time of year. :lol:

just take the road trip anyways....go to charleston, sc if you haven't been there before.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i hear chicago is nice this time of year. :lol:

just take the road trip anyways....go to charleston, sc if you haven't been there before.

I have been to Charleston, he woman has not. That would be a great place to go. Maybe I can learn about moonshining somewhere along the way.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I have been to Charleston, he woman has not. That would be a great place to go. Maybe I can learn about moonshining somewhere along the way.

perhaps ashville, nc would be the place to visit instead.

my brother and i went down there... we were taking the blue ridge highway to the highest point east of the mississisipppiiii. we took it for a bit, and then it closed, so we jumped off and took back roads....drove up some mountain....and near the top, being semi lost, i saw a guy in a truck, so i stopped to ask directions....

not sure he liked me stopping. :lol: he might have been running lookout. ...yeah...i'm sure that's what it was.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

perhaps ashville, nc would be the place to visit instead.

my brother and i went down there... we were taking the blue ridge highway to the highest point east of the mississisipppiiii. we took it for a bit, and then it closed, so we jumped off and took back roads....drove up some mountain....and near the top, being semi lost, i saw a guy in a truck, so i stopped to ask directions....

not sure he liked me stopping. :lol: he might have been running lookout. ...yeah...i'm sure that's what it was.

that's awesome! blue ridge would be cool. Just not up for a deliverance type situation
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Just had to turn down the offer to go to Argentina in December for a month.. With the ex, i had to refuse you see, otherwise I'd be packing my bags!! I did a central america trip - (haha heres a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KVw368_T4E) South america is next on my list
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
    Meg8686 wrote:
    Just had to turn down the offer to go to Argentina in December for a month.. With the ex, i had to refuse you see, otherwise I'd be packing my bags!! I did a central america trip - (haha heres a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KVw368_T4E) South america is next on my list

Nice. Beautiful photos. Makes me wish I was there.
  • Meg8686 wrote:
    Your photos are amazing.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Great pics. I love the pictures of the Pandas. They're so cute!
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"