josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
1- Americans don't get sick .

2-Americans if you do get sick .

3-Die quickly :lol::lol:
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• actually i thought the plan was going to be where every member of the federal government calls you personally to see how you're doing...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • BrianGBrianG Posts: 53
    or maybe it is........work an honest job, buy your own health insurance (even if you have to skip your Playstation 3, have a cheaper cell phone plan, and only basic cable instead of all the channels).

Don't live off of somebody else's hard work.
    :o
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    dumbest thread ever
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    BrianG wrote:
    or maybe it is........work an honest job, buy your own health insurance (even if you have to skip your Playstation 3, have a cheaper cell phone plan, and only basic cable instead of all the channels).

if it was only that simple. it really is don't get sick. not blaming republicans totally for it but the fact is health care costs are insanely high for hospital care. it's one thing to be able to afford Primary Care but very few can truly afford long term hospital care.

secondly our government (ok mostly the republicans) won't allow us to have cheaper cell phone plans or cheaper cable because their policies allow those BIG corporations to rape us for charges and channels we don't want or need.

Again not blaming totally the republicans for these policies but please stop trying to boil down to a simple statement like you did above.
  • 1. If your insurance company drops you for a preexisting condition just before you get sick, tough shit.

2. If you get a devastating disease and run out of money to pay for treatment, tough shit.

3. If you're not rich enough to buy the best insurance, you get limited coverage because good health care is only for the rich. So, tough shit.

4. If you're working a full time job at a large corporation as a single parent and can barely make enough money to put food on the table, your employer doesn't have to provide health insurance because you should buy it on your own and forgo food...so tough shit.

Yea, America...home of the selfish. Thank god the president has taken care of #1. I'm sure the CONservatives will do everything to repeal it though.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    If it was just easy as skipping the playstation 3 and cut the phone bill i wouldn't care BUT the reality is that it would be like working for free for the insurance company... and i have 3 fucking jobs, I work every single day from 7am to 11pm-1am no weekends for me and I have a career and still is hard to have a health care plan... no playstation 3 for me... :evil:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the health care system needs an overhaul.

even the very basic stuff is over priced. there is so much gouging and fraud in the industry. it needs an enima
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    81 wrote:
    the health care system needs an overhaul.

even the very basic stuff is over priced. there is so much gouging and fraud in the industry. it needs an enima

not to be a grammar Nazi but the right word is ENEMA! :lol:

do-not-want-enema.jpg
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    i suck at the spelling of words :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BrianG wrote:

All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 1- Americans don't get sick .

4- Survive to age 65, then get healthcare from Medicare, which obviously has nothing to do with the government. Also get Rx drugs from Medicare Part D for full retail price, since the GOP was so generous to allow this in 2003. Clearly anyone over 65 deserves this, because they all vote, and all the 20-something idiots don't vote unless it's in vogue.

(Oh yeah, the cost of the 2003 MMA, passed by a Republican President, House & Senate, is more than the cost of the Democrats' bailouts, recovery act, and health care reform COMBINED.) Glad those guys are so good at small government. :lol: :twisted:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    1- Americans don't get sick .

4- Survive to age 65, then get healthcare from Medicare, which obviously has nothing to do with the government. Also get Rx drugs from Medicare Part D for full retail price, since the GOP was so generous to allow this in 2003. Clearly anyone over 65 deserves this, because they all vote, and all the 20-something idiots don't vote unless it's in vogue.

(Oh yeah, the cost of the 2003 MMA, passed by a Republican President, House & Senate, is more than the cost of the Democrats' bailouts, recovery act, and health care reform COMBINED.) Glad those guys are so good at small government. :lol: :twisted:

those people, my friend, are not true republicans.
    www.myspace.com
    umm, yeah, those bail outs you refer to were started while Bush was in office.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

are you talking to me? my point was that admin/current repubs call themselves republicans but that party has drifted so far away from the true ideals of what it used to stand for. tough to tell the difference between the two parties these days. hence why your jeagler is not affiliated with either of them anymore.
    www.myspace.com
  • those people, my friend, are not true republicans.

That's what happens when they are in control. Deficit explodes. Every time. Sorry, but them's the facts. That's why I gave the R party the big middle finger a few years ago.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    those people, my friend, are not true republicans.

That's what happens when they are in control. Deficit explodes. Every time. Sorry, but them's the facts. That's why I gave the R party the big middle finger a few years ago.

every time? no. to be fair clinton balanced the budget with the support/urging of the republican controlled house and senate. obviously that would not have happened without republicanss passing it through congress. unfortunately then 9/11 happened and everything went to shit!

but i too gave them the middle finger a few years ago. incidentally, i did the same thing to the other party waaay before that :mrgreen:

your jeagler only knows one party and that is freedom.
    www.myspace.com
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    BrianG wrote:

:lol:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    dumbest thread ever

Then stick to the Phillies suck thread or 76'ers suck thread you are the expert philly sports guru :lol::lol:
  • dumbest thread ever

Then stick to the Phillies suck thread or 76'ers suck thread you are the expert philly sports guru :lol::lol:

I guess my joke went right over the heads of most..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    dumbest thread ever

I guess my joke went right over the heads of most..

No i hear you Larry that would be their plan :lol:
    dumbest thread ever

care to add something worthwhile to your own thread?

:roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,224
    81 wrote:

Sure was...and was also voted for by (amongst others) your current President, Vice-President and Secretary of State.

