Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Loved this. I haven't followed a dramatic series on tv forever, but zombies? Are you kidding? Awesome!

But...there were two (related) things that concerned me about the opening installment:
    The character development/lame-ass conversation at the beginning between the two cops, about the wife not switching off the lights or whatever...and now seeing that the cops' wife is nailing his partner....I really hope they don't go overboard playing up the emotional aspect of the 'love triangle', with extended emotion-filled discussions. Zombie shows are all about suspense and action - we don't need a love story messing up the formula, thanks.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Loved this. I haven't followed a dramatic series on tv forever, but zombies? Are you kidding? Awesome!

But...there were two (related) things that concerned me about the opening installment:
    The character development/lame-ass conversation at the beginning between the two cops, about the wife not switching off the lights or whatever...and now seeing that the cops' wife is nailing his partner....I really hope they don't go overboard playing up the emotional aspect of the 'love triangle', with extended emotion-filled discussions. Zombie shows are all about suspense and action - we don't need a love story messing up the formula, thanks.

they have a shit load of time to fill. don't expect shooting and running all the time. i suspect the story is going to be more involved than what you normally get in a zombie movie.

assuming each episode is 40 minutes, they have over 3 hours to fill this season and almost 9 hours to fill in season 2. including both seasons, you are looking at 13 hours of actual show time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

they have a shit load of time to fill. don't expect shooting and running all the time. i suspect the story is going to be more involved than what you normally get in a zombie movie.

assuming each episode is 40 minutes, they have over 3 hours to fill this season and almost 9 hours to fill in season 2. including both seasons, you are looking at 13 hours of actual show time.

Understood. I just hope the filler isn't as badly scripted or drawn-out as that 'light switch' conversation at the start of episode 1.
    All said, for that to be my only complaint about a tv series is pretty impressive :)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

Understood. I just hope the filler isn't as badly scripted or drawn-out as that 'light switch' conversation at the start of episode 1.
    All said, for that to be my only complaint about a tv series is pretty impressive :)

hopefully your complaint doesn't happen. i was a little confused at the begining, but it seems they were just trying to set the show up. we'll see in the coming weeks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    ***Really tiny, not really spoiler?*****

Plot wise (from the comic), it's just as much about the 'survivors' and how they react to the breakdown in society. Are you the same person, do you have the same moral compass, etc. Things that were acceptable previously may not be acceptable now, and vice versa. That being said, you'll get your fill of running and shooting (among other ways of dispatching Zombies) for sure.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:

Plot wise (from the comic), it's just as much about the 'survivors' and how they react to the breakdown in society. Are you the same person, do you have the same moral compass, etc. Things that were acceptable previously may not be acceptable now, and vice versa. That being said, you'll get your fill of running and shooting (among other ways of dispatching Zombies) for sure.

isn't that sort of the plot in every zombie flick (or alot of them)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    81 wrote:
    merkinball wrote:

Could be... Zombie isn't normally my genre. I think the way it's gotten handled in the book is pretty interesting and brings a human element to it that I wouldn't have expected.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    merkinball wrote:

Yes but minor...movie is 2 hours...this is 6-7 hours...so def. More of the what now plot
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    merkinball wrote:

Yes but minor...movie is 2 hours...this is 6-7 hours...so def. More of the what now plot

completly agree.....13 hours is my calc inclduing seasons 1 and 2. pay attention boy :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Whatever more than a movie :mrgreen:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the African American wife eats the husband
    He is gonna let her in or go up to her outside
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the African American wife eats the husband
    It would be an accident if she eats him. He knows better. It was interesting that she was turning the knob, like she remembered somerhing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

It would be an accident if she eats him. He knows better. It was interesting that she was turning the knob, like she remembered somerhing

Well as I assume you know they say the dead go back to places of memory in all the movies
    She knows something happened there
  • Options
    I don't recall hearing that statement....hmm maybe i need to toss on a zombie flick
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Spoiler Alert:

I loved the part where the sheriff goes back to the half a zombie and says "I'm sorry for what happened to you" and shoots it in the head, i would have done that, just one of the very many little details that i haven't scene in a Zombie movie/show. The whole show was golden.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    I don't recall hearing that statement....hmm maybe i need to toss on a zombie flick

Totally dawn of dead remake ving has a good monologue about it
  • Options
    Spoiler Alert:

Good stuff. Binaural

I loved the part where the sheriff goes back to the half a zombie and says "I'm sorry for what happened to you" and shoots it in the head, i would have done that, just one of the very many little details that i haven't scene in a Zombie movie/show. The whole show was golden.
  • Options
    Watching it again :)
    With my 7 year old :?

That's good parenting ;)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Is that the milwaukee mall one. But yeah, i remember that now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

That's good parenting ;)

Good job I watched it twice at work :mrgreen::lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Is that the milwaukee mall one. But yeah, i remember that now.

Yes sir

I watched the original black and white Night of the living dead from 64 twice over the weekend
    And the African American in that classic has a similar mono but more vague

Talk about a scary movie ..you couldn't see shit in black and white and it was still scary as all shit
    Great suspense music in that film
  • Options

That's good parenting ;)

Someone had Zombie nightmares last night :? :lol:
    And someone is in the dog house this morning :lol: :roll:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

That's good parenting ;)

:lol:
  • Options

:lol:
    The little bastard ratted me out :mrgreen:
    "How could you show that to him??"
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Know what I always find funny about zombie movies?
    That they never know what a zombie is.

Its like "omigawd, wtf, there is a corpse chasing me.....what IS this dead/not dead thing??"

They call them 'walkers' in this show.
    Why do you never hear a character say 'holy fuck, zombies!!!'....weird.
  • Options

Its like "omigawd, wtf, there is a corpse chasing me.....what IS this dead/not dead thing??"

because they don't even know what that word means?
  • Options

i think we covered that back on page 5 or 6. :lol:

i tell ya what, if they do ever show up, i'll be calling them zombies. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i think we covered that back on page 5 or 6. :lol:

i tell ya what, if they do ever show up, i'll be calling them zombies. :lol:

Damn! I hate it when I think I've had an original thought but turn out to be a fraud. BD beat me to it. This is your previous reply:
    81 wrote:

we as the movie/tv viewing public know about zombies, but actors don't know them. they have never heard of such a thing. the word zombie is not in their volcabulary. they have never existed before.
    That doesn't fly with me. Zombies don't exist in real life either but we know what they are.
  • Options
    That doesn't fly with me. Zombies don't exist in real life either but we know what they are.

ok....let me try to rephrase it in the form of a question...

if we assume this is all real.

we have to assume that zombies/zombie movies/zombie books/everything zombie has never been said or seen before. at least in the context of this show.

however, some shows do accept that zombie movies have been around and do refrence them.

so i guess it depends on the story/show/movie and in this case, they have not been around before. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    good news fellow dorks

Episode Two Of 'The Walking Dead' Is 'All Action,' Says Andrew Lincoln
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    good news fellow dorks

Episode Two Of 'The Walking Dead' Is 'All Action,' Says Andrew Lincoln

sweeeeeeet!!