Riddles

he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So I dont really know any but love trying to solve them. Anyone have some good riddles they want to post?
We were but stones your light made us stars
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Like....

Mike Peters was surprised to see his window slide open and was positively shocked when he saw two strangers climb inside. What transpired next could only be described as a despicable act of thievery. Mike watched with rapt fascination as the two thieves systematically began to remove the priceless Persian carpets, artwork, and jewelry. Having stripped the room, the thieves climbed back out the window. Incredibly, Mike went back to what he had been doing before the thieves arrived and soon he'd forgotten about the entire incident. Why wouldn't Mike, who was in perfect health, have tried to stop the thieves or at the very least call the police after they had left?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mike Peters is a goldfish.
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    There is a man in a chair in a cabin in the woods.

How did he get there?
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
    How long is a piece of string?
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    If you say my name, I'll no longer exist. What am I?
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
    Mike Peters is a goldfish.

Mike Peters is not a goldfish...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Magnuson wrote:
    Mike Peters is a goldfish.

Mike Peters is not a goldfish...

ok, he's a baby goldfish.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    mike peters is a baby
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 wrote:
    mike peters is a baby

yay...you get the gold star for the day!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9U55uymiD1lzefDkQePOAOLyN9NQtqGphqyAiJbw09eeFpH4&t=1&usg=__vDdn27EMgUvxgY5Z9vAinSVBBzs=

- Christopher McCandless
  • Magnuson wrote:
    ed243421 wrote:
    mike peters is a baby

yay...you get the gold star for the day!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9U55uymiD1lzefDkQePOAOLyN9NQtqGphqyAiJbw09eeFpH4&t=1&usg=__vDdn27EMgUvxgY5Z9vAinSVBBzs=
    Mike Peters was the inside guy...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Jukee wrote:

Silence
  • HeavyHands wrote:

14 letters
    Jukee wrote:

Silence

C'est bon!
    What goes around the world but stays in a corner?
  • you've died, and found yourself in a room with only two doors.
    one door leads to heaven, which i have read and heard is lovely.
    the other door leads to hell - i am told a shitty place.
    you do not know which is which - there are no signs.
    each door has a guard standing in front of it.
    one guard always lies.
    the other always tells the truth.
    you do not know which.
    there are no nametags with "liar" or "truthteller" on them.

you may ask only one identical question to each guard.
    one question - same question to each guard.

what question you gonna ask to figure out which door is which?
    uke can save the world
    a stamp

Yes sir :D
  • You have to ask both guards: "Tell me, which door will the other guard show me, when I ask him for the door to heaven?"
    And then you have to take the other one, when you want to go to heaven.
    you've died, and found yourself in a room with only two doors.
    one door leads to heaven, which i have read and heard is lovely.
    the other door leads to hell - i am told a shitty place.
    you do not know which is which - there are no signs.
    each door has a guard standing in front of it.
    one guard always lies.
    the other always tells the truth.
    you do not know which.
    there are no nametags with "liar" or "truthteller" on them.

you may ask only one identical question to each guard.
    one question - same question to each guard.

what question you gonna ask to figure out which door is which?
  • There are four intelligent men standing in a room, each facing the same wall in the middle of the room. They are lined up like this, (where the '0's are each of the men and the 'I' is the wall):

0 I 0 0 0

The wall is solid, and cannot be looked through, (no mirrors, windows, holes etc).

There are 4 hats, 2 black and 2 white, and each man is wearing one of them. The men can see what is directly in front of them, but cannot look sideways or behind. They have no way of visually seeing what colour hat is on their own head. They are offered a reward, the first person to be able to tell for certain which colour hat they are wearing will win $1,000,000, but if they are incorrect they will be executed.

A few moments pass and one man confidently raises his hand and proclaims he knows what colour hat he is wearing. Which man is it and how does he know?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    joesan77 wrote:
    There are four intelligent men standing in a room, each facing the same wall in the middle of the room. They are lined up like this, (where the '0's are each of the men and the 'I' is the wall):

0 I 0 0 0

The wall is solid, and cannot be looked through, (no mirrors, windows, holes etc).

There are 4 hats, 2 black and 2 white, and each man is wearing one of them. The men can see what is directly in front of them, but cannot look sideways or behind. They have no way of visually seeing what colour hat is on their own head. They are offered a reward, the first person to be able to tell for certain which colour hat they are wearing will win $1,000,000, but if they are incorrect they will be executed.

A few moments pass and one man confidently raises his hand and proclaims he knows what colour hat he is wearing. Which man is it and how does he know?

if a few minutes pass, it's the guy in the middle on the side of the wall with three men.

The guy who can see two hats would immediately know his color hat if the two in front of him had the same color hat, his would be opposite and he would just get up, again, immediately.

But, if the two in front of him were different, he wouldn't know and would have to hesitate. This clue lets the middle guy know his hat must be the opposite of the hat in front of him.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • joesan77 wrote:
    There are four intelligent men standing in a room, each facing the same wall in the middle of the room. They are lined up like this, (where the '0's are each of the men and the 'I' is the wall):

0 I 0 0 0

the dude 2nd from the back wins the money because the dude behind him doesn't say anything - the explanation is a little more complicated but that's the short version.
  • jimed14 wrote:
    joesan77 wrote:

0 I 0 0 0

if a few minutes pass, it's the guy in the middle on the side of the wall with three men.

The guy who can see two hats would immediately know his color hat if the two in front of him had the same color hat, his would be opposite and he would just get up, again, immediately.

But, if the two in front of him were different, he wouldn't know and would have to hesitate. This clue lets the middle guy know his hat must be the opposite of the hat in front of him.
    :clap:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    jimed14 wrote:
    joesan77 wrote:

0 I 0 0 0

the wall isn't ceiling to floor. thus the single guy can tell
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,784
    "Riddle me this, riddle me that. Who's afraid of the big, black bat?"
    riddler.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Well played... I love that riddle because it is 100% logic... no funny business.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    A man lies in a bed in a room with no door.
    He waits hoping for presence, something, anything to enter....
    After spending half his life searching, he still felt as blank as the ceiling at which he stared...
    He's alive but feel absolutely nothing...
    So is he?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    HeavyHands wrote:

14 letters

Not the correct answer.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,784
    HeavyHands wrote:
    HeavyHands wrote:

14 letters

Not the correct answer.

is that one of those riddles that has no answer like if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around does it make a sound?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    HeavyHands wrote:
    There is a man in a chair in a cabin in the woods.

How did he get there?

his plane crash there

theserialthrilla = win!