The point that always gets missed in the health care debate is how unhealthy we are as a nation. We have, by a wide margin, the highest obesity rate in the world (30%) and, thus, the highest per capita health care costs. It seems whenever "health care as a right" gets tossed around it's under the context of bad things happening to good people. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of bad things are happening to people who choose to take little to no measure to prevent those bad things from happening.

Until we learn to start taking care of ourselves first, any degree of socialized or subsidized coverage is gonna collapse under the weight of its own cost. See: Medicare, Medicaid, the lovely test market we have going here in Massachusetts, etc.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited November 2010
    81 wrote:

are you talking to me? my point was that admin/current repubs call themselves republicans but that party has drifted so far away from the true ideals of what it used to stand for. tough to tell the difference between the two parties these days. hence why your jeagler is not affiliated with either of them anymore.

The problem is what health care costs. I'm the healthiest person I know. I rarely get sick. I haven't been to the doctor since I was a kid.

Last year I had to go to the ER for the first time in my life. I had a piece of pizza crust stuck in my esophagus and had to be put out to get it out... Fortunately I had health insurance through work. The whole deal cost me maybe $50.

Had I not had health insurance it would have set me back $8,000! Thats insane! I was in and out in a few hours and it cost me 8k!?.. They gave me some nice drugs, but surely not $8,000 drugs, and shoved a tube down my throat.

Point being, the healthiest person in the world could have their life turned upside down if they don't pay for insurance.

Had I not had health insurance, I would have taken a coat hanger and done the job myself.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,224
    pjl44 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Until we learn to start taking care of ourselves first, any degree of socialized or subsidized coverage is gonna collapse under the weight of its own cost. See: Medicare, Medicaid, the lovely test market we have going here in Massachusetts, etc.

The problem is what health care costs. I'm the healthiest person I know. I rarely get sick. I haven't been to the doctor since I was a kid.

Last year I had to go to the ER for the first time in my life. I had a piece of pizza crust stuck in my esophagus and had to be put out to get it out... Fortunately I had health insurance through work. the whole deal cost me maybe $50.

Had I not had health insurance it would have set me back $8,000! Thats insane! I was in and out in a few hours and it cost me 8k!?

Point being, the healthiest person in the world could have their life turned upside down if they don't pay for insurance.

So now imagine if that cost has to be covered collectively. What they charge isn't an arbitrary figure. If one isn't carrying a degree of financial risk, one is far more likely to use that service and not think twice about it. You had an emergency situation, but you would be shocked at the number of people that treat the ER like a walk-in clinic. Reasonable people approach the issue from a reasonable standpoint, but understand that there are A LOT of people who use these services irresponsibly already. It only stands to get worse and drive prices up further.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    pjl44 wrote:

So now imagine if that cost has to be covered collectively. What they charge isn't an arbitrary figure. If one isn't carrying a degree of financial risk, one is far more likely to use that service and not think twice about it. You had an emergency situation, but you would be shocked at the number of people that treat the ER like a walk-in clinic. Reasonable people approach the issue from a reasonable standpoint, but understand that there are A LOT of people who use these services irresponsibly already. It only stands to get worse and drive prices up further.

True.. I have coworkers who go to the doctor EVERY time they get sick. And they get sick every few weeks.. and every now and then, I'll catch what they had and just feel conjested for a day or two.
    pjl44 wrote:

True.. I have coworkers who go to the doctor EVERY time they get sick. And they get sick every few weeks.. and every now and then, I'll catch what they had and just feel conjested for a day or two.

i know someone who went to the er last summer for sun burn. they told him to put aloe on it.....incidentally, this same person purposely avoided going out and finding a new job over the last year in favor of continuing to collect unemployment from his last pizza delivery job. how one was able to collect from such a job in the first place still boggles my mind. but yeah...this is america in 2010 people. obamanation.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Shouldn't this be in MT, or do you know no one will read your broad assumption of things?

But, yes, neocon's suck.
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    pjl44 wrote:

and this has to do with what...?

those who treat the ER like a walk in clinic have no other option...what do you propose they do...?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,437
    pjl44 wrote:

the outlandish costs are because of insurance and tort laws not because people go to the ER too much. Make the insurance rates on doctors and hospitals lower, limit damage awards and the ridiculously overpriced medical system we have should come down dramatically. Absolutely insane that one 2-3 hour visit costs over $8,000. I had a similar issue - have been to the hospital/ER exactly 1 time in my life and only because my primary doctor told me to get to an emergency room right away as he thought I had an appendix about to burst (turned out to be a stomach issue) but had an CT Scan and that was pretty much it and it was over $9,000 if had no insurance - ridiculous. Can't even possibly imagine being hospitalized for any amount of time what that would cost.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

the outlandish costs are because of insurance and tort laws not because people go to the ER too much. Make the insurance rates on doctors and hospitals lower, limit damage awards and the ridiculously overpriced medical system we have should come down dramatically. Absolutely insane that one 2-3 hour visit costs over $8,000. I had a similar issue - have been to the hospital/ER exactly 1 time in my life and only because my primary doctor told me to get to an emergency room right away as he thought I had an appendix about to burst (turned out to be a stomach issue) but had an CT Scan and that was pretty much it and it was over $9,000 if had no insurance - ridiculous. Can't even possibly imagine being hospitalized for any amount of time what that would cost.

I agree that the lack of tort reform in the health care act is a huge problem. I hope these idiots all work together to put it in there. And yes, I blame the Democrats for not including tort reform in the law.