Anybody up for book swapping?

2»

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Anybody want "Marley & Me?" I'll warn you, the end is sad.

i taught Mr. 4+20 a good lesson...know what the ending is before you go to the movies and bawl your eyes out (the people behind us snickered as mr. 4+20 asked me for tissues)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    4and20 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    I'll swap a book. Hubby is always at me to have a clear out.

I gave my copy of The Book Thief to a Swedish girl called Maria so I won't pass that on. But it would be great to pass on a book I've really enjoyed to someone that would appreciate it.

i have a copy of 'The Nanny Diaries' it's a NY Times #1 best seller....

Not heard of it but would give it a go. I'll have a ratch about on my shelves for a good one, that I can bare to part with.
    Claireack wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    I'll swap a book. Hubby is always at me to have a clear out.

I gave my copy of The Book Thief to a Swedish girl called Maria so I won't pass that on. But it would be great to pass on a book I've really enjoyed to someone that would appreciate it.

i have a copy of 'The Nanny Diaries' it's a NY Times #1 best seller....

Not heard of it but would give it a go. I'll have a ratch about on my shelves for a good one, that I can bare to part with.

It's about a gal and her friend who are nannies for affluent people...the authors themselves DID nanny for rich people and they just wove all their experiences into a novel...it's funny
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:

It's about a gal and her friend who are nannies for affluent people...the authors themselves DID nanny for rich people and they just wove all their experiences into a novel...it's funny
    If my nanny ever wrote a book :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    4and20 wrote:

do you take your nanny on vacation with you and the family?

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

I have in the past...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    4and20 wrote:

I have in the past...

ummm...maybe you should read the book.....

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:

Saw the movie... I'm much nicer than that husband :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    4and20 wrote:

ok then...I did not see the movie, I read the book and then the movie came out... I usually don't like the movie b/c they sometimes change it too much. At least your kids know who you are right? :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

ok then...I did not see the movie, I read the book and then the movie came out... I usually don't like the movie b/c they sometimes change it too much. At least your kids know who you are right? :lol:
    Yes, I am Mr. BD but I like to be called The Captain.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Yes, I am Mr. BD but I like to be called The Captain.

aye aye Cap'n

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc94T9NKoykL2SA720RlSNjTnAvugC0MW4fC21Gtnzr35FBUM&t=1&usg=__p2MCSA6_e2vvdttdpBfHK-jdQyg=

- Christopher McCandless