THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• as far as the phone call, which of the current characters has a link to the prison that might know the number to the phone. Unless of course it is a new character.

could be something as simple as Carol locked in an office down the hall

some type of inter office phone system

I don't think anyone noticed my post about the director of the episode saying on Talking Dead that Carol is in fact dead.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    as far as the phone call, which of the current characters has a link to the prison that might know the number to the phone. Unless of course it is a new character.

I don't think anyone noticed my post about the director of the episode saying on Talking Dead that Carol is in fact dead.

that would suck for her to just be dead? we shall see
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    as far as the phone call, which of the current characters has a link to the prison that might know the number to the phone. Unless of course it is a new character.

Did he say "Carol is dead" ? I thought he implied it, that it was Carols grave....but do not recall him saying she is dead. I thought it was along the lines of C'mon, that was Carols grave Daryl put the flower on. So confused about her. I agree too big of a character for them to not go find her and have a closing service.
    I would think they would have gone back in for Lorri first since they knew where she was, then go for the other 2. mmm symbolic graves? Why when they have to live in the prison and they have to clear all the bodies eventually anyway.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

Did he say "Carol is dead" ? I thought he implied it, that it was Carols grave....but do not recall him saying she is dead.\
    I got the same impression.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Carol got away when T-Dog got eaten.. it doesn't make sense to me that a major character dies and we don't get to see it..
    Michonne is a total badass with that sword. does she ever join the group in the novels?

and since when do zombies get too tired to move after eating and just sit on the floor when a live person is around?

looks like next week's episode is going to be good 8-)
  • Yarden wrote:
    Carol got away when T-Dog got eaten.. it doesn't make sense to me that a major character dies and we don't get to see it..
    Michonne is a total badass with that sword. does she ever join the group in the novels?

and since when do zombies get too tired to move after eating and just sit on the floor when a live person is around?

he wasn't too tired. the director explained that he was so full of lori he couldn't move. imagine eating another human being the same size as you. I don't think you'd be able to move either, undead or not.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Since when has a Zombie eaten the whole body - bones and all? Or was part of Lori's body still lying around and it wasn't shown on camera?

And also, what was the blood trail from? The Zombie's blood? Or did he drag Lori's body from the spot where she died over to another spot to eat dinner? That would be something new too.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Or was Lori still alive and she tried to crawl away as the Z chased her and eventually ate her? If she was still alive, how did Carl miss? Or did he miss deliberately? (which doesn't make sense. Why would he want his mother to become a walker?)
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Yarden wrote:

he wasn't too tired. the director explained that he was so full of lori he couldn't move. imagine eating another human being the same size as you. I don't think you'd be able to move either, undead or not.

so Lori is dead for sure? i was hoping she wasn't..
    Since when has a Zombie eaten the whole body - bones and all? Or was part of Lori's body still lying around and it wasn't shown on camera?

And also, what was the blood trail from? The Zombie's blood? Or did he drag Lori's body from the spot where she died over to another spot to eat dinner? That would be something new too.
    Pretty sure that the blood trail was from the zombie dragging her dead body across the floor.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    81 wrote:
    the-walking-dead-phone-call.jpg

Possible answers Rick will receive to his "Hello?" when he spoke into the phone:

"This is Teleflora, reminding you that your aunt's birthday is in five days. Please press one if you would like to order a happy birthday wishes bouquet."

"This is Mitt Romney. Thanks for not voting, asshole. I approve this message."

"Did you know that flu season is upon us? This is your local board of health, reminding you to contact your health care provider and schedule your annual influenza vaccine. Have a healthy day!"

"Uh, hi. This is Dominos. You ordered a large pepperoni? I'm at the gate and can't get in. Oh, wait, here comes someone... NoooOOOOoooooOOOoooooo" voice trails off into a scream, then fades.
    :lol:

richie1.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Rick has offically went section 8.

Those of you who have not served in the military that means he's Nucking Futs.
    My butt itches!
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I was left unfulfilled after this week's episode
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Yarden wrote:
    Yarden wrote:

so Lori is dead for sure? i was hoping she wasn't..

Oh, she's dead alright.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Did he say "Carol is dead" ? I thought he implied it, that it was Carols grave....but do not recall him saying she is dead. I thought it was along the lines of C'mon, that was Carols grave Daryl put the flower on. So confused about her. I agree too big of a character for them to not go find her and have a closing service.
    I would think they would have gone back in for Lorri first since they knew where she was, then go for the other 2. mmm symbolic graves? Why when they have to live in the prison and they have to clear all the bodies eventually anyway.

come to think of it, it wouldn't make any sense for her to be dead if we never saw her:
    a) get eaten
    b) turn
    c) get killed by one of the group

All they found was her head scarf. And I'm guessing the dead body they found was T Dog's, not hers. it looked way too big to be Carol. But then why didn't T Dog turn? I don't remember them having to rekill him.

But it looked to me like her grave had been dug, then filled in. Why do that if nothing to bury? I honestly thought what the director had said on Talking Dead was more than imply she was dead (I went back to my PVR to check the quote, but I had erased it). But maybe he's just screwing with the audience.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

All they found was her head scarf. And I'm guessing the dead body they found was T Dog's, not hers. it looked way too big to be Carol. But then why didn't T Dog turn? I don't remember them having to rekill him.

But it looked to me like her grave had been dug, then filled in. Why do that if nothing to bury? I honestly thought what the director had said on Talking Dead was more than imply she was dead (I went back to my PVR to check the quote, but I had erased it). But maybe he's just screwing with the audience.
    T-Dog was eaten to the point that there was no way he could come back.

Carol is still out there.
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

T-Dog was eaten to the point that there was no way he could come back.

Carol is still out there.

i was under the impression they took care of t-dog when they found him
    no need to actually see them blow his brains out...its kinda implied in the situation
    and unless his head and brains were eaten...he would come back
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I'm excited to start reading the comics!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    LET'S DO THIS

how about an old character?

What about the black guy that Rick encounters in the first season? I forget his name but he had a son about Carl's age (maybe a little older)?

DAMMIT! I could have sworn it was going to be him :x Looks like it's someone new (maybe from the governer's camp?).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I thought that on that last call, where she said "Rick," the voice on the other end of the phone was Maggie's. It was the same accent.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Yarden wrote:

I once ate a Kimball's Special (humungous ice cream sundae) which is so big they serve it in a bucket and you have to carry it with two hands.

I felt exactly like that zombie afterwards. But it was hot fudge sauce and marshmallow on my shirt, not blood and human tissue.

Anyway...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Oh, come one. Really?!?

I do realize the irony here, that I'm finding it silly that he'd get a call from Beyond the Grave, when I'm buying into the general principle that there are zombies.

But still...
    :corn: solid episode.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Next week can't get here soon enough.
    Go Birds!!!!
    i need to sleep on what i just watched

i knew he was imagining those calls from number 2

shits about to get crazy
    Next week can't get here soon enough.
    this
    Oh, come one. Really?!?

I do realize the irony here, that I'm finding it silly that he'd get a call from Beyond the Grave, when I'm buying into the general principle that there are zombies.

But still...

yeah what was that, some white noise shit? And who was the guy on the other line? Shane?

Darryl finding Carol was a gimme but cool. :)

Hoping Michone teams up with Rick and his gang, that would be one bad ass team!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    arq wrote:
    The call is from Lori, that's his way of dealing with the lost...

well someone's been reading the comics :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    arq wrote:
    The call is from Lori, that's his way of dealing with the lost...

well someone's been reading the comics :lol:

I thought it might be Archie and Jughead, or possibly Richie Rich.

Oh wait, wrong comics...