crysby throws down the hatred

2»

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    People need to get over it - some people like him, some people don't, some people don't care.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    m0jorisen wrote:
    whats he ever won?

he's won basically every award a player can win ... so, he doesn't have a Stanley Cup or an Olympic Gold ... he's pretty frickin' awesome ...

in any case - i guess you either have to be dirty or a real good player to have people hate ya ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:
    whats he ever won?

he's won basically every award a player can win ... so, he doesn't have a Stanley Cup or an Olympic Gold ... he's pretty frickin' awesome ...

in any case - i guess you either have to be dirty or a real good player to have people hate ya ...

i agree he is a pretty awesome player but i don't think he makes the players around him better and thats why i don't think he is a better player than Crosby
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    m0jorisen wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:
    who's better?

Ovechkin

whats he ever won?

you asked who's better not who's won what.

Pretty close but have to go with Alex the Great.

Crosby- 384 games played. 189 goals, 332 assists, 521 points, +45
    Ovechkin- 408 games played. 276 goals, 268 assists 544 points, +65 and arguably played on a weaker team.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    You can't compare a player by what his teams have one, not saying that he doesn't have a part in it... But to say that one is better than the other because he's won a cup and the gold, is not really a testament to his skills.

Even if Canada did win the gold on Crosby's goal.
    BOOYEAH. :D

That said... I only like Crosby when he's in the Red 'n Whites!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    he's a great player who also happens to be a bitch.
  • The Fixer wrote:

That's exactly how i feel about your captain except i'd change great to good
    which is how rivalries should be. i cant stand the flyers, you cant stand the pens, i certainly don't expect anybody to like crosby who is a rival.
    The Fixer wrote:

which is how rivalries should be. i cant stand the flyers, you cant stand the pens, i certainly don't expect anybody to like crosby who is a rival.

richards isn't in the same class as crosby as a player. no question there. there is nothing bitch about richards though. he is known as a big hitter and someone who will drop the gloves to spark his team.

both teams are stacked this year. the pens have owned the flyers in the playoffs since crosby arrived. I think the flyers are finally suited to match up with the pens in a playoff series. If they face each other this spring it will be a war. and I'm sure crosby will be whining as always
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

richards isn't in the same class as crosby as a player. no question there. there is nothing bitch about richards though. he is known as a big hitter and someone who will drop the gloves to spark his team.

both teams are stacked this year. the pens have owned the flyers in the playoffs since crosby arrived. I think the flyers are finally suited to match up with the pens in a playoff series. If they face each other this spring it will be a war. and I'm sure crosby will be whining as always

Richards can whine too, but he's the captain. Bitching to the refs is part of the process. I hope we meet in the playoffs too but right now the guins are looking average at best.
    Fleury is awful right now, Malkin is looking lost. The new and improved d isn't so improved and the pp has to be the worst in the league.
    The problem is it's crosby,malkin and a bunch of grinders. Staal needs to get healthy fast or it might get ugly.
    still really early. as a flyers fan I will want nothing to do with the pens come playoff time.

I've always thought that staal was underrated. he does a lot of grunt work for that team and he can score goals if he has to.

crosby is way too good of a player to act like he does. that's all I'm saying. richards doesn't come close to crosby's antics.