2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Definatley need to get out and experience the world some more. Something I need to consider when I leave University.

India is number one on the list.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

In at the deep end. A bit of a culture shock is India.
  • SolsySolsy Posts: 6
    ....a few quiet beers, outdoors, under the stars,'Breath And A Scream',.......i hear ya
    The direction of the eye
    So misleading
    The defection of the soul
    Nauseously quick
    I don't question
    Our existence
    I just question
    Our modern needs
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Heading to Madrid and Barcelona on Sunday. Can't wait!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm digging home as of late but ready tour travel when they say go :D
  • 44705711.png
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:

India wouldn't make my list... In my office are two people who have been to India... whilst they both say they enjoyed it (to a point) they both said enough negatives to make me never want to go... my boss got a baby passed through his taxi window to him from some haggard looking woman... he got robbed twice in the same day... etc

plus I've seen enough of TV travel shows to know i'd hate it... India is building a fucking spaceship right, yet it can't build enough trains for its own people... "do you want a 1st class ticket, 2nd class or a seat on the roof?" ... plus they don't know what toilet paper is.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It would be nice but I'm in the same boat in regards to funding oversea trips. But I'm pretty lucky that both the US and Canada offer great and amazing scenery and countless areas to visit. I guess I miss the cultural aspect unless you count drinking Kokannes and arguing hockey with a bunch of hose-heads. ;)

I do have some friends in China and hope to visit within the next several years. Australia and New Zealand are up near the top and I would love to travel through Europe and see all the history.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    we try and go someplace every year.

i really want to drive across the country on a motorcycle. i get an extra week of vacation next year, so maybe a nice trip around memorial day. just need to get the ass back into long distance shape. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:

i really want to drive across the country on a motorcycle. i get an extra week of vacation next year, so maybe a nice trip around memorial day. just need to get the ass back into long distance shape. :lol:

I didn't know Dunk was going with you?
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'm long overdue for traveling. I need to get out, and preferably oversees, but I have to finish my recovery first. Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore sound quite nice right now.
    sounds crazy to some, but i'd like to check out some of the northern russian cities. some of the more remort parts of china. the german autobound. small european towns. parts of south america would be neat to check out as well. still need to get north of the artic circle. i'm going to kick my ass until i do that. so close, only maybe 60 miles to go. i hate traveling with other couples. just me and the woman or by myself.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I have been wanting to Amtrak it across the country for a while now. Would like to take a few weeks and make the rounds. Hopefully in the next couple years.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Byrnzie wrote:

I can't think of anything better than travel. Never been to India but my wife worked in travel for 20 years has been all over the place. She loved India but she and 3 colleagues made the mistake of having ice cream one night. The next day all 4 were turned inside out. 2 weeks after she got back one of the women who complained of feeling unwell was diagnosed with meningitis and hasn't been that well since. She still wants me to go to India but I'd rather visit somewhere I don't end up with a bad arse. The palaces they visited and the hotels they stayed in were out of this world.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I have been wanting to Amtrak it across the country for a while now. Would like to take a few weeks and make the rounds. Hopefully in the next couple years.

i've thought about that, but everytime i think about taking amtrak, i compare the pricing to flying and flying has been cheaper and more convient. however, if you just wanted to see the country side, this wouldn't be a bad way.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    81 wrote:
    sounds crazy to some, but i'd like to check out some of the northern russian cities. some of the more remort parts of china. the german autobound. small european towns. parts of south america would be neat to check out as well. still need to get north of the artic circle. i'm going to kick my ass until i do that. so close, only maybe 60 miles to go. i hate traveling with other couples. just me and the woman or by myself.
    Sounds perfect to me. St Petersburg in the winter is meant to be awesome but of course very cold. Friends have been to South America during a world trip and said it was the highlight. Some of the small Euro towns are great especially some of the French, Italian and Spanish towns. I've never been to the Chinese mainland but have been to Hong Kong which is one of the best places on the planet.
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i've thought about that, but everytime i think about taking amtrak, i compare the pricing to flying and flying has been cheaper and more convient. however, if you just wanted to see the country side, this wouldn't be a bad way.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be nice to just see the coutryside and not deal with the hassle of airports or driving. It is definitely pretty expensive but I think it would be a lot of fun.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    If I can get to NY city every couple of months or so I'm happy.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I shouldn't have read this, still suffering post holiday misery. Oh well, we'll see what the future holds.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    ...is all I wanna do.

Anyone else feel the same way?
    All the time.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    ...is all I wanna do.

Anyone else feel the same way?

YES! That's why I'm a Travel Agent :-) I love it!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,679
    One item on my bucket list would be to attend either a summer or winter Olympics game in a European country. Great way to see a city over seas and to attend an Olympics, which is something I've always wanted to due. Rather go to the winter games just so I can watch the mens hockey team win GOLD 1 more time :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    I wonder if it's possible to go everywhere in a single lifetime and get toa point where there's nowhere left to go?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,856
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I wonder if it's possible to go everywhere in a single lifetime and get toa point where there's nowhere left to go?
    probably. But would there be time to reflect on the memories? That would be the shame of it. Learn about the world in that way, but always on to the next place and no time for reflection of whats already been seen.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    probably. But would there be time to reflect on the memories? That would be the shame of it. Learn about the world in that way, but always on to the next place and no time for reflection of whats already been seen.

Isn't that what old age is for? :think:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,856
    Byrnzie wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Isn't that what old age is for? :think:
    One would think. As small as the world seems these days , it's still a very big place. I assumed of course , you were refering to every place possible on earth? I would expect THAT would take a lifetime in itself. And another lifetime to reflect. Unless of course you plan on aging in a biblical way!!! 900 years? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Byrnzie wrote:

some places are quite remote. islands in the southern ocean for example that arent serviced by conventional means of transport. personally i would love to visit the crozet islands but im not sure if its even allowable.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Always dreamed of three traveling destinations:

The Amazon River
    Tibet
    Fiji
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi